3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Lone Wolf Climber  (Read 2064 times)

Offline Kyle85

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Lone Wolf Climber
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2023, 02:21:39 PM »
Does Novix make a climbing stand?  I couldn't find one on their website.
Rifleman - nope, not that I know of sorry, but their hang-ons are great, and I've worked out a quick system to set them up that I actually like better than a climber.  Jason Samkowiak has a great video on how he gets set up in a tree in like 2 minutes flat and it really helped me work the kinks out of my system. 

However, I will say climbers are better for taking naps in, which is an important consideration for serious hunters like us.   :archer:

Online Wheels2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2023, 08:31:41 AM »
I bought one of these...
https://xopoutdoors.com/collections/hang-on-treestands
Unfortunately I will end up selling it as my wife is not happy about me going back into climbing stands.
Super Curves.....
Covert Hunter Hex9h
Morrison Max 6 ILF
Mountain Muffler strings to keep them quiet
Shoot as much weight as you can with accuracy

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2023, 06:10:15 PM »
I bought one of these...
https://xopoutdoors.com/collections/hang-on-treestands
Unfortunately I will end up selling it as my wife is not happy about me going back into climbing stands.

If  my wife knew what I do in GA, SC, FL, or TX she wouldn't let me leave the house.  This is all hunting related of course.  :readit:
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Steve Jr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2023, 10:10:10 PM »
I'll be secretly using my climbers this year :biglaugh: what she don't know won't hurt her. It'll only hurt if she finds out!
Steve Jr

Stalker Coyote FXT LB 58" & 48#@26"
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Life Member

Online Wheels2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2023, 05:17:52 PM »
I have a XOP sitting in the basement.  As I understand these are made by the son.  The XOP does not have the cam-lock on the climbing belt but uses a pin system that has to be unscrewed upward to clear the belt notches for adjustment.  Slower to use, but it doesn't come loose like the Lone Wolf would sometimes do.
I also have a ladder and a TimberTall so this one sits...
Super Curves.....
Covert Hunter Hex9h
Morrison Max 6 ILF

Offline kbetts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2023, 10:08:33 AM »
I have one ,but haven't used it in a couple of years.  So many better options than a climber these days imo.  Climbing sticks pack better and weigh less than they ever have.  I find myself lower and in more cover these days.
"The overhead view is of me in a maze...you see what I'm hunting a few steps away."  Phish

Offline tracker12

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2023, 10:32:32 AM »
I have 5 LW Hang-ons and well as a LW Assault Climber.  None of them are very comfortable but they just work and I feel secure in the tree.  My old Summit Viper is relegated to use to trim trees in the yard:)
T ZZZZ

Offline LongbowDP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2023, 01:12:12 PM »
I have a LW assault but don’t care for it much. It’s not very stable climbing kinda rickety. It is really quiet though. I don’t use a climber much but prefer the Summit open shot when I do use one. Pretty much the same weight as the Assault climbs better and is more stable in the tree.
Another thing that’s often ignored. While looking for replacement belts for the LW I came across 2 confirmed instances were the belts broke while in use. Neither was operator error and the belts “appeared” to be in good shape, google it if you want. I have never once heard of a Summit cable breaking, and if one has it be on a forum somewhere by now. And that’s not even mentioning the price of the belts or new stands.

Online Wheels2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2023, 07:44:30 AM »
Not sure how many they will sell at that price.  I listed my XOP locally for $250 and no hits.  Treesaddles are the big thing now it seems.  I tried one for a season.  I still had to carry climbing sticks and found it uncomfortable.  Any more I sit in my ladderstand.  They are a lot of work to get into the woods and set up, but that was five years ago...
Super Curves.....
Covert Hunter Hex9h
Morrison Max 6 ILF

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©