Author Topic: Waterborne 2 part marine polyurethane  (Read 875 times)

Offline Bryan Adolphe

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Waterborne 2 part marine polyurethane
« on: June 29, 2023, 03:09:45 PM »
Has anybody ever seen or heard of anyone using this? Comes in satin.

Online Kirkll

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Waterborne 2 part marine polyurethane
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2023, 05:54:31 PM »
The Systems Three name alone sets the stage for the high price. But they have high quality products. I’ve never used this product, but they have come out with some incredible water base products the last few years.

The water base Helmsman Spar varnish is nice stuff. I used it on outdoor furniture and it’s held up very nicely in the weather.   This stuff here might be excellent material if you can justify the price… I can buy 3 gallons of auto clear coat and hardener for the same price.     Kirk
Big Foot Bows
Traditional Archery
[email protected]
http://bigfootbows.com/b/bows/

Offline Bryan Adolphe

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2023, 06:09:22 PM »
You forgot to add in the cost of the ventilation system and the spray booth For the auto clear , Tbird ect ? Just not set up to spray the nasty stuff , trying to save what brain cells we have left lol That’s a small price to pay for just the comfort of spraying something that wont kill me , been there done that . I thought I had read somewhere that they were using a water-based polyurethane with the same name ?? I could be wrong. B
« Last Edit: June 29, 2023, 07:59:10 PM by Bryan Adolphe »

Online Stagmitis

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2023, 09:17:07 AM »
Dang! I just noticed thats a quart price! Wonder if theres a flex agent?

Bryan I guess you could spray outside in a tent :)

Stagmitis

Online Kirkll

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2023, 12:04:02 AM »
You forgot to add in the cost of the ventilation system and the spray booth For the auto clear , Tbird ect ? Just not set up to spray the nasty stuff , trying to save what brain cells we have left lol That’s a small price to pay for just the comfort of spraying something that wont kill me , been there done that . I thought I had read somewhere that they were using a water-based polyurethane with the same name ?? I could be wrong. B

Yup…. If you are going to spray high quality durable finishes you pretty much need a spray booth with exhaust fans set up…. But I’ve known a lot of bowyers that just sprayed outside in the open air in good weather….

Btw… I sprayed a lot of T Bird years ago, and it’s expensive, and there is a lot of better options out there that gives you a clear non yellowing product. I got away from epoxy clear coats years ago for that reason.

There are some good water base finishes now days, but they sure don’t have the build up that auto clear coat gives you.  I wouldn’t be breathing that water base stuff in either. You need a good respirator and ventilation for spraying anything.

Kirk
Big Foot Bows
Traditional Archery
[email protected]
http://bigfootbows.com/b/bows/

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©