3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Idaho Bear  (Read 547 times)

Offline Jesse Minish

• Trad Bowhunter
Idaho Bear
« on: May 12, 2008, 12:19:00 AM »
Well we didn't get a bear but my buddy Tom and I had a great time in an area neither of us had been before. With a little help from a local tradganger Brian we did find a spot to set a bait. We did see lots of wildlife.       Some great scenery     And had some fun in camp doing some shooting

Offline BowHuntingFool

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Idaho Bear
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 12:23:00 AM »
WOW, looks like an awesome place to set up camp for a hunt! Great pics, thanks for sharing!
>>>---Joe Bzura---->

Big River Longbow 66" 52# @ 28"
Big River Longbow 66" 47# @ 28"
Big River Longbow 62" 52# @ 28"
Big River Recurve 60" 48# @ 28"
NewWood Longbow 58" 45# @ 28"

Wisconsin Traditional Archers
      Ojibwa Bowhunters

Offline Brian Krebs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2008, 12:25:00 AM »
I forgot to ask if you had seen the sheep !! LOL I guess so!
  :)
THE VOICES HAVEN'T BOTHERED ME SINCE I STARTED POKING THEM WITH A Q-TIP.

Offline Jesse Minish

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2008, 12:35:00 AM »
We saw some marmots and ground squirrels to but didn't happen to get any. It was still fun to try. Would have been fun to come down just for them.

Offline straitera

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2008, 02:19:00 AM »
I like hunting picks especially w/wilderness and game. Thanks
Buddy Bell

Trad is 60% mental & about 40% mental.

Offline GrayRhino

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2008, 04:07:00 AM »
Nice pictures.  Thanks for sharing!  One of those "just being there was good enough" places!
God  now commandeth all men everywhere to repent.  Acts 17:30

"All bowhunting trips are good,  some are just real good!"  Bill Baker

"We're all trophy hunters...until something else comes along."  Glenn St. Charles

Online Rick Wiltshire

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2008, 07:17:00 AM »
Jesse,

More pics!!!  Especially when you get your bear.

Rick

Online Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2008, 07:42:00 AM »
Good companion, snug camp, bows and arrows and wild country. Kinda makes it tough to go home... doesn't it?

Love the elk photo (the one with the logs in the foreground). Notice that only 1/3 of the herd has you nailed? When it happens during elk season the percentage only gets larger.   :D
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Offline Featherbuster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2008, 07:45:00 AM »
Cool pictures
We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. - Tribe Unknown

Southern Traditional Archery

Offline Mike Orton

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2008, 08:27:00 AM »
Nice Post Jesse....Brian is a good friend to have.  He has done apparently the same for me last fall as he did for you this spring.

Which leads me to my next rant.... all you "experienced" guys out there could take a lesson from Brian Krebs' lead.  Brian has helped out several Trad Gangers by actually showing guys where to go, what to do, how to do it.... in the field.  As good a teacher as any man would want to find regarding woodsmanship.  I'd like to see more of that type of hunter generousity, if for nothing more than for the legacy of continuing the hunting tradition in general.

There have been Trad Gangers right in my home state who I've asked help from to hunt hogs, guys who are are localized in prime hog hunting areas who wouldn't touch the concept of helping another man to get setup hunting. Lame excuses in general.... I'm talking about the highly experienced/successful guys who post photos of or speak of hundreds of kills of big game.  I recognize it's a lot to ask of a hunter to take time out of his own personal pursuit to help out someone else who hasn't been there, but Brian Krebs is just such a man and it's important that he be recognized for his efforts.  As for the others who turn their backs on the requests of fellow hunters, well you're just not in Brian's league.

There's an old saying that "True strength" is actually very gentle..... readers, ask yourselves, how many hunters have I introduced to the specific type of hunting that I excel in?
  :knothead:  

Let the bashing begin...
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline DeerSpotter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2008, 09:59:00 AM »
Mike,

I couldn't agree more, I have had a number of Tradgang guys from Colorado and Idaho PM me when I wanted to go elk hunting.  They are more willing to help me in showing me the places to go and some offered to help carry my elk out if I got one.

I guess when I was a kid I was really slow, I was only 2 1/2 pounds when I was born over 50 years ago, God has really been good to me, so I didn't catch on until about the third grade.  And nobody wanted to share anything with me, and now I've taken the opposite route, in whatever talent, whatever abilities, and also whatever experience I've gained, I try and pass it on to a fault.

There are no secrets, you don't have any magic potions, they've all been done and had.  So pass it on.  You're not going to give up any dreams, your dreams can only be yours.  Pass on your experiences, you be amazed at what others can do where you have left off.

Carl
--------------------------
 Heb.13:5-6

Offline Jesse Minish

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2008, 11:20:00 AM »
Tom has some good pics. he may want to share. Here are a few more. This is bigger country than it looks. The first camp we set up before moving was at a little over 6400ft. and we weren't close to the top.

Offline shawn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2008, 11:29:00 AM »
I need to get my fat butt up into the hills and start looking for a place to hunt this fall. Great pictures Jesse. Wish I could have been there with you.

Shawn

Online Rick Wiltshire

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2008, 01:51:00 PM »
Jesse is one of those good guys - he is willing to take on this flatlander from Illinois this fall for elk.   :)   Come on September!!

Offline Jesse Minish

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2008, 02:54:00 PM »
I cant wait either Rick! It is going to be a blast.

Offline Brian Krebs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2008, 03:45:00 PM »
Thanks Mike.
THE VOICES HAVEN'T BOTHERED ME SINCE I STARTED POKING THEM WITH A Q-TIP.

Online Rick Wiltshire

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2008, 10:49:00 AM »
Jesse,

Any luck with the bears.

Rick

Offline Jesse Minish

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2008, 11:20:00 AM »
Rick,

No not this spring. Most the units up where I hunt closed the 15th of May and the snow was still to deep to get in. I haven't had time to go back down south where we can get up in the hills. Two of the units up here were open till the 31st of May and with two weeks to go we got a bait set. Then we had some warm weather and the road flooded and washed out the bridge to get in. Still have my stands hanging up there. Should be good this fall though.

Offline frassettor

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2008, 11:20:00 AM »
What a beautiful place, I would love to be there. Thanks for sharing  :bigsmyl:
"Everything's fine,just fine". Dad

Offline steadman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2008, 03:37:00 PM »
Nice!! Love that country. Hope to see some pics from the fall hunts. Thanks for takin us along   :thumbsup:
" Just concentrate and don't freak out next time" my son Tyler(age 7) giving advise after watching me miss a big mulie.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©