3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Why no pope and young fletchings?  (Read 2000 times)

Offline Vroomvroom

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Moose outfitter
Re: Why no pope and young fletchings?
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2023, 06:24:41 PM »
Gun, those 6 fletch fluflus?  I have four fletch.  I like them.  Though for squirrels or spruce grouse, in tree limbs over head, they travel too far. I just made some spotters to try. But for stumping or further distances o love those four fletch.  Id  like to try 6

Online McDave

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2023, 07:27:10 PM »
I didn’t know how those feather burners work. Yes, if I could create the wire shape myself that would be fine.   Or like Terry mentioned, cut the last 1/4” off a shield cut.   I’m not concerned with a little louder arrow.  If it’s not small game or a moose that won’t jump the string at 25-30 yards, it would be a stump.    I ghink their a classic look.

This is a link to a wire for a feather burner that can be bent into any shape you want, including a Pope & Young shape.  Not too many people use feather burners, but those who do seem to like them.  I know they work, from seeing the results of my friend's arrows, but that's about all I can tell you about them.  https://www.3riversarchery.com/replacement-klean-cut-ribbons-for-young-feather-burner.html
TGMM Family of the Bow

Technology....the knack of arranging the world so that we don't have to experience it.

Online Walt Francis

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2023, 07:32:42 PM »
I still use the the Pope & Young cut for kids arrows, they like the extra noise.  Some I made last month:

The broadhead used, regardless of how sharp, is nowhere as important as being able to place it in the correct spot.

Walt Francis

Regular Member of the Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline Vroomvroom

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Moose outfitter
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2023, 08:07:33 PM »
Nice

Offline Gun

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2023, 08:16:20 PM »
David- Actually 5 fletch. I left one out to clear the side plate better.

I also made one or two w two feathers opposite of the rest for more drag. I must have lost those as I couldn't find them in my junk. I never shot flying birds much. Mostly squirrels and pigeons sitting in old barns w rubber blunts. Back then I was shooting 75# recurves and didn't want to wreck stuff too much   ;)
It's really simple. Just don't take those borderline shots. Tomorrow is another day.

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2023, 09:08:24 PM »
Nice Walt!!!!
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Vroomvroom

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Moose outfitter
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2023, 05:24:41 PM »
Nice.  I thought that cut was considered a traditional cut where it’s rounded on leading end of feather. But I do like those  as well. 

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©