3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Do you like quality products and customer service?  (Read 920 times)

Offline Gdpolk

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
    • Polk Knives
Do you like quality products and customer service?
« on: October 26, 2022, 09:22:50 PM »
If you enjoy having access to quality products and customer service, make a point to support the small businesses that offer you such.  Everybody is feeling the constraints of inflation, INCLUDING those businesses and business owners.  Businesses are having a harder time finding entry level workers now than I have ever seen in my life.  If you want to see these individuals and their companies survive, do some business with them!  Find a way to support them! 

I have a small business as a knifemaker and know a LOT of craftsmen.  I and Polk Knives is here to stay, don't worry about that.  But I can tell you this, I've heard dozens of other makers, some of my materials suppliers, and even some of the managers at the local restaurants that my wife and I like to visit talk about not knowing how much longer they can hold on.  These small business owners know and recognize your faces and I can absolutely promise you that they are grateful for your support, even when they may not go out of their way to tell you so.

We have a lot of cottage industry small businesses that support our traditional archery hunting pursuits.  Please take a moment to choose one or two to throw a bone to.  Give them some love and support, even if you don't "need" something.  Maybe look for holiday gifts through them or something.  A great place to start would be from our vendors menu at the top of the Pow Wow.

Rant over.

I hope you all are having one heck of a bow season.  My freezers are filling fast and I'm looking forward to the holidays soon.
1pc and 2pc Sarrels Sierra Mountain Longbows - both 53.5lbs @ 29"

https://www.gpolkknives.com/

Online McDave

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Do you like quality products and customer service?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2022, 10:25:13 AM »
I agree with your sentiments!

I'm sure we all have regretted the passing of various businesses that were a mainstay of the 20th century.  In my case, I particularly regret the passing of local hardware stores.  I myself have been guilty of buying a cheap refrigerator at a discount box store while appreciating the assistance of knowledgeable help with 15 cents worth of hardware or a few dollars worth of electrical supplies, which is clearly not enough to keep those stores in business.

Let's do what we can to avoid seeing the same thing happen with archery related small businesses!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Technology....the knack of arranging the world so that we don't have to experience it.

Offline Gdpolk

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
    • Polk Knives
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2022, 10:35:26 AM »
Exactly!  Most of our knowledge and support are in small businesses for this industry. Small ones are what’s hurt the worst by recession times.
1pc and 2pc Sarrels Sierra Mountain Longbows - both 53.5lbs @ 29"

https://www.gpolkknives.com/

Online rastaman

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2022, 01:09:49 PM »
As i was sitting in a stand in the North Georgia mountains this past weekend, i actually took a mental inventory of my equipment and where it came from.  My bow was made by Abe Penner of Cari-bow, my string from SBD strings, my tab from Dan Toelke of Montana bows, my arrow holder on my bow from the Footed Shaft, my arrows from 3 Rivers Archery, my broadheads from  3 Rivers archery, my quiver from Riverwolf, and my knife from GDPolk knives.  All but one of these folks are sponsors here and the other one is a member here.  Until recently my primary income was from the small business that i owned.  i support each of these small businesses as much as i can!
TGMM Family of the Bow

:archer:                                               

Randy Keene
"Life is precious and so are you."  Marley Keene

Online BAK

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2022, 10:38:21 AM »
I have two, no make that three small archery businesses within a half hours drive.  I stop at them every once and awhile to see what's up.   NONE of them carry a single thing for trad archery.   I've asked, but they don't get the hint.  Far as I'm concerned if they go belly up, no loss.   :banghead:
"May your blood trails be short and your drags all down hill."

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2022, 04:09:41 PM »
My biz has slowed up dramatically . I understand tho with the price of gas and groceries , times are a bit tough . You gotta take care of family first, then the hobby stuff.
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Offline Marksman Quivers

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Premium Custom Quivers
    • MARKSMAN QUIVERS
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2022, 07:17:35 PM »
Very well said.
It’s happening all over including here in Australia. I think it passes people by sometimes how much effort, time (+time away from family)and money it takes to run a small business.

A little bit of support goes a long way.
Mark

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©