3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: USPS  (Read 1989 times)

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: USPS
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2023, 11:26:07 AM »
Stay after em Mike, remember the squeaky wheel gets the grease...
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Offline Maclean

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2023, 11:35:02 AM »
That brings up a significant point, if you are buying or trading for a bow that has exchanged hands a few times, the likelihood of have an original receipt is impossible I would think. So the value cannot be accurately determined or proven. That gives me the feeling it isn't a slam dunk just because you insure it for a certain amount is what you will actually get should it be damaged or lost.

This is hugely significant. I'm of the opinion that if you pay to insure the package  and the shipper damages the package during shipment they should pay the claim.  Period. I mean that's what you paid for, insurance against damages caused by the shipper. Grrr ...

Insurance companies make me crazy.
Toelke Chinook 58" 52@28
Toelke Pika 54" 50@28
Toelke Whip 64" 42@28
Java Man Elkheart Magnum 52" 48@28
Centaur Longbow 60" 50@28
Black Widow PL III 62" 53@28

Idaho Traditional Bowhunters
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Backcountry Hunters and Anglers

Offline Kirkll

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2023, 02:07:36 PM »
It was in heavy duty cardboard folded and tapedwith strap tape and the bow was double wrapped with bubble wrap and insured for $1000. The insured part would think me think it should have been handled with kid gloves. Plus 52 doll. To ship that prolly won't get back. Yeah it was not in a tube or wood box but still no reason for this to happen aside of careless handling

Unfortunately....Everything is automated in these sorting houses and distribution centers. It's the conveyor belts that are busting up these bows and packages, not improper handling by humans. It's not uncommon for a 6' long package to spin sideways and get hung up in the process.... Some survive.... Some don't.

All you can do is insure them for replacement cost, and hope for the best.     Kirk
Big Foot Bows
Traditional Archery
[email protected]
http://bigfootbows.com/b/bows/

Online Archie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2023, 06:54:04 PM »
It was in heavy duty cardboard folded and tapedwith strap tape and the bow was double wrapped with bubble wrap and insured for $1000. The insured part would think me think it should have been handled with kid gloves. Plus 52 doll. To ship that prolly won't get back. Yeah it was not in a tube or wood box but still no reason for this to happen aside of careless handling

Unfortunately....Everything is automated in these sorting houses and distribution centers. It's the conveyor belts that are busting up these bows and packages, not improper handling by humans. It's not uncommon for a 6' long package to spin sideways and get hung up in the process.... Some survive.... Some don't.

All you can do is insure them for replacement cost, and hope for the best.     Kirk

I learned this the hard way when I put my two $200/ea hockey sticks on a plane and they came back nearly cut in half, neatly, too -- as if with a saw.  They were taped together and couldn't roll, but had evidently gotten hung up in a conveyer somewhere. 
Life is a whole lot easier when you just plow around the stump.

2006  64" Black Widow PMA
2009  66" Black Widow PLX
2023  56" Cascade Archery Whitetail Hawk
2023  52" Cascade Archery Golden Hawk Magnum

Offline RIVERWOLF

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2023, 12:06:49 PM »
Imagery  is pretty disturbing .....
Having suffered many damaged / lost shipments over the years (mostly USPS) I get it...I had a perfect 1969 Bear Alaskan split in too much the same in shipment. Heavy box, lots of bubble wrap...Complete fracture of a bow that can never truly be replaced ...Just one example. I have MANY MORE...

....This is a pretty "touchy" subject for many...Why ?  :dunno: ... Some have "accountability" issues  :saywhat:
Truth is , USPS-UPS-FEDEX- ...ALL have issues with large packages .  They accept the work, make us the "customer" pay insurance for said work...and damage our packages-bows-arrows-personal & often non replaceable objects ....Then  dispute and in some cases REFUSE payment for said damage ? LOL....It's' "not" the responsibility of "WE THE PEOPLE '' to fix "their ''malfunctioning-incompetent shipping system  .....Business.
Until they fix it...pay up ...NOT using taxpayers money !

""If you can't do the time, don't do the crime""

I have worked my share of assembly lines , and conveyor systems....The Company ""MUST"" take measures to fix the issues "THEY HAVE" in design-function . 

If the Medium-LARGE distribution  companies(One was one of the top retailers in the nation at the time) I worked for can do it , so can the USPS-UPS-FEDEX !

Good Old fashioned "accountability"  and action based on usually fixes these type issues rather quickly.....Something severly "lacking" in our package delivery systems ........ imho

Arrows are the Life-Blood of a hunt........They need a safe place to be until called upon  !
Ralph"Riverwolf"Webb
>>>----------------->

Online Kelly

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2023, 01:56:59 PM »
Does not have to be “original” as in new bill of sale. If you are buying a used bow from someone all they need to do is make a bill of sale with item, price date, etc sign it and send it to you. But actually the sender of an item is responsible for the insurance claim. They need to refund your money, then due the insurance claim and receive the insurance claim.

That is how it always worked for me with USPS.
>>>>============>

Enjoy the flight of an arrow amongst Mother Nature's Glory!

Once one opens the mind to the plausible, the unbelievable becomes possible!

>>>>============>

Yours for better bowhunting, Kelly

Offline Possum Head

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2023, 08:35:49 PM »
My sender is getting an original receipt from Jim
Fantastic

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©