3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Spine ouestion  (Read 175 times)

Offline daveycrockett

• Trad Bowhunter
Spine ouestion
« on: May 08, 2008, 11:06:00 PM »
?, if you have a bow tuned to aluminum that spines xxx with a point and insert weight of xx, will a wood shaft that spines xxx with a point weight equal to xx shoot the same?

Offline wtpops

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Spine ouestion
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2008, 11:19:00 PM »
Humm good ? theoretically it should, but i dont know if the dynamic spine between wood and alluminum is the same. Im sure someone on here with more between their ears than me will give you a good answer.
TGMM Family of the Bow
"OVERTHINKING" The art of creating problems that weren't even there!

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008, 11:19:00 PM »
Different shaft weight and diameter...not usually. They will be cut to different lengths too.
Isaiah 49:2...he made me a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

Offline aromakr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2008, 10:39:00 AM »
davey:
I'm sorry but spine is spine. If the shafts spine the same on the same tester and are the same length and point weight they will be fine. Just don't try to use the Easton chart for the aluminum's and a trad spine tester with the woods.
Bob
Man must "believe" in something!  I "believe" I will go hunting-----

Offline Old York

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2008, 10:51:00 AM »
David - are you asking about static spine or dynamic spine? I thought aluminium and wood do NOT damp out their oscillations at the same rate, all else considered equal i.e., static spine, mass, length, diameter, F.O.C. etc.
"We were arguing about brace-height tuning and then a fistmele broke out"

Offline daveycrockett

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2008, 01:02:00 PM »
Old York, shoot I don't know. Just went over to the old arrows by kelly spine chart where he has a list of aluminum spines spined on a wood tester. Thought maybe I could match a wood arrow this way by using point and insert weight on the aluminum.

Offline laddy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2008, 03:09:00 PM »
I have found that it is easier to be over spined with aluminum than with with wood.  In other words a bit of over spine with woods my arrows still fly pretty good, a bit over with aluminum, 2016 to 2018 for my 53# longbow, and my arrows fly like crap.  I prefer to keep my arrow length so my finger touches the broadhead at full draw.  I am not a fan of extra arrow lengths, and with that parameter I find wood is more tolerant of spine variations, there is always one that will still fly better than another out of any given bow.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©