3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: New Guy from Ky.  (Read 1575 times)

Online Michael Guran

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: New Guy from Ky.
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2023, 07:20:18 AM »
Welcome.  The TN Pre Spring Fling and Spring Fling are coming up, and they are great opportunities to feel and shoot different bows.  It’s a long drive but worth it.   I’m about 2 hours south of you and plan to go to the Spring Fling

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2023, 08:05:44 AM »
I returned to recurves after shooting compounds for 34 years. I was shooting 60 pounds at my 26" draw. I went to 46-43 pounds at 26" for recurves. Worked out fine.

If you were anchoring the string at the corner of your mouth and intend to do the same with your recurve you draw length should be the same.  However, other things could cause a difference. Some people over draw a bit with a compound and/or use a long D-loop or release aid combination that could make the compound draw length different.

I agree with advice to shoot for 45# @ 28" draw. If you are off +- an inch with the draw you'll be shooting 48 or 42#s, your quarry won't know the difference.

Good luck.

Oh, I still shoot both types of bows. No need to give up one for the other for me.

Offline JohnnyBa

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2023, 12:00:13 PM »
Welcome aboard!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©