3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Shooting is not for girls.  (Read 1741 times)

Offline olderndirt

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Shooting is not for girls.
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2008, 01:12:00 PM »
You might not want to explain to this "little girl" why girls can't shoot ...

I'm not lost ... I'm exploring alternative destinations

Offline Paul/KS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2008, 03:42:00 PM »
Great post as usual Killdeer. Couple Mojams ago there were some great pictures of my ,then, 5 year old daughter shooting her hedge bow that I made her. She's since outgrown that one but she'll be at Mojam again this year shooting something else. Sure wish we could get Killy west of the Mississippi so she can meet and inspire the kids out here...and some of us "adults" too.

Offline Sandman808

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2008, 03:53:00 PM »
Good string.
I have taught many young men and women to shoot but one of the memporable students was one of the boys mothers, 4 years ago.  She took to archery faster than her son and I had her grouping nicely by the end of the first day.  When I asked if she wanted to try the Rifle she said "not enough challenge with a gun".  She is a school teacher and continues to shoot a recurve till today.
Aloha
Steven
I can't change the way it started, But I can change the way it ends

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2008, 05:36:00 PM »
Wow! Matt's daughter is having the childhood I wish I could have had! No guns in my family, I had to move away from home before I could buy a BB gun. I don't know why I was allowed a bow, especially at nine, and with no guidance. Guess they thought it was a toy, and they sure weren't going to buy me the suit of armor that I saw at the toy store. Dang I wanted that!!   :D    I credit my mom with getting me the bow, and as time goes on I understand that she knew me better than I will ever know myself. She bought me another when I was thirteen, and yet another when I was fifteen. I hope she can see where I have gone in the twenty-five years since she died.

As far as inspiration goes, you have no idea how my heart swells up and my whole spirit glows when I look upon all these wonderful daughters and mothers, walking the old trails in the old ways, and partaking of the mysterious gifts of life and death, of creation and the eternal circle that are laid out for us wherever we allow the Maker's works to stand. Without it, I would be dead inside.

Killdeer
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Online Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2008, 06:12:00 PM »
Killdeer,  In your first post I saw the pic of a fella from my neck of the woods with his girl and wife ( I hope it's his wife cause I aint met her yet) but the guy is Steve Kendrot and a super cool Dad to this little girl....I shot with them a few weeks ago and this girl is very good with her bow...Steve and I have a lot in commen and it was funny to see this post because I have a 28 month old adopted daughter sitting in my lap holding an old hickery bow that I am getting ready to make a string for and she is already saying "buck" and pointing the bow at the ones on the wall...Her name is Ande named after my grandma Edna....We flipped the name around....I look at Steve and his daughter who I believe is Ally or Alexandria and can't wait to have pics shooting with my daughter one day...They are a good team and I enjoy shooting with them when they're at our range at Tuckahoe....Now I gotta get a little back quiver,arm gaurd,glove and some arrows made for Ande and she will be set to shoot...Is 28 months to soon?  Heck she already is sayin "Buck" God Bless, Keefers <")))><

Offline sendero25

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2008, 06:35:00 PM »
"Not for Girls"? She should meet my fragile little 5'3" 110lb wife, maybe not, she might get a punch in the solar plexus. My wife was a Marine and Army Military Police officer and she hunts with bow and firearm. Strange girl, she liked the move "300" as well as "Ghost". She wears a dress but also likes camo with her snake boots.
Thanks for the thread Killdeer, she'll love to read this when she gets home from visiting her mom this week,
John
"I'm not very smart but I can lift heavy things"

"I'm not as smart as I look"

quotes by my good friend Clay Miller from Valentine, TX

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2008, 06:46:00 PM »
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2008, 07:23:00 PM »
That is one terrific pic, Jim!

So, THAT'S Steve Kendrot? I was bumming around with Bernie and saw this cool family. I asked for a pic and they graciously allowed it. They represented to me what the Baltimore shoot is all about. Hope to see them AND YOU there this weekend, Keefer! And no, 28 months is not too young. Take pics.
Killdeer  :bigsmyl:
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Jay Campbell, JD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2008, 08:04:00 PM »
No Girlz Allowed!  :-) Pic of Karen Campbell, my wife, practicing with her 70# Adcock for her water buffalo last summer. Took it with one arrow.

- Jay Campbell, JD

Offline 42WLA

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2008, 09:16:00 PM »
Here is my four year old, Helen. She has been to two 3-D shoots with me so far this year.

Dave Thomas
VP, Rockfish Bowhunters Club

Offline R.W.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2008, 10:05:00 PM »
My sis-in-law shoots recurve and compound. Hunts birds, deer, etc. Trains dogs, fixes the house (Thank God she can, cause her husband can't!   :D )
and all the rest.
The "frail girl" crap don't stand a chance around a woman who doesn't accept that idiot statement!

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2008, 10:27:00 PM »
Aw Killy.. Everyone knows girls can't shoot !

:bigsmyl:  

OK.. I'm teasing..  Jay. don't let Karen hurt me...  

I made a bow for a young lady last summer who, if you told her she couldn't do it, would do it AND BEAT YOU at it just to show you she could..

I am betting if she ever gets the chance, she will carry out just as much elk as I could, again.. cause she can.

ChuckC

Offline SKYLER W

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2008, 11:26:00 PM »
Miss Chloe Beth Wilson...My wife said She doesn't stand a chance.  :)    :)    :)  She's 17 months old and THE Boss! Just ask Skyler...
TGMM Family of the Bow

Speak softly and carry a Big Stick; You will go far.

Offline thp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: May 13, 2008, 02:05:00 AM »
Jay, that is one strong wife you have!  70 pounds!  Wow!

Killy, wonder if you'd consider doing an arrow build-along?  I really like the pictures you have posted of your arrows.  It would be helpful for a noob, like myself, to see how someone like yourself makes all of those cool arras!

my girl at a 3d shoot a couple of years ago... girls can too shoot!

Be kind and merciful. Let no one ever come to you without coming away better and happier. -Mother Teresa

Offline V-Archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: May 13, 2008, 04:52:00 AM »
Here's my youngest daughter shooting at two different events, first pic is at a holiday resort in Turkey, the second pic is at a fair last year. She was constantly hitting the yellow circle at 15 yards. She would outshoot several "guys"  in our archery club but I still cannot get her to join me in trad archery.   :(  

V-Archer   :archer:  

"If you have the will to win you have achieved half your success; if you don't, you have achieved half your failure"

Offline Tim

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: May 13, 2008, 09:12:00 AM »
Girls Rule      :pray:     .......I know my place in the home and at the fishing hole!  Don't have a photo of her with her bow but YES she shoots and shoots well!

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: May 13, 2008, 09:20:00 AM »
Great thread Killie. We'll get some more "girls" shooting before the summers over too!
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline flightmedic

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: May 13, 2008, 09:42:00 AM »
dont tell this little red head.

Toelke ( Troll)

Striker bow (stinger)

Compton Member
PBS MEMBER
"In the wind he is still alive Fred Bear "

Offline Traditionalfirst

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: May 13, 2008, 09:58:00 AM »
My wife shoots and so does my 5 year old daughter, my daughter started shooting at the age of 3. I made her a red oak and black walnut longbow and she burns that thing up.

Offline Zinnia

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: May 13, 2008, 10:19:00 AM »
Killdeer,
So nice to see this thread busy and beautiful!
All the pictures are wonderful....congrats to all parents who let their kids experence the beauty of nature and how to enjoy it properly.

I have enjoyed this thread....
Connie

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©