3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: What are your favorite pieces of hunting clothing?  (Read 4244 times)

Offline Wilderlife

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: What are your favorite pieces of hunting clothing?
« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2023, 03:07:57 PM »
I really like some of the Swazi garments at the moment. their forest pants are fantastic for our cooler weather hunts. They're mostly waterproof so you can bash through brush in them OK but they are also fairly stretchy so you can hike in them without your legs and joints fatiguing as much. They also released a jumper last year called the Cairnsman which has quickly become my favourite garment of all time. It's made of merino wool, has a hood, tight cuffs around your wrists, and is lined with possum wool so it's soft. I wore it for a week straight on a backpack hunt last year and then wore it out to dinner and various other places while on holiday for a week with my wife and my parents.

Offline RIVERWOLF

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2023, 03:24:31 PM »
Good stuff Dylan !
I have been looking for a good warm weather light flexable pant for roving and early season on this side of the pond;)

I've been looking at the Carhartt rugged flex steel cargo pants....

anyone try these ?
Arrows are the Life-Blood of a hunt........They need a safe place to be until called upon  !
Ralph"Riverwolf"Webb
>>>----------------->

Online supernaut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2023, 06:47:19 PM »
I've not tried the Carharts yet Ralph.

I got turned onto the Wrangler ATG pants last year and wear the heck out of them. Very durable and comfy, zippered pockets, reasonably priced at Wallyworld $30 but you can get them on sale sometimes. They are earth tones.

I even got a pair in black for when the wife wants to step out fancy and requires more than jeans from me.
Prayer changes things.

If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough.

Offline RIVERWOLF

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2023, 07:05:44 PM »
Thanks Jim ....
I haven't looked at those wrangler's yet. Are they mostly of cotton ?  I did look at some wrangler riggs. They were like 97-98% cotton. I was looking for something like ripstop in water repellent and fast drying ,  light& airy ;)
For the warmer months.....I do like you and ain't against shorts....but man do the nettles rip ya a new one in these parts ....err sting ya a new one I should say.... :biglaugh:

The Carhartts have a nice  look & feel to them . Might save the pennies up and get a pair...on sale ... :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:
Arrows are the Life-Blood of a hunt........They need a safe place to be until called upon  !
Ralph"Riverwolf"Webb
>>>----------------->

Online Ryan Rothhaar

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2023, 07:39:00 PM »
The wrangler atgs are nylon, fairly stretchy, and they are lightweight. I wear them everyday for work. Wore them as my lighter pants in AK last fall. I'd wear them out west hunting in the right situation. They don't work for me here in the Midwest for deer. They snag on thorns and the little beggars lice cling to them too tightly. I prefer cotton for early season around here. No briars or burrs the atgs are great.

My favorite single hunting garment is a green lambswool quarter zip sweater I got in France while visiting my wife's family. The sweaters were in a French version of like a Burlington coat factory for around 20 bucks. I bought myself an olive green one and a brown one for my buddy in MT.  Both are worn out after 15 years and I could never find them again. Should have bought a half dozen! I've killed a truckload of critters while wearing that old sweater!

R

Offline RIVERWOLF

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2023, 07:54:11 PM »
Thank ya for the input Ryan...I'll have to check those wrangler ATG'S out as you and Jim have recommended !

Nylon blends are pretty tough stuff in general....I hunt Ohio mostly(looking to change that somewhat;),so I get the thorn-beggars lice issues '')

I also wear cotton early and summer....but early morning roves/hunts-damp conditions and cotton loses it's thrill  real quick for me... ;^))

Thanks for the input gentlemen !

Ralph"Riverwolf"Webb
>>>----------------->

Offline RIVERWOLF

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2023, 08:00:35 PM »
Just checked..looks like Wrangler makes a 97% cotton version and a Nylon version ;)
Ralph"Riverwolf"Webb
>>>----------------->

Online Smguinnip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: February 18, 2023, 08:07:07 PM »
Dew rag and a worn out turtle neck work for me
caught between:If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it and can’t leave well enough alone.

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2023, 09:07:53 PM »
Ryan, do you have a pic with that sweater in it?
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline BillyJack1975

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: February 18, 2023, 11:42:48 PM »
Cabelas Berber jacket outfitter camo.

Online Ryan Rothhaar

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2023, 06:58:10 AM »
Here you go, Terry, a couple that were handy with the sweater on the outside.  Usually it's underneath something else.

R

Online Gun

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2023, 05:13:18 PM »
I have a either Llama or Alpaca wool sweater that is so warm I can eliminate 2-3 layers. A old hunting buddy gave it to me after he outgrew it. I've lost 20# over the last year and a half so its big on me now. Need to find someone to unravel and knit me a medium. :bigsmyl:
It's really simple. Just don't take those borderline shots. Tomorrow is another day.

Online imbowhunt10

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2023, 12:19:52 PM »
Catquiver 1. Have used it for years and years. Arrow fletching well protected, and works great when walking thru the corn fields. I hang it on a hook when I get to my treestand, no quiver on the bow for me.
Never measure the mountain until you have reached the top, then you will see how low it is.

Offline DoubleJ1929

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2023, 04:37:27 PM »
A couple must haves for me..  Hand muff and vest.  The hand muff serves so many purposes I usually have it on when its not even that cold.
Normally not big on the name brand stuff but did discover the AFTCO Reaper hoodie this season.  The wind stop and built in neck gator are amazing.
Morrison Dakota  58" 56@28  
Bob Lee Signature  60"  56@28
 Bear Super Grizzly  58"  50@28  
Robertson Falcon Vision  60"   61@27

Online Tim Reese

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Cut it out
« Reply #54 on: February 20, 2023, 07:06:51 PM »
I have a old green wool military button up shirt I wear a lot. And a fleece reversible crusher hat. I do love my day one cowboy suede pullover and pants. Can wear all year with layers or not. Boots now don’t get me started. Lol. I have so many pairs it’s really not funny but bean boots for early to mid season and schnee and kentrek pac boots for late fall through winter. Also lacrosse burley’s for swamps. Same with vests. Have way to many but always have one just depends on temps what kind I have under my cowboy sued pullover
66” Northern Mist Superior
68” Howard Hill cheetah

Offline Elsecaller

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: February 20, 2023, 07:48:29 PM »
I've not tried the Carharts yet Ralph.

I got turned onto the Wrangler ATG pants last year and wear the heck out of them. Very durable and comfy, zippered pockets, reasonably priced at Wallyworld $30 but you can get them on sale sometimes. They are earth tones.

I even got a pair in black for when the wife wants to step out fancy and requires more than jeans from me.

Those ATG's are fairly quiet?

Online supernaut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: February 21, 2023, 07:39:39 AM »
Elsecaller, yes the ATG'S are very quiet in my opinion.
Prayer changes things.

If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough.

Offline Elsecaller

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: February 21, 2023, 07:50:14 PM »
Just bought a pair in the sea turtle color....I think they could use some help in the color name game, but excited to try them out.

Offline Overspined

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: February 22, 2023, 08:53:44 AM »
Things I wouldn’t do without:

KOM bowman, Two tracks wool hat, FL zip off long underwear, Grumman puffy, woolpower tops, smartwool socks, arctic shield boot covers, muff

Offline Elsecaller

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: February 22, 2023, 11:21:08 AM »
Things I wouldn’t do without:

KOM bowman, Two tracks wool hat, FL zip off long underwear, Grumman puffy, woolpower tops, smartwool socks, arctic shield boot covers, muff

Ditto on the Grumman and Woolpower!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©