3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Need Help with Wooden Arrows for Cub Scouts  (Read 660 times)

Offline Frisco Cub Master

• Trad Bowhunter
Need Help with Wooden Arrows for Cub Scouts
« on: February 15, 2007, 10:36:00 PM »
I am a new Cub Master in Texas. We have our Blue and Gold Banquet on March 3rd. During the Banquet we will award 8 hard working scouts their Arrow of Light award. We want to give them something special. We want to give them a wooden arrow mounted on a plaque. I need 5 additional arrows. I spoke with Mike Flecher who used to be a supplier at this website and he recommended I reach out to your group to see if anyone will make or sell me 5 to 10 arrows. Can anyone help?

Offline Bard1

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Need Help with Wooden Arrows for Cub Scouts
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2007, 01:03:00 AM »
what kind of arrow did you have in mind?
a primitive arrow? A blue and gold arrow?  an arrow of light?
Derek
got arrows?

Offline John Scifres

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2007, 08:43:00 AM »
I just had my Bear Cubs make the 6 arrows for our Blue and Gold last night.  We made them from 3/8" dowels, dyed a red ochre, simple cherokee 2-fletch, self nocks, and trade points.  They will hang from a leather thong.  You can do this.  If 9 year olds can do this, you can.  Simple and heart felt is the key.  My Bears will talk about the construction at the Blue and Gold before they are passed on   :)
Take a kid hunting!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline dino

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2007, 10:22:00 PM »
Take a look at the 3R website.  They have some Arrow Light Arrows that are ready to go.  http://www.3riversarchery.com/ListProduct.asp?offset=1   dino
"The most demanding thing you can ask of a piece of wood is for it to become an arrow shaft. You reduce it to the smallest of dimension yet ask it to remain it's strongest, straightest and most durable." Bill Sweetland

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©