3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: They Aren't Big But.....  (Read 2555 times)

MSU

Re: They Aren't Big But.....
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2022, 12:52:39 PM »
Congratulations !

Offline 1Arrow1Kill

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Too Young to Be This Damn Old!
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2022, 01:15:54 PM »
 :clapper: :clapper:  :clapper:  Congrats to you all!
Finding it real slow in the Manistee National Forest this Fall.  Plenty of too warm days for great hunting, but sure enjoy being out here for the hunts.  Your Michigan deer kills will hopefully turn the tide for me.
I Become the Tree until I Become the Arrow.
Practice - Practice - Practice - Beer.  Works for me . . .

Online wooddamon1

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2022, 12:32:48 PM »
Congrats to you and your son, Roger!
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind..."-Fred Bear

Offline RIVERWOLF

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2022, 10:29:00 AM »
Congratulations Roger . Looks like some mighty BIG TIMES have been had my friend. For us meat hunters & meat eaters that is about as good as it gets  :clapper: 

Congratulations my friend and enjoy the many gifts given.....I suppose it was all that camo paint over those fine bows that helped seal the deal eh ;^))  Congratulations !
Arrows are the Life-Blood of a hunt........They need a safe place to be until called upon  !
Ralph"Riverwolf"Webb
>>>----------------->

Offline Roger Norris

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2022, 12:22:51 PM »
Congratulations Roger . Looks like some mighty BIG TIMES have been had my friend. For us meat hunters & meat eaters that is about as good as it gets  :clapper: 

Congratulations my friend and enjoy the many gifts given.....I suppose it was all that camo paint over those fine bows that helped seal the deal eh ;^))  Congratulations !

Krylon F :biglaugh:orever!
"Good Lord....well, your new name is Sledge."
Ron LaClair upon seeing the destruction of his new lock on the east gate

"A man that cheats in the woods will cheat anywhere"
G. Fred Asbell

Online Friend

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2022, 08:07:05 PM »
Great...I like it...
>>----> Friend <----<<

My Lands… Are Where My Dead Lie Buried.......Crazy Horse

MSU

« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2022, 07:56:35 AM »
Nice job on a very successful season.

Offline Terry Lightle

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2022, 08:03:53 PM »
When a hunter turns an arrow loose at a deer that deer is the best deer in the world at that moment,so be proud of all of them because the way we hunt means that we are really good hunters to get close enough to get it done the way we do it.Guess I am saying anything killed with a stickbow is a true trophy.
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Life Member

Online Walt Francis

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2022, 08:12:55 PM »
Congratulations on some fine critters.

You Done Good….Really Good!
The broadhead used, regardless of how sharp, is nowhere as important as being able to place it in the correct spot.

Walt Francis

Regular Member of the Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline Tom0728

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2022, 08:40:54 PM »
Glad to see canned deer! That was a childhood favorite of mine.

Offline Sam Spade

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2022, 01:14:55 PM »
It sure is nice seeing all these hunting threads.👍

Offline todd smith

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2022, 12:38:43 PM »
Well my son and son in law both killed absolute monsters yesterday. No pics because they were compound kills. Very proud of them both, and particularly of my son Danny. He doesn't really need the old man any more :biglaugh:. He scouted a state land spot within walking distance of his house, and got it done. A real bruiser of a 10 point. Honestly, it is the biggest bodied deer I have been involved with.

I was in a tree on a farm north of him when he texted "I just hit a monster!". I had 9 does in front of me at the time....but I called him anyway. The does never spooked during our entire whispered conversation. He was a little concerned about the hit being too far forward, but he had his arrow. I told him to walk back to the house and make coffee, I would be there in an hour. I dawdled and got there slowly....I HATE pushing deer too early.

When I got there we snuck in to the spot as if we were stillhunting. His nervousness about shot placement had me thinking the worst. At the impact spot, there was fat, meat, and just a drop of blood. The arrow was bloody but waxy...I really thought it was going to be a long day.

We slowly went 20 yards more, and then found a massive pool of blood. From there, it looked like someone had a spray bottle and was marking a trail. But it kept going. After awhile, Danny checked his GPS and we had gone about 100 yards from the impact site. Too far. We stopped, sat down, and started trying to burn 30 minutes so as not to push the deer. We both have a habit of glassing with binoculars while on the blood trail. So we sat there and picked apart the brush with our eyes.

We both saw it at the same time. A massive hulk of deer hide and antlers. Danny put an arrow on his bow and stalked in, but it was unnecessary. That deer had been dead for 2 hours. It was already stiffening up. Danny had made a bad shot...but it was a miraculous double lung IN FRONT of the shoulders. The body of this deer was so big it took both of us to field dress him, it was a challenge just moving him around. Dragging was a nightmare...uphill and black muck. My son is 32, tip top shape, and it was all he could do....I helped but barely. It was an awesome day!

Great story Roger!!  Congratulations to both of you!!! 
todd smith

Live wild live free

www.ToddSmithCo.com

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©