3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bear hunt along! Warning: explicite photos of bait -w pics and vid THE FINALLE!!  (Read 4662 times)

Online PV

• Trad Bowhunter
You have learned well grasshopper...  :)

Offline Benny Nganabbarru

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Is it Sunday evening in Utah yet? It is here!   :wavey:  

Lookin' forward to your story!   :campfire:
TGMM - Family of the Bow

Offline Firstarrow

• Trad Bowhunter
Nearly 6:00 am in Utah ...
Being first, making a mark and being part of
something great!
Rich

May you keep the wind to your nose, have the patience of Job, and have your Firstarrow fly true.

Offline Hattrick

• Trad Bowhunter
He most of got one!!!! Hes acting like my brother does   :cool:
Bull

Offline BowHuntingFool

• Trad Bowhunter
Waiting patiently.......
>>>---Joe Bzura---->

Big River Longbow 66" 52# @ 28"
Big River Longbow 66" 47# @ 28"
Big River Longbow 62" 52# @ 28"
Big River Recurve 60" 48# @ 28"
NewWood Longbow 58" 45# @ 28"

Wisconsin Traditional Archers
      Ojibwa Bowhunters

Offline Nate Fikkert

• Trad Bowhunter
OK, now its evening here.  Come on Ryan!

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
Nate,  can't you just go over to his place and FORCE him onto the computer???    :knothead:  

I'm betting there is a nice cinnamon skin at the end of this story...

Offline Nate Fikkert

• Trad Bowhunter
Steve,

It is a bit too far to drive, but I was thinking of calling him and making him tell me the story.

Offline Froggy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
it's sunday evening on my calendar...... come on now.  :pray:
TGMM  >>>>---------> Family of the bow

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Oh, thank YOU, Nate!  :knothead:
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline lt-m-grow

• Trad Bowhunter
ok ok it is sunday nite.  you're killing us.

Offline steadman

• Trad Bowhunter
Sorry! It was a LONG day. So pease hang with me for one more night.
I will say that Mon day, I sat in my stand for 14 hours, in the rain. Only to have a nice brown colored come in. Only at 30 yards it stopped, looked at me then turned away. What a bummer.
Tues I went in early and moved my stand, back to where Dad and Nate sat. I then moved my bait closer. It worked. The spooky cinamon came in right to the new bait. I drew got to full draw, was about to drop the string, and again she blew out of there! I was ticked. Then she came back to the old bait and hung out for 10 minutes or so. In my rush to move stands I forgot to trim some branches, so no shot. What a great night.
I will tell you about Wed- Sat tomorrow. I will also post a lot of pics.
" Just concentrate and don't freak out next time" my son Tyler(age 7) giving advise after watching me miss a big mulie.

Offline lt-m-grow

• Trad Bowhunter
I love this story

Offline bbassi

• Trad Bowhunter
OK, you better be fleshing a bear hide! Come on already. I leave for my first bear hunt in a couple of days and I need a fix!  :)
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt.

Offline steadman

• Trad Bowhunter
Alright, let's keep goin on this. Here is a pic of where I moved my bait to.

This is a pic of the creek I crossed every time up. Now mind you, it was about a foot higher than this when I fell in.

So on Wed I head up to find this across the creek. I was MAD to say the least. People are so ignorant. I know there are people like this everywhere, but this state seems to have more than it's fair share.

I knew this wasn't going to be a good night, but with only a couple days left, I had to try. On my way up to the bait. Now this is the same dumb bird that was behind my truck a few weeks ago. I can't believe she's not dead. She hung around while I chaged boots, then followed me for a hundred yards or so. What a dumb bird!!

" Just concentrate and don't freak out next time" my son Tyler(age 7) giving advise after watching me miss a big mulie.

Offline steadman

• Trad Bowhunter
So I was right. Nothing!! I took the trail camera card, and this is what I found. Pretty skinny bear isn't it.

So I was mad and depressed. I had 3 days left and hounds had been on my bait. Well I kept at it, but on thurs and fri. Nothing! Needless to say I was pretty bummed. I had one more day and hounds had run bears off my bait the last three days. Now it's illegal to do this. But if they did it knowingly it would be hard to prove. I was so bummed I thought about sitting somewhere else and doing a burn. I was so frustrated. I didn't know what to do, and I wished I had registered another bait.

Offline BMOELLER

• Trad Bowhunter
Excuse my bear hunting ignorance, but what is a burn?
2009 Kansas State ASA Traditional Champion

Offline steadman

• Trad Bowhunter
A burn is where I would put pork scraps or bacon, or marshmellows with jello and cook it til it smokes. The smoke then drifts around and lures those bruins in to the food.

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

:pray:

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
MAN What a rollercoaster! Hope it went the right direction from here. Hiked 2 1/2 hours elkhuntin once,sat down for a minute to rest and 2 motorbikes went by at 100 yds,makes ya wanna cry!
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©