3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Trad Archers World  (Read 2042 times)

Offline bowzonly

• Trad Bowhunter
Trad Archers World
« on: March 03, 2023, 06:08:16 PM »
Are they still in production

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Trad Archers World
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2023, 06:20:47 PM »
I don't know.  They were Sponsors here for years back in the day. But I quit trying to get a hold of them a few years ago.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2023, 07:56:52 PM »
Yes, but going to an electronic only format. 

Offline David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2023, 02:13:49 PM »
That's it for me then.
The years accumulate on old friendships like tree rings, during which time a kind of unspoken care and loyalty accrue between men.

Offline Steve D

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2023, 09:16:16 PM »
 Likewise.

Offline GCook

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2023, 10:34:21 PM »
Why is that?  You read this stuff electronically.  Why not a magazine?
I'm by far not the most technologically capable individual but I still have paperless bank statements, billing and payment as much as possible. 
If you enjoy it, peruse it online.
I can afford to shoot most any bow I like.  And I like Primal Tech bows.

Offline Wose

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2023, 11:53:52 AM »
I very much prefer a print magazine, but the reality is there is no way to publish a niche publication like that without bleeding money.

Offline bowzonly

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2023, 01:06:34 PM »
Sent a payment for a back issue a couple months ago and haven’t received. Having trouble contacting. E mail unable to send, phone # not in service

Offline David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2023, 04:18:35 PM »
I do most of my relaxation reading in the evening in bed as I unwind from the day. Can't take my computer to bed.  :saywhat:
The years accumulate on old friendships like tree rings, during which time a kind of unspoken care and loyalty accrue between men.

Offline JR Chambers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2023, 06:59:04 PM »
I do  the same Dave. Only on my iPad. I will support these publications that go digital. I even read books on my iPad. Keeps from cluttering up my house with books that someone will throw out when I am gone. It is very expensive to have a paper magazine now. Bout like having a landline phone. Times are changing. Remember those old washing machines and TV’s? It’s called progress.

Online McDave

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2023, 07:55:49 PM »
I dunno.  I hear what you're saying, JR, but one year I was persuaded through some promotion to subscribe to Traditional Bowhunter on the internet rather than paper through the mail.  That year, I found myself reading very few issues.  It just wasn't the same as having TBM on the table next to my chair, so the next year I switched back to paper.  OTOH, I don't mind reading my morning newspaper on my iPad.  I read it while I'm having breakfast, and it is just as easy to prop up my iPad, probably easier, than it is to prop up a newspaper.

I guess it depends on how you like to read it.  Once I’m done with my breakfast, I’m done with the newspaper, and don't want to see it again.  I don't have any birds that need flooring or fish that need to be wrapped.  But my TBM, I like to pick it up at my leisure over a week or so after I get it.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Technology....the knack of arranging the world so that we don't have to experience it.

Offline David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2023, 08:18:37 PM »
Uh, JR, I still have a land line phone too. Cell signal out our way can be pretty poor at times.  I really don't like being forced into all the digital stuff at my age, I guess.   :dunno:

Offline JR Chambers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2023, 09:30:50 PM »
I do understand that Dave. If I did not have a cell signal I would have a land line phone as well. Are to change. And you are right. We are being forced to change or fall behind.

Offline GCook

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2023, 05:42:25 PM »
We have a landline for one purpose.  If we dial 911 and lay it down the police will show within 5 minutes.  Long enough for me to eliminate the threat or if I cannot speak due to a health issue . . .
I can afford to shoot most any bow I like.  And I like Primal Tech bows.

Offline Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2023, 07:56:55 PM »
Hmmmmm.  I don't want to speak for Tom, but I talked with him briefly two weekends ago at the Wisconsin Traditional Archers annual banquet.  Tom told me the reason for the change is financial.  With higher prices for paper, printing and postage, he said he is losing money with every issue he publishes.  He simply can't afford to keep offering a print version.  Hope those who like the magazine will do what you can to support him. 

Offline JR Chambers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2023, 08:36:23 PM »
Lots of mags are in the same boat with the rising costs of everything

Online McDave

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2023, 10:04:38 AM »
From a business standpoint, I would recommend that he still offer customers an option.  Over a few years, the price to subscribe to my local newspaper went from about $125/year to $700/year for the print version.  The internet version is still $125/year.  I don't know of anyone, certainly not me, who would subscribe to a newspaper for $700/year, but there must be some or they wouldn't keep offering it. I feel better about deciding myself to switch rather than having it forced on me.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Technology....the knack of arranging the world so that we don't have to experience it.

Offline JR Chambers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2023, 12:09:03 PM »
yea. No one wants to be forced to switch but at some point someone will be forced to switch

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2023, 02:47:31 PM »
I understand that both Primitive Archer and Traditional Bowhunter are going digital. I don't care for it but will give it a try. I prefer to read while sitting back in my easy chair, so I am not sure how well this will work out. I get a couple of newsletters online, and seldom do more than a quick glance.
Sam

Offline Hud

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • 360-921-5779
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2023, 05:01:50 PM »
I'll second what McDave said, and add the magazine is heavy on color photos, and shy on advertisers. I think raising the price for the added quality, add a plastic mailer and offer a digital for 1/2 price. Whatever needs to be done, should be done.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©