3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Hunting clothing...  (Read 213 times)

Offline TradPaul

• Trad Bowhunter
Hunting clothing...
« on: May 08, 2008, 10:29:00 PM »
Looking to pick up some decent clothing for next season and havent decided what will be best.
  I live in Charlotte NC, and have thought that maybe this season i will try some stalk and spot hunting on the ground for the majority of the season. I know it will be very hard, but equally rewarding.
  So i'm looking to get something that allows stealth movement and will keep me warm. I was thinking of wool and King of the moutnain brand at that, but as some of you may know, it cost.
  So what do you all think? what is the favorite brand that you have used? what do you find works best?

Thanks guys...

Paul.
"Dont let whats good, steal you away from whats best"

Offline flitz

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Hunting clothing...
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2008, 10:37:00 PM »
check out the new Predator fleece reasonable and
very warm.
TO THE HUNT

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2008, 12:27:00 AM »
Cabelas has some good stuff. Fleece outfits and my current fav is microtex.
I hunt exclusively on the ground stalking, so staying warm is not really a problem.

Offline Gehrke145

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2008, 08:24:00 AM »
ASAT just ordered some and had it in 3 days!!!!!!!!!

Offline Trooper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2008, 08:26:00 AM »
I find that quiet clothing is just or more important than camo. What I mean by quiet is that you can't hear yourself draw your bow back.  

I like fleece when is cool or cold and light cotton when it's warm or hot.  As far as camo goes, I like asat or preditor; any camo that has large camo patterns.  I also like plaided shirts with the large plaids.
It's not what you kill but how you hunt...

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2008, 09:13:00 AM »
I think if I had to  make one choice of camo I would get a leafy suit and wear it over other clothing that would suit the weather. I have a ghillie that I love and gave my wife my older leafy suit. I find myself borrowing the leafy suit when she can't hunt because it works better than most camo, is light weight and as I suggested, allows me to wear weather appropriate clothing  underneath.
The best things in life....aren't things!

Offline TradPaul

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2008, 11:15:00 AM »
Thanks for all the info guys. I do have questions about the ASAT camo. Is the leafy style clothing noisy when it touches itself ? and is it easily snagged on things?

The predator camo looks pretty cool as well especially for rain wear. Very good choices guys, please if you have anymore i would like to compare them. Thanks again.

Paul

Online AlanF

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2008, 06:40:00 PM »
Paul,

I'm from Statesville, NC but currently stationed in Connecticut.  For top quality camo at very reasonable prices check out Gary at Day One Camo at  www.dayonecamouflage.com

You can do a search here and read what those who own his gear has to say.  I hope to order a set for spring and early fall soon.  Hope you find what your after.

Alan
"You uncovered your bow, you called for many arrows." Habakkuk 3:9

Offline TradPaul

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2008, 06:48:00 PM »
Alan and everyone else,

Thanks for all the suggestions, i ended up going with Dayonecamo...and in the light fleece ASAT pattern, top, bottom and head cover. After talking to Gary he led me to this conclusion and these choices with great care. So thanks again, i have finally found what i was looking for.

Paul.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©