3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: What accessories?  (Read 677 times)

Offline Farmingdales Finest

• Trad Bowhunter
What accessories?
« on: April 20, 2023, 02:40:32 PM »
I was at the USA Archery Single String Bootcamp over the weekend and won in a raffle a Hoyt Exceed riser. I need to get new arrows at the least and probably should get a plunger and rest too.

Being excited to shoot the new bow I made an endless loop string, swapped my Uukha Gobi’s and my springy rest from my hunting bow and shot my hunting arrows at a friends last night.

This is my first group at 20 yards. I think these arrows may play double duty as indoor arrows come winter. The first shot was me plucking the string. The next three were coaching and the bow. After working with Matt Yacca I went from a 28” draw to a measured 30.25” !

I shot many similar groups and this has me wondering do I really need to spend roughly $200 on a rest and plunger vs a $30 springy! I have only hunted and done well locally on the 3D course, so barebow indoor and target archery is new to me.

Should I get a different rest and plunger and if so what would you recommend? I will likely get the Easton Legacy arrows. The 500 spine and 100-125grain tip will be 125-150 grains lighter than my hunting arrows.
EXE Scream 21" Riser, Uukha Gobi Medium limbs 43 otf,  Springy rest, GT Hunters tipped with 3 blade Muzzy's 535gr. TAW

United Bowhunters of NJ - Monmouth County Rep

Online McDave

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: What accessories?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2023, 06:09:51 PM »
With that kind of bow you're pretty much limited to using some kind of arrow rest, due to the design of the bow.  However, if you want some of the advantages of an adjustable rest, without going full bore cushion plunger, you might want to give this one a try, which is listed on the Three Rivers website:

https://www.3riversarchery.com/aae-free-flyte-micro-arrow-rest.html

One of our club members who has won more than his share of tournaments uses this rest exclusively now, and I recently bought one myself to use in indoor competitions next year.  I just finished building a set of arrows with micro vanes to use with it instead of the feathers I use on everything else.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2023, 06:30:22 PM by McDave »
TGMM Family of the Bow

Technology....the knack of arranging the world so that we don't have to experience it.

Online Steelhead

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: What accessories?
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2023, 06:28:03 PM »
I used one like McDave posted in thr photo when I shot compounds with fingers.It was great and I did shoot vanes then.

I think mine was called Cavalier Super Flight.Not positve though.Been awhile.It was popular with a friend of mine as well who was  successful in  3-D  tounaments with a compound using a finger release.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©