3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: bowfishing  (Read 387 times)

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: bowfishing
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2008, 03:10:00 PM »
Holy Cow!  Skyler W, now that was an awesome outing. If we get 20# fish here, it's a trophy.  How big was the biggest?

Here in Washington, I missed the first spawn which was a couple weeks ago.  A few days ago, I landed 24 of the 8-12 lb. common carp along with a couple "Mirror" carp (see pic.)

Lon Scott

Offline carparcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2008, 03:58:00 PM »
That twisted tail carp is awesome!  I wonder if it got injured when it was very young/developing or something?

Offline JSimon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2008, 04:20:00 PM »
Originally posted by carparcher:
That twisted tail carp is awesome!  I wonder if it got injured when it was very young/developing or something?
I was wondering the same thing or if it was a birth defect. I kind of wish I would have taken it home and froze it, but it's probably been eaten by something by now.

Offline DW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2008, 04:29:00 PM »
Lon, The biggest one weighed 59 lbs. That Mirror carp is beautiful. We have only ever shot one around here.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline matt61

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2008, 08:24:00 AM »
Here in Australia we are not allowed to shoot carp with a bow in our rivers and streams it deemed to be spearfishing and illegal and carp are a major pest infesting almost all our rivers and lakes.But you can catch them with rod and line, but you are not allowed to return them to the water,you must kill the fish and bury the remains more than fifty meters away from the waters edge.And I`can drive five minutes from home and see twenty or thirty ten pound carp in a local creek untouchable---crazy heh.  :rolleyes:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©