3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Shopping for LB now  (Read 848 times)

Offline PASQUINELL

• Trad Bowhunter
Shopping for LB now
« on: July 24, 2023, 10:56:12 PM »
Soooo I have my new light poundage 59 Kodiak Recurve that I’m really enjoying. But of corse I now need a LB to go with it!!!

I’m strarting to look and shop around, one name I remembered from the past was Dwyer long bow, anyone know whatever happened to them.

Great Nothern has my attention
"I can skin a GRIZZ as fast as you can catch um"...HA! stay right there pilgrim I'll be back!
JOHN 3:16

Offline Alexander Traditional

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Shopping for LB now
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2023, 12:33:38 AM »
Dwyer is not taking orders anymore. I had a deposit in,and they were hard to get a hold of. I went a different route.

I have a Holm Made 43@28 I would give you since you are in such a predicament. Let me know if it will work?

Offline Steelhead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2023, 04:22:52 PM »
Did Rick just offer to give you a longbow?A Holm made.If so its your lucky day :)

Yaa the Dwyers arew not really building bows currantly it looks like form what I have heard.

The great Northerns you asked about are great bows IMO.

I liked the 64 inch Critter Gitter,Bushbow and the Fireball.

Offline PASQUINELL

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2023, 04:56:31 PM »
Yes, I am humbled at the offer. I don't know alot about the Holm bow but from what I read, he was a great Bowyer. Until I can build muscle again, the lighter bows are for me.
"I can skin a GRIZZ as fast as you can catch um"...HA! stay right there pilgrim I'll be back!

Offline Steelhead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2023, 05:04:06 PM »
Awesome!

Holm Made made very nice longbows.Like 3 or 4 models.Anyone of them will be a great bow for you.

Congrats to you and a big shoutout to Mr. Alexander for his generocity!

Offline RIVERWOLF

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2023, 10:35:11 AM »
"""Soooo I have my new light poundage 59 Kodiak Recurve that I’m really enjoying. But of corse I now need a LB to go with it!!!

I’m strarting to look and shop around, one name I remembered from the past was Dwyer long bow, anyone know whatever happened to them.

Great Nothern has my attention""""

Unsure this would be any help , but....
How are you with the Kodiak Grip ?
If that fits you well , I would look for or order something similar ...several custom bowyers that likely can get pretty close...some that likely won't ;^) Some folks can switch from one style grip to another with little adjustment , but some can't .

Imho the grip is the deal maker/breaker , that is why I shine light upon it ;)
Bear archery sells the Ausable R/D longbow that has a similar grip style and readily available  if you want to go off the shelf ;^)

JD Berry grip looks real close as well....That said , Big Jim , Great Northern, Kirk of Bigfoot bows , and many others can/will build you a sweet Longbow with a grip how you like it .

Also  lots of choices like 3Rivers ......The options can be overwhelming to say the least...in a good way ;)

Best with your quest my friend !
« Last Edit: July 27, 2023, 11:19:31 AM by RIVERWOLF »
Arrows are the Life-Blood of a hunt........They need a safe place to be until called upon  !
Ralph"Riverwolf"Webb
>>>----------------->

Offline PASQUINELL

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2023, 10:43:49 AM »
Thank you for the information River!  Chemo has taken its toll on my hair but seeing all the LB information and wanting all of the bows is getting the rest of it!!! HA

Shout out to Alexander and his generosity!!!

Offline RIVERWOLF

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2023, 11:35:37 AM »
Great to hear you are on the mend my friend . Continued good health ! 
Watching our arrows fly is always "Good Medicine" .

Best with your quest ! :campfire:
Arrows are the Life-Blood of a hunt........They need a safe place to be until called upon  !
Ralph"Riverwolf"Webb
>>>----------------->

Offline Alexander Traditional

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2023, 06:44:26 PM »
Hey Pete,check your pm's.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©