3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: *** ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS ***  (Read 1470 times)

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
*** ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS ***
« on: January 11, 2023, 05:18:33 PM »
That have not posted yet......

Stop being bashful and chime in!!! We want to hear from ALL of you.  :readit:

Seriously, tell us a story, introduce yourself, post a kill pic, tell us a 'how to', anything, just jump in!!!  :campfire:

Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Monte71

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: *** ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS ***
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2023, 06:18:51 PM »
Hello Terry and the rest at TG! New to Traditional Archery but not hunting. Put down the compound and started shooting a Bear Recurve at 58inches at#45 lbs. So far for the last 2 months I've been teaching myself with books YT and just shooting. I have a gazillion questions but im thankful for a place like this. No one I know shoots Traditional. Unfortunately I live on the very outside of Philadelphia and hope to meet others near or close to shoot with or have knowledge of others with the same interest. Thanks Trad Gang. Glad I'm here.

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2023, 07:45:45 PM »
Welcome to trad gang.

I'm pretty sure there are some archery clubs in your area with trad guys also.

Maybe someone will chime in that knows where they are.

http://www.wapitiarcherspa.com/

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2023, 08:53:26 PM »
Great Monte71, welcome and ask away, that's what we're hear for.

Wish I could put together a new trad hunter hunt for those of you that want a lot of shot opportunities, aka 'target rich' hunt. Javies come to mind.  :jumper: :jumper: :jumper:

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Online evgb127

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2023, 09:41:03 PM »
Welcome. I used to live in Philly and was a member of Wapiti Archery. It’s a great club. There were also a lot of trad shooters at B&A Archery.  I suggest joining the  Pennsylvania Longbow Association as they host a lot of great shoots in your area. 
-EVG

Online Smguinnip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2023, 07:22:36 AM »
I am new to Trad Gang but not really new to trad hunting/shooting, i have been dabbling with trad for a few years now. i have got some animals under my belt, a couple of turkey and few deer, plenty of rabbit and squirrel and even a javelina, but it wasn't until i was able to harvest a DIY bull elk this past year that i considered myself a true "Trad" hunter. I have started making my own flemish strings this past year and now i am anxiously waiting on my shipment from Kennym to try my hand at bow building. i guess that you could say that my addiction is growing.
caught between:If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it and can’t leave well enough alone.

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2023, 07:25:09 AM »
You will not find a better man than KennyM to deal with.

Offline George Tsoukalas

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2023, 10:08:19 AM »
Welcome to all the new members. That is so awesome. Thanks for joining us.
I have a few animals under my belt too. I need to push myself away from the table more often. :)
Jawge

Offline Foggy_bottom

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2023, 12:19:54 PM »
I've been on trad gang for a few months now and I've been shooting recurve now for almost 3 months. I just went to my first 3D shoot at a local shop and it was AWESOME! I can't wait to go again. I've been looking into making my own Flemish twist string because I have some free time. I've been rabbit hunting with my bow now twice, o boy rabbits are tuff. Any tips for rabbit hunting with no dog would be greatly appreciated. Have a great day everybody.  :wavey:

Offline ssoden

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2023, 09:30:14 AM »
Terry Thanks for reaching out to the new members  :shaka:

Welcome new members, I've been at this for over 25years, still learning, still struggle at times but having a site like this is a great place to help with both. Enjoy!

Offline charles m

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2023, 08:45:12 PM »
Yes, new guys n gals chime in by all means!!!

And Welcome!!!

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2023, 10:01:20 AM »
Great thanks guys!

But we need to hear from more.... and in the general forum beyond this post.

Welcome again! As more have joined up since I posted this.  :campfire:

Offline JohnnyBa

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2023, 08:16:19 PM »
Hey there Gang O’ Trad peeps! Having put in 22+ years in USAF, then 16 more at LMCO supporting same weapons systems, I hung up the boots and and uniform and retired here in the northern most mountains of Ga. Covid brought about lots of time at home and I built electric guitars, go figure, but anyway, mid ‘22 I got the itch to shoot trad bows again. Jumped in and got twisted by YT, learned a heck of a lot on YT, twisted, learnt, twisted, learnt, you get the picture. Can’t blame just YT as I jumped hard and have become a lover of the recurve, have too many and can’t be consistent enough to shoot one until all bugs are worked out. In all honesty, at almost 62, the bugs I work out get replaced by tougher bugs. Anyway, love building my arrows, playing with weights and lengths of bows. Right now my sweet spot is a 60” recurve, sorry, but all my bows, but one, is a foreign special, current fave being a Satori knock off at 45#’s. Love reading and learning and have questions galore, y’all may have to limit my inputs, lol. Glad to meet you all!

Offline Maclean

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2023, 09:12:30 PM »
I am new to Trad Gang but not really new to trad hunting/shooting, i have been dabbling with trad for a few years now. i have got some animals under my belt, a couple of turkey and few deer, plenty of rabbit and squirrel and even a javelina, but it wasn't until i was able to harvest a DIY bull elk this past year that i considered myself a true "Trad" hunter. I have started making my own flemish strings this past year and now i am anxiously waiting on my shipment from Kennym to try my hand at bow building. i guess that you could say that my addiction is growing.

There's just something about elk that changes everything.

Welcome aboard!
Toelke Chinook 58" 52@28
Toelke Pika 54" 50@28
Toelke Whip 64" 42@28
Java Man Elkheart Magnum 52" 48@28
Centaur Longbow 60" 50@28
Black Widow PL III 62" 53@28

Idaho Traditional Bowhunters
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Backcountry Hunters and Anglers

Offline 5deer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2023, 07:20:15 AM »
   love  elk     :archer2:
I've  seen  things  you  people  wouldn't  believe

"Have faith in God"  Mark  11:22

Offline bridgedout

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2023, 07:44:57 AM »
Picked up archery at 7 years old in Boy Scouts and a family friend gifted my first bow & arrows. Hunted with a compound for a bit but decided to ditch my heavy Mathews compound after seeing Byron Ferguson shoot in person in 2010. I'm usually content browsing through the wealth of knowledge here rather than posting. Very sorry to hear of Arne Moe's passing. He was always so helpful to me over the years with any shooting questions and a gifted teacher.  -Adam

Offline charlie chocks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2023, 10:07:16 AM »
Hello Terry and the rest at TG! New to Traditional Archery but not hunting. Put down the compound and started shooting a Bear Recurve at 58inches at#45 lbs. So far for the last 2 months I've been teaching myself with books YT and just shooting. I have a gazillion questions but im thankful for a place like this. No one I know shoots Traditional. Unfortunately I live on the very outside of Philadelphia and hope to meet others near or close to shoot with or have knowledge of others with the same interest. Thanks Trad Gang. Glad I'm here.

Being outside of Philly, you're not terribly far from the Baltimore Bowmen Traditional Classic. It's held in mid-May (5/18-5/21 this year) just north of the Baltimore Beltway (I-695). Here's a link to the event: 

https://www.baltimorebowmen.com/traditional-classic

Lots of vendors, good food and plenty of friendly folks to shoot with, even if you attend by yourself.
Christian Bowhunter's of America -  Life Member
Maryland Traditional Bowhunters
Cumberland Bowhunters
NRA - Life Member

Offline Monte71

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2023, 11:08:40 AM »
Charlie, thank you so much. Definitely be thier. Much appreciated bud.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©