3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: What's this?  (Read 785 times)

Offline Longcruise

• Trad Bowhunter
What's this?
« on: October 03, 2022, 05:48:46 PM »
Well,  I know WHAT it is but wondering about the maker.  It was in a box of "stuff" I recently acquired and it makes a clean straight taper.  It has an 11/32 and 23/64 fitting but no 5/16.  Would like to know where to look for the missing attachment if there is anything available.

"Every man is the creature of the age in which he lives;  very few are able to raise themselves above the ideas of the time"     Voltaire

Online David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: What's this?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2022, 06:14:42 PM »
That is a 3 Rivers "Tru Taper" tool.  One end for nock and the other for point.
The years accumulate on old friendships like tree rings, during which time a kind of unspoken care and loyalty accrue between men.

Online LookMomNoSights

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2022, 07:19:04 PM »
Yup!  Like this one…….. this things gotta be 20 years old maybe?
Used it once I believe before I learned grinding tapers is the only way to go, especially for Doug fir shafts……

Offline Longcruise

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2022, 08:18:31 PM »
Thanks gentlemen.  I have a True Taper V2 which is a good tool but this one is every bit as good.  Are they still made?  Any chance of finding parts such as a 5/16"  guide?

The 5/16 is my least used but it would still be nice to have the whole Magilla.  I like that it used standard razor blades available in any drug store.
"Every man is the creature of the age in which he lives;  very few are able to raise themselves above the ideas of the time"     Voltaire

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©