3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Aluminum arrows and long draws  (Read 710 times)

Offline Sojurn

• Trad Bowhunter
Aluminum arrows and long draws
« on: November 12, 2022, 01:09:11 PM »
I'm hunting with my grandpa's 1969 Ben pearson couger this year and really liking it. I also decided to shoot aluminums just to save some money, and I love them. 
  They tune easier, and they are so forgiving of form flaws. Not to mention because of the lower price per arrow, I don't mind shooting at small game and pests around the property (looking at you beavers).
  Here's my question for the gang, at my draw length I'm tapping my finger with the broadhead. I'd really like a long, preferably 34" aluminum shaft.
  If anyone knows of some, or of s way to get some, I'd be grateful. 
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Online M60gunner

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Aluminum arrows and long draws
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2022, 02:06:08 PM »
The only shafts that Easton has on their website that long are the X7 shafts in the large diameter size, 2315 and up. Those shafts, no components, are over a $100 a dozen.  You may find some of the old Autumn Orange shafts from the 80’s that were made that long for a few years?

Offline Missouri Bowman

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Aluminum arrows and long draws
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2022, 09:04:38 AM »
A friend of mine shoots a Korean style bow with a thumb ring and draws behind the ear. He shoots 37” inch arrows he buys online from a Chinese archery shop. So they are out there but not Eastons. That’s them sticking out past the 30 inches.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©