3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bear hunt along! Warning: explicite photos of bait -w pics and vid THE FINALLE!!  (Read 4661 times)

Offline just_a_hunter

• Corporate Sponsor
  • Trad Bowhunter
HOLY CRAP!

Even the blond bears ears are on the round of his head instead of on top, with pretty good distance between them.

That top one isn't a bear. Somebody packed a VW up there and is trying to play tricks on you.

The times aren't that far apart from each other. It's obviouse the black one kicked the blond one off the bait.

This will truely be interesting to see what unfolds.

Todd
"Before you get down on yourself  because you don't have the things you want, think of all the things you DON'T want that you don't have."

You'll notice the "luckiest" elk hunters have worn out boots.

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
This is a great thread, the outcome is secondary to the great story so far, but I have a hunch it will turn out good   :thumbsup:
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline Firstarrow

• Trad Bowhunter
Thanks for posting steadman, sounds like you & Nate have had fun anyway.

can't wait to hear the rest
Being first, making a mark and being part of
something great!
Rich

May you keep the wind to your nose, have the patience of Job, and have your Firstarrow fly true.

Offline Coldfingers

• Trad Bowhunter
Explains why some of the other bears are a mite "edgy"

Dontcha just love toting a bucket-o-bait into the site knowing what your customers look like?

Try banging the bucket a bit when you replentish the buffet...won't be long and they'll come a runnin like hogs to the trough at feeding time.

Enjoying this alot.

Scotty
Porquipines are peacefull creatures, but God still saw fit to give them quills.

Offline JoeM

• Trad Bowhunter
"...there are no words that can tell the hidden spirit of the wilderness, that can reveal its mystery, its melancholy, and its charm."  Teddy Roosevelt

Offline Bullhound

• Trad Bowhunter
Man, I'm glad I found this thread!!!!!

Those last couple bears are nice!!!!!!!

get back on that bait &   :pray:    :pray:
get close & shoot straight ----->

Offline Bill Tell

• Trad Bowhunter
Man who cares about the new Indiana Jones movie.  This is way better.  I will say a hunt prayer for you and try to get a little mojo working for you.  Keep going man with all of this good working karma you have payed your dues and it will happen.
"I'm going to find my direction magnetically. " Eddie Vedder

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Ryan,this is great!! Best of luck to ya!!
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Offline steadman

• Trad Bowhunter
Thanks Bill I needed that. I need all the prayers I can get right now. Well I took bait up last night to find that the run off is in full swing. The river was up about a foot. No problem, I'm 6' 4" and can still cross it. I go to a different spot where I thought it was shallow. Well first step, up past my knee, and I go flying into the river, with forty lbs of cookies on my back. OH CRAP!! I get up, then stumble again and go down on all fours. I stumble out of the river, my Dad's eyes are as big a saucers, then I proceed to laugh my guts out. My Dad says he ain't goin in. I tell him I'm already wet. This time I go a different route and all is well. Go up , drop a little bait off, and head back down. The crossing back over was uneventful, but now my Dad is freaked out, and doesn't want me to cross anymore. At least til the river goes down.
So now I have a dilemma. I have a friend who shot his bear last weekend, and said I could register his in my name (you can have 2 registered bait sites). But dang it, I've put in a TON of work to get these bears in. What to do? I have a ball game to go to tonoght. And have to work late tommorow. Man I'm gettin a little depressed. But I need to stay after it. I'm excited to see those two bears, and either one would be a dream come true. Thanks again for following along. Look for another episode soon. Til then......
" Just concentrate and don't freak out next time" my son Tyler(age 7) giving advise after watching me miss a big mulie.

Offline MYSTIKBOW

• Trad Bowhunter
Keep at it Ryan. You have some beauties coming in to your bait (especially those last two ) and it will be just a matter of time now.
I reckon so

Offline hill boy

• Trad Bowhunter
Thats what hip boots are for.You have done the hard part it's time to reap the rewards.  :thumbsup:  Get your but up there and kill a bear.  :campfire:  Good luck!
Your best shot is only as good as your next one!

Offline fxe

• Trad Bowhunter
I'd be in chest waders if I had to!Bring us back that trophy pic.Thaks for sharing.

Offline MountainTool21

• Trad Bowhunter
Awesome my friend. good on you and the boys

Offline steadman

• Trad Bowhunter
Alright guys. time to stop whining. In all hunts, things are bound to go wrong, or not your way.I think that getting discouraged is part of this wonderful way of life I call hunting, but giving up is not an option. I will be back up there if I have to hike from the bridge (5 miles or so) I am going to stick with my bait, I've invested too much time and effort. I will be back up there thurs night, fri, sat, and mon. Even with a terrible forcast, my hopes have risen. Thanks to a wonderful wife, an awesome friend, and you great folks, it's time to quit the poor pity me, and start hunting again. Thanks again to this great site, and the great people on it. Look for more pics on Fri if not sooner. THANKS!!
Now time to get off my butt and go kill a bear! (thanks hill boy)
" Just concentrate and don't freak out next time" my son Tyler(age 7) giving advise after watching me miss a big mulie.

Offline BUFF

• Trad Bowhunter
good luck

Offline John3

• Trad Bowhunter
The more "work" involved the sweeter it is!

Bears are just too cool. By far my favorite animal to hunt.

Focus, pick a hair to hit and good luck.
Let us know.

John III
"There is no excellence in Archery without great labor".  Maurice Thompson 1879

Professional Bowhunters Society--Regular Member
United Bowhunters of Missouri
Compton Life Member #333

Offline bowhunterfrompast

• Trad Bowhunter
Just found this thread. WOW. Thanks for sharing, it's great. Never bear hunted but feel like I'm there with ya. Looking forward to seeing one of those bruisers laying on the ground and that big ear to ear grin on your face.
Rick Wakeman
UBM Lifetime Member
American Broadhead Collectors Club

Offline Nate Fikkert

• Trad Bowhunter
Ryan,

As I read my way through I was hoping you wouldn't give up on that bait, but looks like you came around before I got to the end.  I agree, they make hip boots, and even waders for that stuff.  Just use a wading staff and a pack and you will be fine.  You have worked for those bears, keep on it!

Nathan

Offline KSdan

• Trad Bowhunter
We are cheering you on.  One thought. . . is there a place to tie a rope across the river?  Good locator, hand rail, and safe.
If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat? ~anon

Bears can attack people- although fewer people have been killed by bears than in all WWI and WWII combined.

Offline Apex Predator

• Trad Bowhunter
I think that monster black one is going to eat your camera!
I didn't claw my way to the top of the food chain to eat vegetables!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©