3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bear hunt along! Warning: explicite photos of bait -w pics and vid THE FINALLE!!  (Read 4660 times)

Offline tradtusker

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
this is great, iv always had an interest to see this done, im excited for you! thanks for sharing   :thumbsup:
There is more to the Hunt.. then the Horns

**TGMM Family of the Bow**

Andy Ivy

Offline Brian Krebs

• Trad Bowhunter
I am wondering if the first bear and the second are the same bear... it looks like its shedding its winter coat. The first bear looks like it has some serious scars on its face; I can't see the second bears face well enough to tell.
 I am playing chess with a bear right now too.
THE VOICES HAVEN'T BOTHERED ME SINCE I STARTED POKING THEM WITH A Q-TIP.

Offline MWhitehair

• Trad Bowhunter
Thank you for sharing, I feel like Im out there with ya!

Best of luck, Keep us updated!
Matt Whitehair
"'Traditional Archer' is not a term to be taken lightly. It demands respect for ethics, high standards, and an overall, instinctive love for the sport."
-Jim Chinn

Offline Dan Chamberlain

• Trad Bowhunter
If you don't shoot soon...I'm going to pee my pants!

Dan

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
Excellent...I have now learned another new thing!  I'll get buzzed whenever I need to look here for the hero shots!  Thanks.

Offline steadman

• Trad Bowhunter
Sorry I'm draggin this out, but it hasn't come together just yet. So Tues I take half a day off (much to the dislike of the boss) and get to the bait ealry about 2. The baits cleaned again, so I drop more, this time some meat and pastries, and do some more burns. I get settled into the stand about 3:30. I wait, and wait, and wait some more. Nothing all night! I was alittle bummed, but knew this would happen sooner or later. I headed back home to check out the trail cam pics. Look what was there.

Notice the time. Man that was a kick in the gut.But that's hunting. Here's a couple more pics of bears. The one is the one Nathan and I saw last Fri.

" Just concentrate and don't freak out next time" my son Tyler(age 7) giving advise after watching me miss a big mulie.

Offline steadman

• Trad Bowhunter
You might be right Brian. I do have three cinnamons on this bait. One that is rubbed on the shooulder, one that's coat is still flawless, and one that has real dark head and legs(middle pic above).
Well I just got back from putting more bait out. They loved the meat. I have more and more pics of them during daylight hours. This has gotten me a bit more excited. I am hoping to get back out hunting on Tues. This time they are in for a suprise. I moved my stand to the other sidr of the canyon, and left the one I've been sitting. If the flawless cinnamon comes in and stops to survey the situation out. It will be time to pick a spot and drop the string.Here's some more pics, I had one in there this morning before I got there. This is the flawless coat.

This looks like a different bear, and jugging by the ears, a little better bear.

Here is the same chocolate that has been there since day one.
" Just concentrate and don't freak out next time" my son Tyler(age 7) giving advise after watching me miss a big mulie.

Offline steadman

• Trad Bowhunter
Oops here's the pic

Offline KYArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
Great thread, I'm certainly enjoying it!
                                   KY

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
Those angles make those bears look pretty GOOD!  Very cool!  Most guys hunt forever to see a chocolate and you are over run with them   :D

Offline MYSTIKBOW

• Trad Bowhunter
Man that one with the flawless coat (5/17/08-06:25AM)  is absolutely GORGEOUS! IMO .Given the oppertunity I'd drop the string on that one in a heart beat.
I reckon so

Offline steadman

• Trad Bowhunter
I'll be honest with you guys. I'm gonna drop the string on anything, as long as there are no cubs(those sows are illegal). Hope to getthe chance next week. Stay Tuned........

Offline Nate Fikkert

• Trad Bowhunter
Ryan,

Keep at it man, seems like they are hitting when you need them to hit, now you just have to be there!  

Nathan

Offline Chris EdS

• Trad Bowhunter
I was in the thick of the action and now I 'm left hanging!  I'll be back for more.

Chris

Offline Ted Fry

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
Go get em Ryan

Offline mikecc

• Trad Bowhunter
Finally checked out your thread here after talking to you. Looks exciting. Those are good bears for the area. You'll be hard pressed to find much bigger. After talking to my brother and friend today about running hounds up there I think you should shoot that one with the nice coat. My friend Jared has been bear hunting with hounds up there for years and hasn't caught anything much bigger than your seeing. Almost all the bears we caught in that drainage were cinnamon or brown, I can only remember 2 black phase bears. Good luck, Mike

Offline Woodduck

• Trad Bowhunter
Great story/hunt.
I've never had a chance to do that here...but I've always wanted a bear skin rug.

Good luck!  :archer:
Happy trails....   ('till we meet again, Dale Evans Rogers)
>>>--a kindred spirit--->     (got that from Fred Anderson)

North Carolina Bowhunters Association

Offline steadman

• Trad Bowhunter
New bears on the bait. One is a toad!

Plus this new one. I hope this one shows up in the light. Definetly a beautiful bear.

Offline Apex Predator

• Trad Bowhunter
That middle one is 350# +!!!
I didn't claw my way to the top of the food chain to eat vegetables!

Offline Nate Fikkert

• Trad Bowhunter
Come ON!  That is a big bear Ryan.  When is the next chance you have to sit the baits?

Nathan

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©