3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Brace height while tuning, roots game master recurve 62” AMO  (Read 660 times)

Offline Vroomvroom

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Moose outfitter
I believe someone mentioned this to me one day, but can’t remember his answer. What’s the usual brace height for a recurve like this?  I adjusted the height between 6.75”-8”.  I did this in large increments however.   But I could hardly tell the difference in sound or feel.  It may have been a little a little better at 8”.  Again, I made big jumps each time.  How little increments have one noticed from being “ thunky”, to being smooth.   It’s a 49# roots gamemaster. I shoot maybe 26.5-27”.  These arrows are not what I purchased to use. These are some fluflus spiral wrapped that are likely going to be  20-40 grains lighter that the gold tip classic xts will be once built.  At a guess.   The nocks are a touch tight.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2023, 08:08:26 PM by Vroomvroom »

Online Steelhead

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Brace height while tuning, roots game master recurve 62” AMO
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2023, 04:00:44 AM »
If it sounds quiet and shoots about the same as far as handshock and felt vibration then it sounds like it can stand a wide range of B.H settings.Some will be more senstive and tell you the sweet spot based on feedback the bow gives you on noise and handshock.

I does not hurt to go up and down the ladder a few more times like 1/8th of an inch at a time and reavaluate.

You will get little more speed with lower brace hieght.Not that much though.

One other thing to consider is if you you are getting better arrow flight at certain brace hieghts and or are just more accurate with with it at a higher BH and or lower.

Tinker with it and play around till you come to your own conclusions after a good amount of shots.

Offline ArthursParadox

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2023, 05:57:28 AM »
Reccomend brace height towards bottom of page in link above.  Says 8 inches.  Goodluck.

Offline Vroomvroom

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Moose outfitter
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2023, 06:08:30 AM »
Oh. Yes , I saw that before , but didn’t catch the  brace height. 8”.  That’s as far as I’ve taken it.  Afraid to take it up much more. Maybe a touch to try it.   Mine is the 65$ model,  66-68’ year.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2023, 07:02:52 AM by Vroomvroom »

Offline ArthursParadox

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2023, 08:08:17 AM »
That Looks like a sweet bow.  I have always wanted to try one.  I have owned a few Shakespeare bows over the years and have a 35lb root rover for form work.  Just trying to settle on one main bow and a back up these days. Planing on unloading the rest, otherwise I cannot keep from shooting them all. I Need to focus on one bow and work on the archer for a while.  Enjoy your Root. 

Offline Vroomvroom

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Moose outfitter
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2023, 08:13:49 AM »
Yes. Thanks. An older guide I know gave it to me.  It’s banged up a little but seems fine. I was nervous putting the brace height up a little too much.  He had it dragging around since the late 60s. Just got a string for it. Rest. Some arrows. I suppose now I have the Savannah and the roots.  I need a longbow asl. Maybe a big Jim. Lol

Online Steve D

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2023, 10:03:18 AM »
Those Root/Shakespeare bow when set up with a low stretch string will shoot as good as what's out there
minus super curves. Don't be afraid  "tweeking"the brace ht a bit higher than recommended.
You have a good one put it to use.

Offline Vroomvroom

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Moose outfitter
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2023, 10:04:26 AM »
Thanks.  Bringing it to life

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©