3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Nock grooves too narrow  (Read 1743 times)

Offline Vroomvroom

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Moose outfitter
Re: Nock grooves too narrow
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2023, 02:13:02 PM »
Yes. Ordered the serving tool too. I would eventually make a string or two actually so I’ll use at least some of it.    I never thought about untwisting and snipping.   Hoping it’s just a loose serving. Stay tuned.

Online McDave

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2023, 04:00:47 PM »
I think Smguinnip has a good idea, although in practice it might be difficult, or at least tedious, to get one strand loose from each bundle.  If it works, the end result should be no different that padding the loops of a 14 strand string with two short strands to make 16 strand loops.  In fact, I do that on purpose when I make a string, so the loops are a little easier on the bow tips.  In fact, I may have to try that on purpose on the next string I make to see if your method is easier to do and comes out with a better string than weaving in two short strands to pad the loops.  Of course, I’ll cut the two midsection strands out before I twist the midsection.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Technology....the knack of arranging the world so that we don't have to experience it.

Offline Vroomvroom

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Moose outfitter
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2023, 12:49:38 AM »
So some time has went by, since the last post was sent above.  I reserved the string.  Great learning.  It does feel better. But I still feel it’s a hair too tight.  I would prefer if I could to get the string correct before fooling with the nocks.   I ordered bcy 0.019 from 3rivers. What I noticed though is, the next size smaller is 0.014. This seems quite a large jump in size. Just wondering what some think in regards to removing my 0.019 and replacing it with the 0.014?  I have not shot it much mor than 2 dozen-3 dozen arrows. Not sure if my serving will wear much.  The nock take a good pluck of the string before it lets go. It may even rotate the string if I spin the nocked arrow around it. I would have to look up which item I purchased. I see they sell two b55 Flemish strings. I believe mine is the dollar cheaper one which says it’s a 16 strand.  But I’d have to see if I can find that order info but I’m thinking I deleted it from my email.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©