3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Cancer Stinks! But...  (Read 1760 times)

Offline Wudstix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Wood arrows & D/R Longbows Rule!!!
Re: Cancer Stinks! But...
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2023, 11:40:33 AM »
Nice course.  Look forward to meeting you at LTR.
 :campfire: :coffee: :archer2: :campfire:
"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space!!!" - Me

Psalms 121: 1-3 - King David

60" Big River 67#@28"              
60" MOAB D/R LB 62#@27"
60" Big River D/R LB 65#@27"
62" Kota Badlands LB 72#@28"
62" Howatt TD 62#@28
58” Bear Grizzly 70#@28”
62" Big River D/R LB 60#@30"
66" Moosejaw Razorback LB 60#@28"

"Memento Mori"
PBS - Associate Member
Retired DoD Civ 1985-2019

Online stagetek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2023, 12:32:42 PM »
Hang in there. God Bless !

Online Al Dente

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2023, 12:44:18 PM »
Congratulations and prayers for your continued recovery.  Look forward and stay positive.  May God's hand rest upon your shoulder.
BOD Member
Past President
Life Member
New York Bowhunters, Inc.
>>>>------------------------>

Offline varmint101

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2023, 12:53:28 PM »
May you get to enjoy the smells of cedar and string wax for years to come! God bless and that's a fine looking '59!
Bless The Lord, O My Soul!

Member:
Indiana Bowhunter Association
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society

Online Ken Taylor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2023, 02:04:39 PM »
Thoughts and prayers sent from Waskaganish in northern Quebec.

You seem to be a very nice and optimistic person. Great to hear that you can once again enjoy the outdoors.

Thank you sincerely for posting your story.

No comparison, but I have an appointment coming up with an oncologist to begin radiation treatment for my prostate cancer.
May your next adventure lighten your heart, test your spirit, and nourish your soul.

Offline Stinger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2023, 04:08:30 PM »
Pete, I’m convinced that it’s a positive attitude that makes the difference.  You obviously have that.  I am happy for your outcome and hope for your continued progress.
I went in for a fairly routine MRI for some lower back pain in Jan 2022.  It showed sciatica and some disc degeneration, but the doc called me and told me that the MRI showed a large mass in my right kidney and they needed to do a CT scan immediately.  Two days later they diagnosed the very large mass as cancer.  Two days after that they did a CT scan of my chest and found numerous spots in my lungs and lymph nodes.  I had absolutely normal blood work and felt perfectly fine.  I was floored to find out I had advanced stage 4 renal cancer.  I agree with you - hearing that sort of knocks you you down hard.  They quickly formed an exceptional team of doctors and the lead oncologist ordered up an immunotherapy regimen.  Renal cancer does not respond to chemo or radiation. I was determined that I could beat this and didn’t want to hear about life expectancy predictions.  The drugs are new enough anyway that the studies those are based on are irrelevant. I specifically stayed off the internet reading all the nonsense that is out there on treatments and longevity and focused on listening to the doctors and getting through the treatments.  By June I had enough of the infusions that my body could endure no more.  The drugs had destroyed my thyroid and adrenal system.  No big deal as those can be controlled with meds.  I worked like crazy to get in the best shape I could given the circumstances and was able to do an elk hunt in New Mexico in October.  That was with a rifle because I just didn’t have the proficiency with a bow.  Two weeks after the hunt, they removed my right kidney.

Okay, long winded, but in March they did CT scans of my abdomen and chest and found no evidence of the disease anywhere!  I truly believe a positive attitude and the prayers of many helped me I immensely.  Oh yeah, the tremendous advances in cancer treatments these past few years have made a huge difference in people living long and fruitful lives.  I am not cured and know that it could come back at any time, but I chose now to live life to the fullest.  Seems to be just what you are doing and I applaud you for it!

Offline JR Chambers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2023, 12:39:14 PM »
God Bless you guys.

Online Phillip Fields

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2023, 02:01:19 PM »
In Sept 2015 Drs. discovered a large mass in my left kidney. It turned out to be cancer and the Drs. removed the kidney. The Drs. were sure they had removed all the cancer. Fast forward 5 years of clean MRIs/Cat Scans and the Dr. thought she saw something on the scan done in December 2020. They did a follow up scan and found definite signs of abnormalities in my lungs. They did a biopsy and in Feb, 2021 I was told that kidney cancer had metastasized to my lungs.

They started me on immunotherapy. I was on the first course for several months until my body would no longer tolerate that particular drug. Since then the drugs have been changed several times and I'm tolerating the current ones fairly well. In Dec 2022 it was determined that the kidney cancer had further metastasized to my pancreas and bones. Even though I had the metastasizes to my pancreas and bones, the metastases to my lungs had gotten no worse and some tumors had shrunk. I had radiation treatment on my bones. Latest MRIs/Cat Scans/Bone Scans indicate that I am either maintaining or improving. I'm still a long way from being out of the woods but with continued prayers and support from family and friends I will continue the fight.

I didn't hunt during the 2022 season, but am hoping to get out there for this season. I did manage to do a hog hunt in Texas back in April
Keep em Sharp!

Offline Maclean

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2023, 02:49:04 PM »
Cancer is the scourge of humanity.

Sending prayers of strength and healing. Hang in there!
Toelke Chinook 58" 52@28
Toelke Pika 54" 50@28
Toelke Whip 64" 42@28
Java Man Elkheart Magnum 52" 48@28
Centaur Longbow 60" 50@28
Black Widow PL III 62" 53@28

Idaho Traditional Bowhunters
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Backcountry Hunters and Anglers

Offline PASQUINELL

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2023, 05:01:39 PM »
Phillip stay positive. Take each day he gives us as a thank you of sorts. I go on August 7th for a CT scan echocardiogram and a blood draw to see where I'm at.  I take Chemo every day and it is whacking my organs but what choice do I have? Stop Chemo and open door for cancer or pound the other organs. I to went on Keytruda which was a game changer for me but after a year it messed with my skin so bad the doctor had to stop prescribing it for me.

I bought a Kodiak a few weeks ago and plan on climbing my ladder stand again come October. I could care less if I shoot a deer and will  enjoy what God is  giving me each and every sit I do. Hang in there guys and stay as positive as you can . Give thanks for each day we are up and doing our thing.
"I can skin a GRIZZ as fast as you can catch um"...HA! stay right there pilgrim I'll be back!
JOHN 3:16

Offline hawkeye n pa

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2023, 07:46:31 PM »
Prayers for you and stay strong, you can do this!
Jeff
>>>>---------->
Fear of the Lord is the beginning of Wisdom.

Online Bowguy67

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2023, 07:58:06 AM »
That’s really awesome! Thank God. I also believe in the positive attitude yielding positive results. You’ve all heard my story so I’ll spare you but here’s another. (Someone is reading that needs to hear more stories like this)
A friend was diagnosed with a brain tumor. They gave him 2 years. At 4 years he was completely blind and in a wheel chair living with his mom. This was a very independent successful man. They said nothing could be done. Well My buddy can see, walk, drive, is back to work, and cancer free. It’s now 5 years. He said cancer wasn’t getting him the whole time. Please guys anyone who is in doubt and worried about an outcome that negative energy brings bad results.
62” Robertson Primal Overdrive 57lbs
62” Robertson Primal Overdrive 52lbs
62” Robertson Primal Overdrive 53lbs
62” Robertson Fatal Styx 47lbs
64” Toelke Whip 52lbs
58” Black Widow PSA 64lbs
62” Black Widow PSA 54lbs
60” Bighorn Grand Slam 60lbs
60” Bear Kodiak Hunter 50lbs painted black. My uncles bow. He may be gone but his spirit isn’t. Bow will hunt again
52” Bear Kodiak Magnum 50lbs

Offline David McLendon

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2023, 10:33:50 PM »
Cancer does suck, I'm not happy with it either, but I chose not to be a victim.  I have cancer, but cancer does not have me.
Lefties are the only ones who hold the bow in the right hand.

Offline TGbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2023, 11:20:37 AM »
Prayers for your recovery. Glad you are shooting again.

Offline blacktailchaser

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2023, 02:46:24 PM »
yes it does...i am glad to hear you are doing better...i dont want to take over your topic BUT i am on my 5th year of recovery with tonsil cancer...in fact this is the year i get to hear you are fully recoverd....just good to hear some good results from cancer...it can be a bad thing for most people BUT i all so think there is blessings in the world of cancer and i am thinking you are probley living life differant...great looking bow i have wanted one for along time...but i want all the trad bow out there..LOL..BLESSINGS john

Offline PASQUINELL

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2023, 04:34:39 PM »
That's great to hear John! 5 years... awesome!

Well I'm now in the market for a light poundage Long Bow.  I like a one piece with a small shelf.... may need a place to live when the wife gets the Cc bills for arrows I've ordered etc! Gotta have a Long Bow though!!!! :biglaugh:
"I can skin a GRIZZ as fast as you can catch um"...HA! stay right there pilgrim I'll be back!
JOHN 3:16

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©