3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Super glue for fletching  (Read 1929 times)

Offline RIVERWOLF

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Super glue for fletching
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2023, 07:28:57 PM »
Hey Tom
I take it the SG is the thicker Green cap ?

Myself , I prefer the blue cap SG....Kinda confused on which one you were talking about ? Several types , and I think some are brush on ..some are thicker gel =Gorilla green cap.  I get along fine with the nozzle head that comes with the bottle. Just enough to WET the quill lightly.  I kinda move along quickly zigzagging;)

I just don't like the gel.  Never tried a brush or switching the bottle.  IF you could get that system with a bottle/mini brush like women use for nails I would think it would be good ., but likely the brush would soil well before getting through several arrows ? 

I did a few wood arrows a year or so back and finished them with waterbased polycrilic as well...The Gorilla held just fine for me on the wood shafts without wraps...so You are likely good to go.
That Gorilla blue is GOOD STUFF ;)
Arrows are the Life-Blood of a hunt........They need a safe place to be until called upon  !
Ralph"Riverwolf"Webb
>>>----------------->

Online M60gunner

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2023, 09:38:54 PM »
I am using the stuff in that picture above. Today I refletched a couple old 2514 AO shafts with no wrap, just bare metal. I will try them out Monday at our indoor range. I want to use them for a league shoot.

Online Kirkll

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2023, 09:36:33 AM »
That blue cap gorilla CA is good stuff.  :thumbsup: That’s all I used for doing my tip overlays for many years, as well as fletching. But… I could not purchase the stuff in the large bottle size anywhere. I even contacted the manufacturer….  I use this stuff a lot building bows.

Then I was introduced to Star brand which I can buy in 16 oz bottles with smaller bottles included for refilling and they provide those smaller needle tips too.  It comes in 3 different viscosities too……Haven’t looked back since.   Kirk
Big Foot Bows
Traditional Archery
[email protected]
http://bigfootbows.com/b/bows/

Offline RIVERWOLF

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2023, 03:20:47 PM »
Thanks for sharing that info Kirk .

Never heard of Star before.....Though the XL Gorilla blue cap last me plenty long (or I buy 2;)...If ever I start needing larger quantities I will for sure check it out ! :campfire:

Arrows are the Life-Blood of a hunt........They need a safe place to be until called upon  !
Ralph"Riverwolf"Webb
>>>----------------->

Offline Tom0728

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2023, 06:55:33 PM »
I used superglue. But I switched to fletch tape. I didnt like having to wear a respirator with superglue.

Offline the rifleman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2023, 07:55:54 PM »
Bluecap Gorilla superglue is all I use.  Never have feather come off on carbons and like Ralph I've fished one or two out of the grass or leaves a year or two later and bases were still very well attached to the wraps.  Just recently began using it on wood w polyurethane.  Used for nocks and feathers it works great so far.

Offline JamieR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2023, 08:25:11 PM »
Another vote for blue cap super glue. Works great on wraps with feathers or vanes.  I kept having trad vanes fall off using fletchtite. They stick great with gorilla super glue.

Offline RIVERWOLF

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2023, 09:37:14 PM »
I don't know if anyone already mentioned it, but I also use the Blue Cap Gorilla for glue on nocks as well .
Works great ! :campfire:
Ralph"Riverwolf"Webb
>>>----------------->

Offline rustyspike

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2023, 05:44:28 AM »
What I found works for me. Fletch tape with super glue on both sides of the fletch or any type of adhesive. Got to get enough on to cover the end of the fletch. So it is like a little ramp.

When using tape make sure you run your thumb nail on the edge of the tape to make sure you have good contact.

My only problem with super glue is the tubes dry out.

Rich K.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2023, 05:50:24 AM by rustyspike »

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©