3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Tusker broadheads?  (Read 209 times)

Offline New to Traditional

• Trad Bowhunter
Tusker broadheads?
« on: May 11, 2008, 07:34:00 PM »
Anybody have a lot of experience with these heads.They look pretty sturdy and I imagine my KME sharpener would do a fine job of putting an edge them.

Thanks,  :goldtooth:  
Ethan
Dont shoot feather light arras,shoot railroad ties.

Offline Benny Nganabbarru

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Tusker broadheads?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2008, 09:38:00 PM »
I've only killed a young buffalo and now a sow with one (got her yesterday - See Highlights 2008). Leave the little 100 grain Spirits alone, but the rest, well, take your pick. They work well, but, like others, do sometimes curl with the needle point, so snip a mm or two off, and you'll be right.
TGMM - Family of the Bow

Offline Sharpster

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2008, 05:00:00 AM »
How's it going Ethan,

Very well made broadheads!

John was kind enough to send me a few of his Tuskers to check out. I realy like the Aztecs, Javelins, and Deltas. The Concords are very nice too but like Ben says, you might want to tanto or cut the tips back a bit. I'm pretty sure that the blades of all the Tuskers have been beefed up to 0.50 too.  I'm sure you'll like them.

Ron
“We choose to do these things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard” — JFK

www.kmesharp.com

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Chris Surtees

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2008, 07:49:00 AM »
I have used all the Tusker heads in the past minus the Spirits and can say they worked great.

Not sure if they still come unsharpened but when I used them that is how they came and it took and little while to get an edge on them. Once I did get a edge they held up nicely and where easy to resharpen.

Put a few of them through hogs, deer, and some small game with not to many issues. Did have a tip curl but fixed that easily by squaring off the tips a little.

I think you will like them.

Offline New to Traditional

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2008, 01:51:00 PM »
Thanks all.I'm always wanting try different heads out so I think I'll try out the Aztecs or deltas.

P.S.Sharpster you'll have a PM soon.

Thanks,
Ethan
Dont shoot feather light arras,shoot railroad ties.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©