3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Stalker Wolverine FXT help  (Read 568 times)

Offline Fireman2019

• Trad Bowhunter
Stalker Wolverine FXT help
« on: February 21, 2023, 04:29:38 PM »
Ordered a Wolverine FXT a bit ago. I went 62” limbs and that comes with the 18” riser. The sight cutout is 4 1/2”. I wavered between the 60” limbs and 16” riser with a 3 1/2” cut out. I can still change my order for a while. Just looking for any reasons to go with the 60” vs 62”. Any advantages to go with the shorter bow and riser?
Craig
Stalker Wolverine FXT 50@28”
English Walnut and Cocobolo
Black Widow PCHx 51@28"
Zircote and Tiger Myrtle

Offline acedoc

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Stalker Wolverine FXT help
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2023, 06:40:28 AM »
A shorter bow with a smaller riser will be easier to tote and manoeuvre. The shorter riser is also used to increase working limbs. I have only longer 64-66 inch bows and someone who owns a short bow will certainly chime in.
You need to be cognisant of the string angle which again depending on bow and limb design may lead to finger pinch.

Really your bowyer is your best guide for this unless you know what you are really after- these guys do know their stuff.
Toelke SS recurve
Toelke Whip
Sky Wildfire ilf with foam carbon xxl limbs

Offline Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2023, 11:42:41 AM »
Depends on your draw length and how you shoot your bow.  If you have a 28-inch or shorter draw, might want to go with the 60-inch bow.  If your draw length is longer than 28 inches, a 62-inch bow will be more comfortable.  If you shoot your bow vertically, might want to go to the 62-inch bow for the longer sight window.  A 3 1/2 sight window may blot out part of your target, depending on where you anchor.

Otherwise, there really won't be much difference between the bows in draw smoothness or performance. I doubt you would notice a maneuverability difference, but there would be a weight difference due to the different riser lengths.  Some like the additional stability a heavier riser provides.  Others don't like the additional weight.  I agree with Ace.  God idea to talk it over with South.

Offline Fireman2019

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2023, 01:31:22 PM »
I spoke with him yesterday. I think I figured out what he was telling me. The 62 inch bow uses the same limbs as the 60, the riser on on the 60” is just 2 inches shorter. So I called a bit ago and switched to the 60” bow with the 16.5 riser.
Craig
Stalker Wolverine FXT 50@28”
English Walnut and Cocobolo
Black Widow PCHx 51@28"
Zircote and Tiger Myrtle

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©