3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Lets see your 2022-2023 season "Bear Archery" equipment Kill's/Harvest >>----->  (Read 1786 times)

Online Kelly

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Thanks for joining in Billy & Randy ....
Fine animals taken with your Bear Bows ....Congratulations !! :clapper:

Kelly asked..."""Riverwolf, what/how do you use those “weighted “ Razorheads?""

Kelly,
I use standard Bear SS Razorheads (mostly in 2 blade setup) , and utilizing 3 Rivers threaded Aluminum inserts ....I then add threaded weights to get my needed nose weight . This years setup called for 175 gr  nose weight for my 29.5" Easton 2018's....for a total weight of   584 grs out of my 53# Montana Longbow.........My 50#-55# Montana's almost  always end-game between 550gr--600gr  total arrow weight. Good medicine for me.  Good speed-cast-punch out of a VERY QUIET Longbow ! I normally  fine tune the same basic setup yr to yr  using nose weight . Changing string types/counts, shelf material , silencers , etc...dictates what I need . It  "usually" falls into the above  total arrow weight range.....

This setup NEVER lets me down , and keeps me well fed   :campfire:

Hope that  answers your question my friend........
Pardon me for being dumb but does one need a special insert and how does it work? Do you put the threaded weight in the insert beofre palcin in the shaft?
>>>>============>

Enjoy the flight of an arrow amongst Mother Nature's Glory!

Once one opens the mind to the plausible, the unbelievable becomes possible!

>>>>============>

Yours for better bowhunting, Kelly

Online kopfjaeger

• Trad Bowhunter
Ralph, I killed a nice 10-point in 2021 with my Frankenbow.  This year (2023) I'll be hunting with my new to me 1980s factory camo Bear Kodiak Takedown (pictured). I do love my Bear bows.  :bigsmyl:
HE made me into a polished arrow & concealed me in HIS quiver. Isaiah 49:2

Online Tim Reese

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Cut it out
Cool thread idea. Love seeing Bear archery equipment in use pics!

Gun, the thought of using a mouth release is so impressive and proof of how much you love archery!! Very cool sir  :notworthy:

It’s also impressive seeing these “affordable” old bows still getting it done.

66” Northern Mist Superior
68” Howard Hill cheetah

Offline RIVERWOLF

• Trad Bowhunter
Yes Sir Mr. Tim..BIG Thank you to everyone for chiming in . Also to those just enjoying the pictures & thread.....
Bear archery is a Fine company  with a LOT of fine history as well ! .....

Good stuff Frank ....I'm sure you will do just fine with that Kodiak TD ! Best of luck !

Kelly,
"" does one need a special insert and how does it work? Do you put the threaded weight in the insert beofre palcin in the shaft?""

Hey Kelly , and no dumb questions my friend !!  The standard aluminum inserts do not come with a threaded back-side to except most weight system weights....Though you can easily tap most to do so....OR   , do like I do and buy 100ct of aluminum inserts to fit your particular aluminum shaft size. Most of the most common size aluminum have these threaded inserts available for them . To these you can either purchase weight systems or use cheap metal screws cut to length/weight as needed ;)

Both will get-er-done !

I know 3 Rivers sales them , and I'm sure a few others archery  retailers  do as well . 

Best with your quest my friend .

Any additional info needed , just drop me a pm. More than Happy to help any way I can....Thank you for the questions. Never think that any question is dumb my friend . Good to see folks involved /responding to the conversations  !  :clapper: :campfire:
Arrows are the Life-Blood of a hunt........They need a safe place to be until called upon  !
Ralph"Riverwolf"Webb
>>>----------------->

Offline RIVERWOLF

• Trad Bowhunter
Jeez...haven't been on-line , and being one whom normally avoids the News most days  :saywhat: . Just heard that Bear archery had a small contained fire in the press room . Good to hear NO-ONE WAS HURT ! 

Our best that way , and hope everything gets back up and running soon for the Company ,  employees , and  customers ......
Arrows are the Life-Blood of a hunt........They need a safe place to be until called upon  !
Ralph"Riverwolf"Webb
>>>----------------->

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©