3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: New Damon Howatt  (Read 1464 times)

Offline toddster

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
New Damon Howatt
« on: January 28, 2023, 02:14:17 PM »
Hello all, I have seen the new brochure and facebook site for the new Damon Howatt bows, of course have not had any close to try and shoot them.  Has any of you other string pluckers had a chance to get a real feel for them?

Offline Hud

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • 360-921-5779
Re: New Damon Howatt
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2023, 02:39:52 PM »
There has been talk and pictures about the Hunter, Mamba and others, but no proof of one being shot.

According to Mel Johnson in an article he wrote about the #1 Whitetail he killed, he used a Mamba.

https://damonhowatt.com/
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Alexander Traditional

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2023, 03:40:28 PM »
They have some great looking bows. The start of this thread got me to looking at their website. I came across this new video they have. Looks like they have a young ceo,that has taken them away from Martin archery.

Online Tim Reese

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Cut it out
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2023, 05:03:48 PM »
I sure wish them luck! I had a dream catcher way back in the day for a short time and I still think it was one of the best looking bows I’ve ever had. Should have kept it!!!
66” Northern Mist Superior
68” Howard Hill cheetah

Online mjh

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2023, 07:35:07 PM »
If I could find a Damon Howatt Hunter in Purple Heart at 40lbs give or take I'd likely snatch it right up.

Such a Hunter in 55lbs was my only bow for a very long time.

If fresh leadership can produce and sell a quality product I'd say that's a good thing for Traditional Bowhunting  :archer2:

Offline GCook

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2023, 07:44:42 PM »
My "plywood" Mambda is a great bow for what I have in it.  But for the original $800 price tag I wouldn't think it was worth it.
I can afford to shoot most any bow I like.  And I like Primal Tech bows.

Offline JR Chambers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2023, 09:00:22 PM »
I believe they recommend not using a FF string but I could be wrong. Not that it matters. That would not be a deal breaker for me but for some it might.

Offline wildgame

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2023, 11:42:19 PM »
I shot them at the ata show. The older models all felt and looked good. They had a new one they were still working on that felt and shot good. Had a couple youth bows also. Didn't get to meet the new owner but his wife was there super nice lady to talk to, seemed excited to have the company!
"go afield with good attitude,and with respect for the wildlife you hunt, and the forest and fields in which you walk" -Fred Bear

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©