3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Lets see your 2022-2023 season "Bear Archery" equipment Kill's/Harvest >>----->  (Read 1785 times)

Offline RIVERWOLF

• Trad Bowhunter
Now that (for most of us) one season has come to an end (2022-2023), I thought it would be fun for us Bear Archery  equipment users to post up some pictures ....maybe a list of what equipment from Bear archery you utilized this past season...Bow-arrows-broadheads, etc....and some field pics of that usage ;^)

Should be fun ......

I'll get it stared.........
  on Oct. 8th 8:18 am took a nice doe at about 17-18 yrds ....Doe walking .....shot Tight of the shoulder , excellent pentetration......she went maybe 35 yrds as a Crow flies. nice and peaceful. 

Equipment:
2016  53#@28....Brown Montana Longbow named "Rose"
Easton 2018 tipped  with a weighted Bear SS Razorhead (two blade ) on the business end.....carried in my Alpha quiver..

Razorhead was still "Razor status" after the kill ......

« Last Edit: February 06, 2023, 07:04:38 PM by RIVERWOLF »
Arrows are the Life-Blood of a hunt........They need a safe place to be until called upon  !
Ralph"Riverwolf"Webb
>>>----------------->

Offline RIVERWOLF

• Trad Bowhunter
2nd up

Nov. 1st little after 6pm....Nice healthy Buck tending a doe....

about a 8-9 yard shot.  Shot tight of the shoulder....Excellent (complete) penetration ...Buck down in sight.  Quick and peaceful....

*Equipmet the same as my Doe...

2016  53#@28....Brown Montana Longbow named "Rose"
Easton 2018 tipped  with a weighted Bear SS Razorhead (two blade ) on the business end.....carried in my Alpha quiver..

Razorhead was still "Razor status" after the kill ......

Didn't get any good field pics , so these were in the yard after a good wash down ....

« Last Edit: February 06, 2023, 06:59:47 PM by RIVERWOLF »
Arrows are the Life-Blood of a hunt........They need a safe place to be until called upon  !
Ralph"Riverwolf"Webb
>>>----------------->

Offline RIVERWOLF

• Trad Bowhunter
...still hope to get after a rabbit , but if not...ground griz & stumps till fall.....

I'm already dreaming of next season  ...."doodle daydreams ";)

So lets see some pictures of other Bowhunters that used Bear Archery equipment during the 2022=2023 season ....

:campfire:
« Last Edit: February 07, 2023, 08:22:15 AM by RIVERWOLF »
Ralph"Riverwolf"Webb
>>>----------------->

Online supernaut

• Trad Bowhunter
Great thread Ralph, thanks for starting it!

Congrats on 2 beautiful deer with your trusty Montana.

I was able to kill this doe at 7 am on my season opener, September 17th. She was 15 yards broadside, walking. My 1916 Easton tipped with a 125 grain Magnus Stinger passed right through both lungs and she went 30 yards and died. The bow is my Bear Grizzly 50# @ 28" about 46# at my draw length. I picked this bow up fairly cheap on the big auction site last year and gave it a refinish job. It's wearing a Great  Northern quiver my good friend Frank (kopfjaeger here) gifted me.

Coincidentally I fell and tore my rotator cuff the next day, September 18th  :banghead:. I was still able to shoot my bow and hunt through November but never got a shot at a buck. I had surgery January 11th so I'm hoping to be shooting again by summer to be ready for this coming season.  :pray:

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's Bear success stories from this past season!  :campfire:
« Last Edit: February 07, 2023, 07:02:54 AM by supernaut »
Prayer changes things.

If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough.

Offline RIVERWOLF

• Trad Bowhunter
Beautiful Doe & Bow Jim !

Sorry to hear of your shoulder injury, and needing surgery .Hope you have a quick -complete-full recovery my friend.....

Those Ol' Grizzlies (and New one's ;)get-er -done for a Lot of bowhunters .

Congratulations on a Fine doe  :clapper: , and best your way brother .. :campfire:
Ralph"Riverwolf"Webb
>>>----------------->

Online supernaut

• Trad Bowhunter
Thanks Ralph my friend. I have a bit of a row to hoe with the shoulder but everyday is one closer to shooting and hunting again.   :shaka:

There really is something special about hunting with an old Bear bow in my opinion.  :archer:

Prayer changes things.

Online Gun

• Trad Bowhunter
Ok. I'm a Takedown fan. I think I've posted these before but....

Mulie taken the day the Queen died. Coyotes got to him before I did.

Bull called in to 20 feet and killed at 15 yds on September 19th.  Double lung, went 45 paces and fell over.

Both using a Bear Mag "B" Riser w 48# Number 1 limbs pulling 40# with my teeth.
200 gr VPA three blade on the Mulie
190 gr Cutthroat single bevel on the Moose

It's really simple. Just don't take those borderline shots. Tomorrow is another day.

Offline RIVERWOLF

• Trad Bowhunter
Beautiful animals Gun !

Sorry you lost that Muley ....
I've only had yote's get to one of my deer over the years. I made a good shot, that didn't look Great...so I backed out and waited at my truck for 1.5 hrs...turns out I didn't need to , as the doe feel maybe 20 yards from last sight...In that short amount of time a yote claimed a few chunks of a hind quarter...this wolf was pissed to say the least.  I'm glad I didn't wait any longer or it would have likely been a wash with the meat. It's just nature being effective...my first  emotion was that of  when someone  has taken something of mine   .....The yote just reminded me of the rules of the wild   :readit:

*40#'s gets er done for Gun ...way to go my friend!   Mooz are amazing animals to witness afield in the wild.  I "Hope" I get a chance to hunt them before I'm done.   Now killing one with a Recurve with your teeth is just showing off !  :biglaugh:

Thank you for sharing  Gun .  Amazing animals . Congratulations ! :clapper:
« Last Edit: February 07, 2023, 08:10:38 AM by RIVERWOLF »
Ralph"Riverwolf"Webb
>>>----------------->

Online supernaut

• Trad Bowhunter
Beautiful animals Gun!

I've followed your posts and really admire you for not giving up on hunting with your recurve. I even shared your story with my surgeon and physical therapist when they went over recovery time and my goals with me. I'm still less than a month post-op and all my ranges of motion are past my benchmarks. I'll keep pushing as much as I'm allowed in hopes of shooting by summer. Thanks for the inspiration and I hope your recovery is going great!  :shaka:
Prayer changes things.

Offline 5deer

• Trad Bowhunter
I've  seen  things  you  people  wouldn't  believe

"Have faith in God"  Mark  11:22

Offline RIVERWOLF

• Trad Bowhunter
...now I know we have more members who hunted and made meat using Bear Archery equipment  during the 2022-2023 season....... :campfire:
Ralph"Riverwolf"Webb
>>>----------------->

Offline BillyJack1975

• Trad Bowhunter
I only took my Bear Kodiak takedown out a couple times this year. I discovered I’m more of a longbow guy now and I used longbows most of this hunting season.  Took this doe on 1/3/23 with my Anniversary A riser and 50#, no.1 limbs (56”)
GT traditional 500s and a 200 gr Grizzly single bevel broadhead.

Online mnbwhtr

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
The first deer of the year, Bear T/D "A" riser #2 limbs 52@28. Shot from ground blind next to bean field, complete penetration she ran about 50 yards in a circle and dropped. 

Online Kelly

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Riverwolf, what/how do you use those “weighted “ Razorheads?
>>>>============>

Enjoy the flight of an arrow amongst Mother Nature's Glory!

Once one opens the mind to the plausible, the unbelievable becomes possible!

>>>>============>

Yours for better bowhunting, Kelly

Offline RIVERWOLF

• Trad Bowhunter
Thanks for joining in Billy & Randy ....
Fine animals taken with your Bear Bows ....Congratulations !! :clapper:

Kelly asked..."""Riverwolf, what/how do you use those “weighted “ Razorheads?""

Kelly,
I use standard Bear SS Razorheads (mostly in 2 blade setup) , and utilizing 3 Rivers threaded Aluminum inserts ....I then add threaded weights to get my needed nose weight . This years setup called for 175 gr  nose weight for my 29.5" Easton 2018's....for a total weight of   584 grs out of my 53# Montana Longbow.........My 50#-55# Montana's almost  always end-game between 550gr--600gr  total arrow weight. Good medicine for me.  Good speed-cast-punch out of a VERY QUIET Longbow ! I normally  fine tune the same basic setup yr to yr  using nose weight . Changing string types/counts, shelf material , silencers , etc...dictates what I need . It  "usually" falls into the above  total arrow weight range.....

This setup NEVER lets me down , and keeps me well fed   :campfire:

Hope that  answers your question my friend........
Ralph"Riverwolf"Webb
>>>----------------->

Online arrow30

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
i completely refinished my 1969/ 56" 53#@28  grizzly last year, and ended up using it all season 22-23. with treesharks.
  i killed three deer with it.  two were on a management hunt, one was on christmas day.

first doe was sraight down under me.
 second doe was about 5 yds.
  buck was 20 yds.

original register date- jan. 2010

Offline RIVERWOLF

• Trad Bowhunter
That is "AWESOME" Bryant !!!! :clapper: :clapper: :clapper:

Those OL' Griz sure do get-er-done for a lot of Bowhunters . I have a 1959 62" Griz . Love that bow. Bought it a few yrs back from a nice gent . . Took a Nice Buck my first day out with that bow....On her "60th" anniversary (1959-2019;^)   The bow performed flawlessly ....That was a mighty special morning .

Thank you for sharing , and taking us along on your very special 2022-2023 Bear archery season my friend ! :clapper:
Ralph"Riverwolf"Webb
>>>----------------->

Offline RIVERWOLF

• Trad Bowhunter
....It's Good to see / hear from folks that really enjoy hunting with simple -affordable products. Even with MANY years on them(the bows not the hunters :saywhat:) still getting er done......

Nice to share Good light on a Great company ........We all could practice doing that a little more eh ;^)  :campfire:

keep them coming......
Ralph"Riverwolf"Webb
>>>----------------->

Online supernaut

• Trad Bowhunter
Yes sir, love seeing those Bear bows doing what they were made to do!

Keep em' coming.

:campfire:
Prayer changes things.

Offline RIVERWOLF

• Trad Bowhunter
..Excellent Frank ! 
I couldn't recall this year if you were using Your "Frank'en Bow " ;)

I know the Bear Archery bows and equipment have treated you VERY well over these many years also my friend....

For those that might not know...kopfjaeer (Frank) has a pretty vast knowledge of all things Bear Archery  ontop of being a damn fine shot using them as well  :readit:

Excellent Buck Frank , and I know this past year was a testing time for you as well .

Congratulations on a fine animal my friend ! :clapper: :campfire:
Ralph"Riverwolf"Webb
>>>----------------->

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©