3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Magnus Stinger ,,,anyone?  (Read 2301 times)

Online MCNSC

• Trad Bowhunter
Magnus Stinger ,,,anyone?
« on: July 10, 2023, 07:55:17 AM »
Thinking of trying the 4 blade Magnus Stinger or Killer Bee this year. Probably go with the 125 gr and add a 50 gr insert to get up to 175gr. Trying to decide which one to try, The Killer Bee is non vented which I like but I assume something has to be made lighter for them to be the same weight as the Stinger. Anyone use them and care to share your thoughts.  Thanks.
"What was big was not the trout, but the chance. What was full was not my creel, but my memory"
 Aldo Leopold

"It hasn't worked right since I fixed it" My friend Ken talking about his lawn mower

Online BUCKY

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Magnus Stinger ,,,anyone?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2023, 08:29:04 AM »
Killer Bee is a little shorter narrower and thinner. I shoot the 2 blade 150 stinger for about 10 years now. Tried the killer bee and found no difference in flight or penetration. I ll stay with my Stingers.

Offline GCook

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2023, 02:42:40 PM »
I've shot the plain two blade stingers and the one with the bleeder blade.  They fly and perform well.  They come sharp and took very little work to be what I consider hunt sharp. 
I can afford to shoot most any bow I like.  And I like Primal Tech bows.

Online SS Snuffer

• Trad Bowhunter
  • At home in White Oaks and swamps
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2023, 02:57:27 PM »
I have the 150 killer bees but think the furrel is so thick for a two blade I think it will slow penetration down. I'm going back to three blade.

Chuck
Kodiak Mag 52" 41 lb.
Kota Kill-Um 60" 42 lb.
Kanati 58" 38 lb.
Black Hunter Longbow 60" 40 lb.

No Guts - No Story

Online Steelhead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2023, 04:21:41 PM »
I shoot the 2 blade 150 grain.Excellant head.I like the diamond shaped tip alot to prevent tip curl.Mine were sharp from the factory.Good price point on those heads.You can get spare blades as well.

Online MCNSC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2023, 07:56:17 AM »
I may try the Stingers. I bought a longbow off a local guy last year and he gave me a few arrows with broadheads on them. One was the 4 blade stinger, looks like a well made head that should be easy to sharpen. Replaceable blades and made in the USA. 
I think I’ll give them a shot. Would like to try the 150 gr ,but was thinking it might be easier to get to 175 starting with the 125 gr head.
"What was big was not the trout, but the chance. What was full was not my creel, but my memory"
 Aldo Leopold

"It hasn't worked right since I fixed it" My friend Ken talking about his lawn mower

Online Bowguy67

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2023, 07:43:17 AM »
I shoot more wood/glue on heads than not but whenever I use screw on type w carbon arrows it 2 blade stingers. Great solid heads that leave good trails.
62” Robertson Primal Overdrive 57lbs
62” Robertson Primal Overdrive 52lbs
62” Robertson Primal Overdrive 53lbs
62” Robertson Fatal Styx 47lbs
64” Toelke Whip 52lbs
58” Black Widow PSA 64lbs
62” Black Widow PSA 54lbs
60” Bighorn Grand Slam 60lbs
60” Bear Kodiak Hunter 50lbs painted black. My uncles bow. He may be gone but his spirit isn’t. Bow will hunt again
52” Bear Kodiak Magnum 50lbs

Online supernaut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2023, 09:29:02 AM »
I am very happy with the 125 grain Stinger 2 blades.

I shot them for the first time last season and this arrow ended up on the other side of a nice doe that only ran about 30 yards after the shot.

I'll be hunting with them again this coming season.

Hard to beat an American made product with a lifetime warranty IMO.
Prayer changes things.

If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough.

Online elkken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2023, 12:25:39 PM »
I have used the 150 grn 4 blade stinger, last critter I shot with one was an antelope at about 12 yards. It was a complete pass through and my arrow went another 27 yards !

I was shooting a 49# Caribou long bow and Easton 500 trads
Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Trenton G.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2023, 02:00:46 PM »
I used the stinger buzzcuts when I shot compound. Great heads, extremely sharp out of the package. I was shooting 45 pounds with a shorter draw length as a kid and still got complete pass throughs with the 85 grain and 100 grain models. (Without the bleeder blades)

Offline 30coupe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2023, 02:04:51 PM »
I've used 4 blade Stingers, Black Hornet Serazors (compound bow), and 150 grain two blade Stinger Buzzcuts. I have no complaints what-so-ever. I plan to use the 150 grain Buzzcuts again this year. Mike's customer service is second to none. The 4 blade Stinger is like a much improved version of the old Bear Razorheads. I'm not sure how necessary the serrations are, but I've had such great success with them, I'm not going to change any time soon.
Kanati 58" 44# @ 28" Green glass on a green riser
Bear Kodiak Magnum 52" 45# @ 28"
Bodnik Slick Stick longbow 58" 40# @ 28"
Bodnik Kiowa 52" 45# @ 28"
Kanati 58" 46# @ 28" R.I.P (2007-2015)
Self-made Silk backed Hickory Board bow 67" 49# @ 28"
Bear Black Bear 60" 45# @28"
NRA Life Member

Offline BRONZ

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2023, 08:25:25 PM »
I don't have experience with Hornets, but highly recommend the Stingers. I've shot the ones with bleeders and have gotten a pass thru on every deer I've hit with one. 46# recurve BTW.
I've sent heads back to Magnus and I have a new head at my door in 7 days...no questions asked. Mike Sohm is GOOD people!
"He trains my hands for battle; my arms can bend a bow of bronze."
2 Samuel 22:35

Wheatland Christian Bowhunters--Chairman

Offline ESP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2023, 09:26:56 PM »
Can’t recommend the stinger buzzcut 4 blade enough.  My go to for 125 grain heads.  Will fly if you’re somewhere close to being tuned, sharp and leave a decent blood trail. 

Online MUZZLEBOW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2023, 02:58:33 PM »
I’ve been using the 150 gr. 4 blades for several years & can’t say enough about how good they are. I also have a 45 gr. insert included & I’m shooting around 43 lbs. at my draw. Shot these two ten minutes apart a while back with both arrows stuck in the ground after pass thrus! Great heads for sure!!!

Online MUZZLEBOW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2023, 03:11:58 PM »
…also got good penetration with no failure into a tree while Elk hunting in Utah. Needless to say, the bull got away! :biglaugh:

Online MCNSC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2023, 08:22:58 PM »
Just ordered a pack of 150 gr 4 blades, if they shoot good and sharpen up like I think they will I’ll order another pack.
Thanks for all the positive comments on them.
 Aldo Leopold

Offline tracker12

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2023, 08:34:00 PM »
ALL I USE is 4 blade 150 grain Magnus Stinger. 
T ZZZZ

Offline Rogue Elk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2023, 11:52:21 PM »
Add me to the Stinger bandwagon

Offline NinjaVanish

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2023, 10:40:47 AM »
I'm committing to giving the 150 4 blade buzzcuts a try this year after seeing how well they flew out of my compound out to 50 yards. Screwed one on to my 55# LB setup, and they fly so dang well. Gonna have to give them a whirl. I'll report back after I stick one.

Dead horse here, but Mike is just awesome. I sent him pics of a couple buggered up 125 heads (ser razor and a 125 2 blade buzzcut) and requested that the replacements be of the 150 4 bl buzzcut variety. No questions asked and had two new heads a few days later.

Online MCNSC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2023, 11:43:47 AM »
I’ve been shootings one for a few days , 150 gr with an extra 50 gr insert. So about 200 gr. Shoots great and holding up well, even the bleaders are holding up.
I’ll be hunting with them this year for sure. 
 Aldo Leopold

Users currently browsing this topic:

Jeff Mccarthy and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©