3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Planning for Nebraska 2024  (Read 625 times)

Online epage_backwards_hat

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Bowhunter - Woodsman
    • Backwards Hat Traditional Lifestyle on YouTube
Planning for Nebraska 2024
« on: July 03, 2023, 10:48:10 PM »
Evening folks! Planning to return to western NE next season to hunt mule deer. I went in 2021 but had a pretty rough time even locating Whitetails in the sand hills… ended up heading back to the eastern half to get on deer.
Long story short… I’m looking for some leads on mulies. I’m not in for trophy animals (as I’m sure most of you are the same) just for some adventure and new country. But being a soul provider for wife and two kids I have to make these trips count the best one can.
So any help or leads folks would be gracious enough to PM me would be incredible. I will return the favor in Missouri!
“Now therefore, take thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, go out to the field, and take some venison for me.” - Genesis 27:3

Offline John3

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Planning for Nebraska 2024
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2023, 06:26:27 PM »
I hunted Antelope near Rushville, NE and i probably saw more Mule Deer than Antelope... The country has plenty of both.   Lots of Mule Deer....!
"There is no excellence in Archery without great labor".  Maurice Thompson 1879

Professional Bowhunters Society--Regular Member
United Bowhunters of Missouri
Compton Life Member #333

Online Trenton G.

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Planning for Nebraska 2024
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2023, 09:53:21 AM »
Last year was supposedly the lowest harvest numbers since 1982. They cut tags hard this year, from 5000 last year to 3000 this year. A nonresident archery tag is no longer good for mule deer in any of the Mule Deer Conservation Areas, which is a very decent chunk of the western public land. It is also no longer legal to shoot does on public. Last year when we were there we saw lots of people and very few deer. We considered going back this year but are moving on to greener pastures I believe.
Not to try and rain on your parade or anything, just figured having realistic expectations is always a good thing.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©