Author Topic: 2023 What did you do today....  (Read 68456 times)

Online onetone

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 2023 What did you do today....
« Reply #320 on: March 22, 2023, 03:12:42 PM »
Nice bow! Wild figure in that riser!  :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: March 22, 2023, 03:58:40 PM by onetone »

Offline Jeff Freeman

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Just a Hobby, gotta keep it fun 🏹
« Reply #321 on: March 22, 2023, 03:16:33 PM »
Hand picked Black and White Ebony. I beam, B and W and Magassar Ebony. I'm loving it 😀 JF
🦌🏹😃

Online Kirkll

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #322 on: March 22, 2023, 03:34:39 PM »
Where are you coming up with black and white ebony?  That stuff is hard to find, and damn expensive.   kirk
Big Foot Bows
Traditional Archery
[email protected]
http://bigfootbows.com/b/bows/

Offline Jeff Freeman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #323 on: March 22, 2023, 03:43:47 PM »
I got it from Big Jim a year and a half ago. He shared some of his private stock. I was looking for Wild and Jim came through. It was expensive 🫰. Well worth it to me. This is the most exotic expensive Longbow I've built. Because of the B and W ebony. JF
🦌🏹😃

Offline Jeff Freeman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #324 on: March 22, 2023, 03:48:06 PM »
68" 44#
1.56 physical weight. Very steady after the shot. Most of mine weigh in at 1.15 to 1.25
I was wanting heavier riser, with out going with G10 or Phenolic. It worked out great. JF

🦌🏹😃

Online wood carver 2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #325 on: March 22, 2023, 04:14:50 PM »
It’s a beauty!
Dave.
" Vegetarian" another word for bad hunter.

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #326 on: March 22, 2023, 08:38:24 PM »
This was a couple days ago but I didn't wanna jinx it.

Got the MRI and doc couldn't find anything so had me show him exactly where it hurt.  He thought it was the sacroiliac  joint. Said we could try a steroid shot and if it didn't help that would eliminate one thing. 

Since it has hurt for over 2 years I was ready, so I said set it up. An hour later I was getting a needle in lower back. I'm not gonna lie, it hurt.

So far so good, hoping it continues to be good!!

Worked in shop today without hurtin...
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Offline Jeff Freeman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #327 on: March 22, 2023, 09:50:13 PM »
I really hope that helps you Kenny 👍🏼
🦌🏹😃

Offline Jeff Freeman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #328 on: March 22, 2023, 09:54:18 PM »
I just looked it up Kenny, sounds very painful 😣
🦌🏹😃

Online Bryan Adolphe

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #329 on: March 23, 2023, 12:33:43 AM »
Good luck with that Kenny I do hope it works for you it can do wonders.... I took two injections two weeks ago into my L4&5 facet joints with little improvements . 😔 Keep on keepin on  :thumbsup:

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #330 on: March 23, 2023, 07:39:39 AM »
Thanks guys , so far it’s great , hard to believe !!
Stay sharp, Kenny.

Online Mad Max

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #331 on: March 23, 2023, 07:57:12 AM »
Thanks guys , so far it’s great , hard to believe !!

Awesome  :thumbsup:
I would rather fail at something above my means, than to succeed at something  beneath my means  
}}}}===============>>

Offline Minnesota Bill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #332 on: March 23, 2023, 08:28:41 PM »
Kenny, I have had problems with my lower back for the past 3 years. I had the shot into the L4/L5 area. First shot lasted 4 months, second one 6 months, then they seamed to be less effective. The 1 got last July lasted 4 days. Saw a surgeon in August and found I was full of arthritis in-between L4, L5 and S1. This was pinching nerves that ran through my right hip, knee and ankle. I could not stand for more than 5 minutes without my hip hurting so bad I had to sit. Pain went away in hip but then my right ankle would start hurting. This would latter subside. Funny thing my middle 3 toes were always numb occasionally tingling when the hip was hurting. I had surgery scheduled for October  but my A1C was too high. Worked on the diabetes and got it down. Surgery set for November but got really ill the day before surgery.  Rescheduled for late December but during the pre -op found I had a-fib. Had to see a cardiologist before surgery.  I got the surgery on January 26th. After a couple of painful weeks of taking it easy the back is great. I can stand for hours and no pain walking. They scraped the arthritis out and there is only a small 3 inch scar. After not hunting at all last fall I am looking forward to spring turkey hunting.  I have a friend who had 1 shot 4 years ago and his back is still good. Good luck with your back.

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #333 on: March 23, 2023, 08:56:39 PM »
Dang, Bill, mine wasn't nearly the ordeal you had. Xray and mri looked fine so he suggested the sacroiliac joint might be the prob. Said we could give it a steroid shot and see, I said lets go!  2 hours later we were on the way home and I could tell a difference just sitting in car.

3 days later still no pain, I'm elated!!

Steroid made my blood sugar raise, but doc told me that up front.
Stay sharp, Kenny.

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #334 on: March 24, 2023, 09:38:21 AM »
That's great Kenny, hope it stays well.
I had one of those shots for the lower back but did not help at all.

Online Crooked Stic

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #335 on: March 24, 2023, 10:05:49 AM »
Had a back doc tell me about 5 years ago I needed non invasive surgery to remove anther against a nerve. Had symptoms of pain down right leg toe tingling and felt at times I had a golf ball in my shoe at my heel. I decided to to try a chiropractor and got it manageable pain wise but not perfect. Have had the shots in both shoulders and they only last for about six weeks.  It's the Golden years   :biglaugh:
« Last Edit: March 24, 2023, 10:11:18 AM by Crooked Stic »
High on Archery.

Online Pat B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #336 on: March 24, 2023, 11:07:58 AM »
I've had back problems for over 30 years and it is a bulging disc between L4 and L5, I believe like most folks that work for a living. The last big episode I had took me 3 months to get over and about a month into it sciatica kicked in. The sciatica was the worst pain I've ever had in my life. When it first went out was the year we started building our house here in Brevard. We were living in Bluffton, SC then and Marcia came to the mountains to get the ball rolling with road building, well drilling, foundation excavation, etc, etc, etc. At the time my doctor sent me to an orthopedic surgeon and you guessed it he said I should have an MRI then surgery, without even laying a hand on me. When I told him we didn't have good insurance he said that physical therapy would do. Thank goodness I had bad insurance. Physical therapy and Yoga exercises did the trick. I occasionally get a twinge in my lower back. When that happens I take a few days off, lay on the couch with a heating pad and/or ice and take a few ibuprofen. That usually does the trick.
 I've heard too many horror stories of folks that got surgery so I've stayed away from that.  :thumbsup:
Glad you are doing better, Kenny.

Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #337 on: March 24, 2023, 11:32:49 AM »
First thing I told doc was I didn’t want cut on …
Stay sharp, Kenny.

Online Pat B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #338 on: March 24, 2023, 01:11:07 PM »
 :thumbsup:  That would be absolutely the last thing I'd do if then even.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Online Bryan Adolphe

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #339 on: March 24, 2023, 02:02:54 PM »
 Well guys I don’t know what to tell you when the pain started in my left leg nine months ago while I was at work 35 years self-employed carpenter it  got so bad 16 hours of screaming I ended up in the hospital shooting Dilaudid 26 days I spent there they gave me the option surgery or Physio and let the body heal itself I was scared shitless of surgery so of course I opted to let mother nature take its course I work  hard at it since then after 7 1/2 months I thought things were coming along then out of nowhere I don’t know what happened but for the last five weeks it’s gotten much worse my MRI nine months ago showed  herniated disc between L4 L5 spondylolysis which is a little bit of a shift in those two vertebrae’s might’ve happened when the herniation happened and a bit of narrowing of the openings where the nerves come through I believe it’s called stenosis well now it’s been nine months and I’m bedridden .  Nerve pain down both legs now and excruciating low back pain if I stand more than 15 to 20 minutes so I lay in bed eating painkillers trying to keep myself sane thank God for my wonderful wife  and my bird dog . :pray:  i’ve literally tried everything that they have to offer in the city I live in I don’t have $150,000 to go out of the country I do have a well renowned surgeon I’m sorry to say it is hard to trust anybody these days but I can’t keep on living like I am now  so waiting for the call for surgery not sure when it’s coming .  So to all of you out there with back problems they didn’t tell us this shit when we decided to be a  tradesmen  I do wish nothing but the best for all of you . On a positive note I received my bow from Abe Penner ( Cari-bow) the other day  I had ordered it before I got hurt  it is simply stunning the workmanship that man does is incredible I’m blessed  i’ll post a couple pictures when I get around to it take care of my friends have an absolutely beautiful day . Bryan

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©