Author Topic: 2023 What did you do today....  (Read 68691 times)

Offline Jeff Freeman

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Just a Hobby, gotta keep it fun 🏹
Re: 2023 What did you do today....
« Reply #160 on: January 27, 2023, 10:35:45 AM »
I tested myself back in the early December twice came up positive for covid. Probably why I was knocked down hard for 3 days when normally. I'm only maybe down for a day with any sickness. I thought it was odd that I was feeling that crappy.
🦌🏹😃

Online Pat B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #161 on: January 27, 2023, 12:46:57 PM »
I did test myself for CoVid and it was negative. I had no respiratory symptoms with are usual with CoVid, a respiratory disease. That's why I think it is a variety of the flu. I have had 2 Moderna vaccines, 3 Moderna booster shots, I have gotten a flu shot(old folks version) for the last 10 or more years and both of the pneumonia vaccine shots. I ware a mask whenever I go inside a business or where people congregate and keep alcohol hand sanitizers in both vehicles and wash my hands when I get home. Apparently not even all that precaution totally prevents viruses from doing their job. I'm 72 years old. The vast majority of deaths due to CoVid are folks over 65 years old. I have never minded wearing a mask and didn't mind getting any of these shots or taking these precautions because my life and my family, friends and neighbors lives are important to me.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Online Longcruise

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #162 on: January 27, 2023, 01:54:52 PM »
My wife had it at the same time.   We both got the drive thru PRC  (or is it PCR) test at the same time.  I  was positive and she was negative.  A day later I  teste her again at home and she was positive.

We have both had three shots of Moderna but covid didn't give a hoot!   :biglaugh:

I'm 76 and healthier than I deserve to be.   She is 75 with several co morbidities.  I was done with it in five days.   She struggled with after effects for a month.   Neither of us had any respiratory effects though.

"Every man is the creature of the age in which he lives;  very few are able to raise themselves above the ideas of the time"     Voltaire

Offline Buggs

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Beware the simian swine jockey
« Reply #163 on: January 27, 2023, 02:53:40 PM »
Yikes! 

Me?   I'm more worried about getting chronic wasted disease, than covid 19!
Ooo, who, who hangs free

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #164 on: January 27, 2023, 04:46:22 PM »
Yikes! 

Me?   I'm more worried about getting chronic wasted disease, than covid 19!

Ah chit, stop and think about how many times ya been wasted:)

:laughing:

Online Longcruise

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #165 on: January 27, 2023, 05:43:01 PM »
Theres always CWA (Chronic Wasters Anonymous)
"Every man is the creature of the age in which he lives;  very few are able to raise themselves above the ideas of the time"     Voltaire

Online Kirkll

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #166 on: January 28, 2023, 10:40:10 AM »
My wife had it at the same time.   We both got the drive thru PRC  (or is it PCR) test at the same time.  I  was positive and she was negative.  A day later I  teste her again at home and she was positive.

We have both had three shots of Moderna but covid didn't give a hoot!   :biglaugh:

I'm 76 and healthier than I deserve to be.   She is 75 with several co morbidities.  I was done with it in five days.   She struggled with after effects for a month.   Neither of us had any respiratory effects though.

Both my wife and I got sicker than a dog in January right before the big Covid announcement was made…. We always wondered if if that was Covid or not that we had. What ever it was it was bad enough to put us both in bed for a week….. but…..we haven’t been sick since…. (Crossing fingers and toes…)

We’ve had all the shots and boosters since then. But now they say we need another one???  I’m no so sure I want anymore of that crap in my system.

Big Foot Bows
Traditional Archery
[email protected]
http://bigfootbows.com/b/bows/

Offline Crooked Stic

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #167 on: January 28, 2023, 09:31:07 PM »
I recently finished a give away bow. To be given away at KY. Tradfest this year.It is 60 in. 43@ 28. If anyone would like chances PM me. There will be two bows one is a Herway. All chances will be in the same pot so you could win one or the other. The Herway is 66 [email protected] will try to get pics of it soon.

High on Archery.

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #168 on: January 29, 2023, 05:57:15 AM »
Very nice, Mike.

Offline Crooked Stic

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #169 on: January 29, 2023, 07:27:56 AM »
Thx Roy
High on Archery.

Offline Buggs

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Beware the simian swine jockey
« Reply #170 on: January 29, 2023, 07:59:40 AM »
Great looking bow :thumbsup:    The Maple and Walnut look real good together.

Thats one hell of a nice giveaway, good on you!
Ooo, who, who hangs free

Online Kirkll

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #171 on: January 30, 2023, 09:55:15 PM »
handsome looking bow Mike... Someone will be pleased with that i'm sure. :thumbsup:   Are they doing a raffle?   I did that at Baltimore a couple times.    Kirk
Big Foot Bows
Traditional Archery
[email protected]
http://bigfootbows.com/b/bows/

Offline Crooked Stic

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #172 on: January 30, 2023, 10:20:46 PM »
yeah a raffle and the proceeds go to KY. high school archery program.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2023, 09:07:12 AM by Crooked Stic »
High on Archery.

Offline Buemaker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #173 on: February 02, 2023, 10:45:14 AM »
Making a new DR glass. Riser us Bocote with a Jatoba I beam. Limbs are edge grain Elm, had some with greenish stripes. Uni Weft and Bjorn clear glass.

Online Longcruise

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #174 on: February 02, 2023, 02:04:20 PM »
Bue, where do you put your uniweft?

Offline Buemaker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #175 on: February 02, 2023, 04:24:06 PM »
I put it going up the ramps on the belly of riser with a tapered wood lam and glass outside that. On back of riser is two parallel wood lams and glass.

Online Bryan Adolphe

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #176 on: February 03, 2023, 02:06:36 PM »
Well, the first bow I built, which was definitely a great learning process but the Tiller got away from me so in a bit of frustration lol I hung it on the wall .I was pretty proud of myself. I took it off the wall after giving up and thought the only way to learn is to getatter , It was 3/4 of an inch out of tiller, I did eventually get it to even tiller lost a bit of weight but I now have a bow that shoots pretty damn good then I built this 58 inch same design , thank you Kenny .I never have liked the looks of thumb rests, but I do like the feel in the grip so I played around with this idea to try and make it blend In a little better. Gonna tweak it next time but I think it turned out ok i used the site window cut out so the laminations look like they flow through the thumb rest. The bow shoots real nice they’re both ready for finish. I didn’t really want to build strings right now but north of the border They want $50 a string so I decided I better learn and built myself a jig. And now working on my first take down long bow riser black walnut with a figured maple I-beam, and a simple maple wenge accent stripe. Lol I flipped all these pictures 360 and they still came out sideways sorry!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2023, 02:11:44 PM by Canstikem »

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #177 on: February 03, 2023, 03:03:36 PM »
Very nice...

Online onetone

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #178 on: February 03, 2023, 04:49:29 PM »
I like that sculptural riser - very nice  :thumbsup: