3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: USPS  (Read 1990 times)

Offline Crooked Stic

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
USPS
« on: March 14, 2023, 02:00:07 PM »
USPS strikes again. Found me a nice Mountain Monarch just got it today only to find out it was broken in shipping

High on Archery.

Offline supernaut

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: USPS
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2023, 02:10:54 PM »
Brutal.

Those pictures are tough to look at.    :scared:

Sorry about the bow.
Prayer changes things.

If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough.

Offline Maclean

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2023, 02:47:29 PM »
That's really ugly. I hope it was insured for full value.

What a bummer after finding the bow you've been looking for and having it ruined in transit. Sorry that happened.
Toelke Chinook 58" 52@28
Toelke Pika 54" 50@28
Toelke Whip 64" 42@28
Java Man Elkheart Magnum 52" 48@28
Centaur Longbow 60" 50@28
Black Widow PL III 62" 53@28

Idaho Traditional Bowhunters
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Backcountry Hunters and Anglers

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2023, 03:14:05 PM »
That is bull chit...

Hope it was insured, Mike.

Any chance of saving it?

I've had 2 bows broken in shipping vis the USPS.

Now I use a 3 inch plastic pipe for shipping.

Offline Crooked Stic

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2023, 04:17:02 PM »
Was insured. No chance for repair. Only thing holding it right now is contact cement and beaver tail grip otherwise would be in two  pieces.
High on Archery.

Online PrimitivePete

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2023, 04:31:59 PM »
I hate em period. I made a trade recently with a great man one state away from me. Less than 100 miles away from each other. My bow made it to him UPS ground, the next day. His bow to me went back and forth from his post office to the regional center TWICE, next it made it to my regional center 3 miles away and sat there for 3 days before it showed up at my PO. When I went to the Regional Center 3 miles away, they refused to release it to me. When it got to my PO, they wanted me to pay extra for the shipping. I love this Country, but I cannot support USPS any longer.

Online Kelly

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2023, 05:31:28 PM »
I hate em period. I made a trade recently with a great man one state away from me. Less than 100 miles away from each other. My bow made it to him UPS ground, the next day. His bow to me went back and forth from his post office to the regional center TWICE, next it made it to my regional center 3 miles away and sat there for 3 days before it showed up at my PO. When I went to the Regional Center 3 miles away, they refused to release it to me. When it got to my PO, they wanted me to pay extra for the shipping. I love this Country, but I cannot support USPS any longer.

Sounds like to me the person sending bow to you did not put enough postage on the package.
>>>>============>

Enjoy the flight of an arrow amongst Mother Nature's Glory!

Once one opens the mind to the plausible, the unbelievable becomes possible!

>>>>============>

Yours for better bowhunting, Kelly

Offline Crooked Stic

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2023, 05:39:31 PM »
$52 don't matter how much how careful they need to be.
High on Archery.

Online PrimitivePete

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2023, 06:36:30 PM »

No sir , he had plenty of postage and even paid extra for insurance and Priority. They admitted that they screwed it up big time. USPS in my opinion is not worth the extra costs.

Sounds like to me the person sending bow to you did not put enough postage on the package.

Online Steelhead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2023, 08:23:30 PM »
I had a bow destroyed exactly like yours.Broken in half through the shelf.Phenolic riser.It was UPS though.I had another damaged by UPS as well.I had to jump through alot of hoops.But did get insurance coverage eventually.

Sorry bout your bow.Looked nice!Bummer

Offline Jim Wright

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2023, 09:22:54 PM »
Out of curiosity how was this bow packaged?

Offline David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2023, 11:20:53 AM »
I have shipped a lot of bows over the years and never a problem with USPS but UPS destroyed a hard PVC shipping tube.  About 8" of the end was busted completely off and jagged edges were left sticking up all around the broken end.  The delivery guy just left it propped up at the guys door.  Miraculously the bow escaped damage as I had it packed in thick padding.
The years accumulate on old friendships like tree rings, during which time a kind of unspoken care and loyalty accrue between men.

Online Mike Bolin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2023, 01:26:31 PM »
I've had USPS lose a longbow that was packed in a pvc tube. The day it finally arrived (33 days after it was shipped), I received a notification that was still in California. Had another longbow that I shipped to Idaho via FedEx, arrive at its destination in 3 days, but the pvc tube was crushed and the bow was totally destroyed. To their credit, insurance paid off in a timely manner. So far...knock on wood, I've had the best luck with UPS.
Centaur longbow 62", 43#@28"
River Raisin Siren, 60", 41#@28"
Osage Selfbow 62", 47#@28

Offline 2wfstlhunting

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2023, 02:54:54 PM »
Frankly, it really is a crap shoot.  I just sent a bow across the country by Fed Ex, and we will see what happens.  I put it in a very strong thick cardboard carpet tube and sent it off with a prayer.  It came to me all the way from Africa by way of Dubai, France, Spain unscathed and sat in Memphis Customs for 2 weeks. It reportedly "fell out " of the heavily taped box after leaving Customs and was ultimately located in their Utah Lost and Found weeks later after my being a PIA.  I know this because they told me that NO one sees or handles the packages anywhere along the way (fully automated) but it is weighed at the beginning and after it gets through Customs..where BTW they don't usually even look at it and just check the paperwork. On the other hand THE EMPTY box made it all the way to Pennsylvania where the tracking software then told me it couldn't be delivered: they don't deliver EMPTY BOXES! Do you think that if they can detect a problem by the weight being different that they could then GO  and INVESTIGATE?  Apparently not.  I wonder what the repsonse of an awaiting customer would be to getting an empty torn open box delivered? OMG
 I just sent a package by UPS to Colorado from NJ, and it took 5 days for the $70 TWO DAY AIR shipping: and BTW be aware that there are no delivery guarantees anymore except the Overnight service ($140 for same small light box).  You will know that if you read the information off of the final print out/signed receipt at the end of your transaction, with a line of annoyed other customers waiting for you to move on, in SMALL font print. 
Leon Stewart Deflex/Reflex Mahogany and bamboo 62" 53#@27.5"
Leon Stewart Deflex/Reflex curly maple, birdseye maple and Osage riser 53#@ 28"
Blacktail 62" longbow takedown 53#/57# B & W ebony
Harvey Crowned Eagle longbow  62"  49#

Offline Maclean

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2023, 03:12:16 PM »
This thread has me so concerned that I'm now reluctant to buy or sell a used bow here or on that other site.

What a bummer.
Toelke Chinook 58" 52@28
Toelke Pika 54" 50@28
Toelke Whip 64" 42@28
Java Man Elkheart Magnum 52" 48@28
Centaur Longbow 60" 50@28
Black Widow PL III 62" 53@28

Idaho Traditional Bowhunters
Backcountry Hunters and Anglers

Offline Jim Wright

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2023, 03:46:46 PM »
There's been a lot said about shippers here, again out of curiosity Crooked Stick how was the broken bow packaged?

Offline Crooked Stic

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2023, 10:03:34 PM »
It was in heavy duty cardboard folded and tapedwith strap tape and the bow was double wrapped with bubble wrap and insured for $1000. The insured part would think me think it should have been handled with kid gloves. Plus 52 doll. To ship that prolly won't get back. Yeah it was not in a tube or wood box but still no reason for this to happen aside of careless handling
High on Archery.

Online Kelly

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2023, 10:45:42 PM »
The couple claims I’ve had always the shipping was refunded, too.

Now all you need is a receipt/bill of sale for proof of value.
>>>>============>

Enjoy the flight of an arrow amongst Mother Nature's Glory!

Once one opens the mind to the plausible, the unbelievable becomes possible!

>>>>============>

Yours for better bowhunting, Kelly

Online PrimitivePete

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2023, 09:43:40 AM »
That brings up a significant point, if you are buying or trading for a bow that has exchanged hands a few times, the likelihood of have an original receipt is impossible I would think. So the value cannot be accurately determined or proven. That gives me the feeling it isn't a slam dunk just because you insure it for a certain amount is what you will actually get should it be damaged or lost.

Offline Crooked Stic

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2023, 10:20:45 AM »
My sender is getting an original receipt from Jim
High on Archery.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©