3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Edge Splinter  (Read 591 times)

Offline YosemiteSam

• Trad Bowhunter
Edge Splinter
« on: August 29, 2022, 12:12:16 PM »
Last weekend, I found an edge splinter on the lower limb of my hunting bow. It’s a mandarin duck black hunter. I don’t know when this happened. It could have been weeks ago but I first noticed it Sunday when there were some weeds wedged under the splinter. I sanded it with some 100 grit to remove the splinter & then some 220, 300 to get it smooth again. But is this limb just shot out now?  Is this a case of needing to just get a new set of limbs or is this just a minor thing that a little sandpaper & maybe some glue can fix?
"A good hunter...that's somebody the animals COME to."
"Every animal knows way more than you do." -- by a Koyukon hunter, as quoted by R. Nelson.

Online Kirkll

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Edge Splinter
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2022, 07:00:45 PM »
You should be good to go after sanding the sharp edge off unless its traveled up the limb. If you want to make sure you have it repaired, take some thin super glue and carefully apply it to the edge and see if it soaks into the crack.... Be very careful with that stuff though. It runs everywhere REAL quickly. you could use masking tape on the glass to prevent ruining the finish.    Kirk
Big Foot Bows
Traditional Archery
[email protected]
http://bigfootbows.com/b/bows/

Offline YosemiteSam

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2022, 11:47:23 AM »
Thank you.
"Every animal knows way more than you do." -- by a Koyukon hunter, as quoted by R. Nelson.

Offline YosemiteSam

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2022, 12:51:22 PM »
I found a similar edge split on the top limb.  I'll repair it too but keep these limbs around as backups.  I have another set on order.  In the meantime, I'm glad I have another setup to hunt with.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©