INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Looking for information on bow I acquired.  (Read 2361 times)

Offline ray.g.perkins

• Trad Bowhunter
Looking for information on bow I acquired.
« on: June 08, 2023, 03:38:36 PM »
reaching out to the group because I recently acquired a bow from my sister's husband.  They had it hanging in the lodge of their RV park.  I have tried searching online and wasn't finding much on it.  My hope is someone on this site may be able to shed some light. 

From what I have found it looks like it may have been made by a Ralph Castoe out of Allen, OK who operated Lonetree Archery. 

From the look of it I feel like it is probably a good quality bow.

any information on the bow, maker or value would be appreciated.  I'll post some pictures I took.  Thank you for checking this out and any comments that come.

Offline Scubadogs

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Always walk tall and shoot straight!
Re: Looking for information on bow I acquired.
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2023, 02:32:22 PM »
Looks cool and simple.  I have never come across the maker. Older bows from individual makers are very elastic in their worth. Most lessor known builders don't hold a lot of value unless they made something of their name or brand.
Always walk tall and shoot straight

Online Kelly

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2023, 09:23:32 AM »
I knew Ralph from back in my Arrows by Kelly days. He built a really good bow back then, loved shooting and hunting with wood arrows, too. Think he maybe even advertised his bows in Traditional Bowhunting magazine back then.

How many pounds is it? It is in pretty rough shape and appears to have snakeskin on it. Hard to tell because your pictures are so large. I assume you don’t have a string?

What are you wanting to do with the bow, keep it to shoot or display, sell it, etc?
>>>>============>

Enjoy the flight of an arrow amongst Mother Nature's Glory!

Once one opens the mind to the plausible, the unbelievable becomes possible!

>>>>============>

Yours for better bowhunting, Kelly

Offline Dunc

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2023, 09:21:36 PM »
Well hello! I picked up an Ocelot made by Lonetree archery several years ago on the secondary market, and it is one of my favorite bows. I sent it to BigJim of BigJimBows and he put copperhead skins on it and it looks awesome. My Ocelot is 56# @ 28 and is 66”, a reflex/deflex design.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©