3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Trad Bear Camp  (Read 306 times)

Online Barry Wensel

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Trad Bear Camp
« on: May 13, 2008, 08:35:00 PM »
Jack Smith, PBS Sect./Treas. was scheduled to go bear hunting in Quebec with me this spring. Many people didn't know he fell a couple monthes ago while moving a treestand. Besides serious internal brain bleeding he got a couple spinal fractures. He's doing much better but is going to have to drop out of our planned trip together until next year. This will make ONE opening available  to fill his slot. Last year twelve of us went. We killed ten bears. I was one of the two guys who didn't shoot one because we were too picky. I passed a total of eighteen mature bears at under 10 yds. on the hunt myself. Everyone will get multiple opportunities. The opening is short notice as we're leaving from Mass. the evening of June 6th (3 weeks from now). We'll return to MA late on June 14th to celebrate Father's Day.. hint/hint). The hunt costs a total of $1795. and includes the shared ride to Quebec, all lodging, all food, active bait stands, non-resident license/tag, boat/motor, literally everything. Last year's hunt was without a doubt one of the best I've ever had the pleasure to go on. I realize this is short notice but somebody ought to jump on this one. You can read more about the hunt on the other Bear Quest thread below. For any additional info, please email Tom Phillips at [email protected]. You won't be disappointed. BW

Offline hogdancer

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Trad Bear Camp
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 09:35:00 PM »
I hate to hear that Jack will not be with us, I was really looking forward to getting to know him. he does so much for the PBS he must be a fine fellow.
Take care
T
PBS regular Member,
but most importantly father to my two girls !
The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government _Thomas Jefferson

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 09:49:00 PM »
Man I'd love to go and share a camp with you and the others....but work just won't allow it this year. Someone's in for a heck of a time!
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Fletcher

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 06:51:00 AM »
Hey Barry, I sent an e-mail.  Rick    :campfire:
Good judgement comes from experience.  Experience comes from bad judgement.

"The next best thing to playing and winning is playing and losing."

"An archer doesn't have to be a bowhunter, but a bowhunter should be an archer."

Offline gsdmikko

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2008, 07:00:00 AM »
wish i had the time..been 10 years since i've been up there..( miss them no see-ums )
Follow Your Dreams
" It's better to die Livin'
  Than live Dyin "

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2008, 08:37:00 AM »
Man I'd like to go but it's too short notice and I've got other plans.

I don't like to hunt with old guys because it's so hard to get any sleep at night. They snore loudly, pass gas loudly, and keep getting up to drain their bladder. Plus because of their advanced age they think it exempts them from doing their share of camp chores.   :rolleyes:  I normally hunt with young guys because they're always lookin out for the old man..(me)    :biglaugh:
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline bbassi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2008, 10:08:00 AM »
TTT

Ron -   :biglaugh:
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt.

Offline Goose

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2008, 11:09:00 AM »
Hi Barry,

What the heck, if it is still open I'll take it. Even got the OK from the wife! I don't really need another bear, but sounds like a hoot.  Will send you an email.
Steve
Don't accept your dog's admiration as conclusive evidence that you are wonderful.

Offline Grant Young

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2008, 12:59:00 PM »
Sorry to hear about Jack. Goose, sounds like you may have snagged a spot. Ron, I'd be really offended if you weren't telling the truth, but its at least partly true. Nine uninterrupted hours of sleep means I'm either sedated or seriously dehydrated, lol.            Grant

Offline Tom Phillips

• Trad Bowhunter
    • BISON GEAR PACKS
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2008, 09:44:00 PM »
The spot that became vacant when Jack Smith had to bail out because he is still healing up from terrible fall has been filled by Rick Stillman he was 1st to respond.

Hope you getted well SOON Jack.

Tom & Bear Quest Boys
BISON GEAR PACKS
https://www.facebook.com/search/top?q=bison%20gear%20packs

TGMM Family of the Bow * PBS * P&Y
 * Massachusetts Bowhunters * NRA
 * Compton Traditional Bowhunters *
 * N.A.H.C. * N.Y.Bowhunters *
  * N.J.Bowhunters *

Offline George D. Stout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2008, 09:44:00 PM »
What's a trad bear?  8^).

I'll keep Jack in my prayers for sure.

Offline BodarkOkie

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2008, 09:58:00 PM »
Have fun Rick!

Long time, no see.   :wavey:  

Gene
If you love peace more than you love freedom, you lose!
TGMM Family of the Bow
United Bowhunters of MO-Lifetime/Founding Board
United Bowhunters of IL-Lifetime Charter
Compton Trad. Bowhunters-Lifetime Charter
PBS-Assoc.
NBEF Instructor

Offline Fletcher

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2008, 11:19:00 PM »
Hi Gene!  Thanks, you can be sure I'll give it my best.  I've never hunted bear and I'm already pretty wired.  I'll settle on arrows this weekend, put the Ace Express back on and get to shooting.    :campfire:
Good judgement comes from experience.  Experience comes from bad judgement.

"The next best thing to playing and winning is playing and losing."

"An archer doesn't have to be a bowhunter, but a bowhunter should be an archer."

Online Rick Wiltshire

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2008, 07:13:00 AM »
Rick - you will have a great time. I am headed out Saturday for my 6th trip - It can be addictive!!!  Rick

Offline RayMO

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2008, 07:58:00 AM »
Also sorry to hear about Jack.

Ron...oh Ron...LOL, what is it with the old guys and all that loud snoring and getting up every hour for you know what...Sure glad I am young yet   :scared:

Man would I love to go on this one, but it just isn't possible. Thanks Barry.

Offline Goose

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2008, 08:33:00 AM »
Yep, Rick beat me to it.  Best of luck on the hunt!
Goose
Don't accept your dog's admiration as conclusive evidence that you are wonderful.

Offline hill boy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2008, 09:28:00 AM »
welcome aboard Rick.  :bigsmyl:  Get well soon Jack!  :)
Your best shot is only as good as your next one!

Offline hogdancer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2008, 09:49:00 AM »
welcome Rick, I have never hunted bear either. guess we will find out about it though, I think the pointy end of the arrow goes in the bear.
Take care
T
PBS regular Member,
but most importantly father to my two girls !
The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government _Thomas Jefferson

Online Barry Wensel

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2008, 11:34:00 PM »
I just returned home. Gene and I have been gone for the last three days hanging some new treestands for this fall and detailing a bunch of others that needed attention after a severe ice storm last winter. Two new ones I'm really excited about we named "Takedown" and "Death Row". The stuff dreams are made of. Regarding the bear hunt, welcome aboard Rick. Mr. Stillman will fit right in. He attended one of my whitetail bootcamps a couple years ago then went right home and shot a bruiser (good student, Ha).
Sorry everyone can't go on this hunt but it sounds like Rick won the race for the one slot. I know both he and Thomas Hogdancer Burns are both "bear virgins", so this will really add to the fun. Good move guys! BW

Offline Curveman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2008, 06:53:00 AM »
Welcome aboard Rick! I am really hoping that you and Tom and the other firstimers get your first bears!!     :thumbsup:
Compliance Officer MK,LLC
NRA Life Member

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©