3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Hunting with the RMS grip clicker  (Read 1027 times)

Offline buckeyebowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Hunting with the RMS grip clicker
« on: October 11, 2022, 11:21:04 AM »
Anybody hunting with the RMS grip clicker? My TP was real bad this summer so I threw one on my bow, figured it couldn't hurt. I like it so far. I never could get used to having a limb mounted clicker on my bow when I was hunting. The grip clicker seems to help me at least separate my anchor from just instantly releasing. I don't always get it to click but my shots have been much more solid with it, still getting an occasional flinch, but hoping those go away with more practice.

Offline knobby

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Hunting with the RMS grip clicker
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2022, 12:34:52 PM »
I gave the grip clicker an honest try this summer.  I really wanted it to work over a limb clicker but I could never get it to consistently "go off".  When it clicked on time, the shot felt amazingly clean.  But the issue for me was the variance in my hand pressure, often dictated by degree of shot angle.  Overall, I found that my shooting went downhill due to changes in grip pressure trying to get it to click or re-set.  It's a great concept for those that get it to function better than me.  A shooting/learning session with Tom Clum might be a good idea. I'm sure it works for some.   Good luck in your efforts.

Online the rifleman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2022, 04:28:38 PM »
I used one earlier this year--- actually went through three of them.  Ultimately they began migrating on my grip and I chased them with my hand introducing torque .  I finally hung a string clicker on the bow and it's really helped.  I shot a doe last night and I honestly can't tell you if I got through the click.  I don't always get through it at 3d shoots or in " high pressure" situations, but it has really changed my shot--- collapses are all but a thing of the past.  Loved the idea of the grip clicker I just couldn't get the bugs worked out.

Online stevem

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2022, 05:37:54 PM »
Never used mine in hunting.  Tried in the backyard to get a consistent click, but was not able to get it working for me.
"What was big was not the fish, but the chance.  What was full was not the creel, but the memory" - Aldo Leopold   "Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement"- Will Rogers

Offline buckeyebowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2022, 09:08:15 PM »
I agree it is hard to get a consistent click. I had to position mine to where it wouldn't click too early and requires a lot of pulling to get it to click. The good thing is that even when it don't click im at least still pulling through the shot. Seems like the only time i get a flinch is when my mind wanders away from that keep pulling mentality.

Online BAK

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2022, 06:00:08 PM »
Does the function depend on the grip style any or it's placement?  I know the concept is sound as I have known shooters who have used similar for decades.  One even used a similar device in his mouth that he'd bite down on and release when it "clicked".   :campfire:
"May your blood trails be short and your drags all down hill."

Offline Ben Maher

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2022, 04:50:43 AM »
Been using one one my recurves since they came out .
Once I had them set up , game changing .
Love mine
" All that is gold does not glitter , not all those who wander are lost "
J.R.R TOLKIEN

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©