3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Waldrop pacseat  (Read 4138 times)

Offline thumper-tx

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Waldrop pacseat
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2023, 12:22:09 PM »
Are any of you changing out the shoulder straps?  They are just a single unpadded nylon strap . I put a old set of straps from a Camp Trails backpack on mine and much prefer it.

Online MCNSC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2023, 03:57:17 PM »
I had one on the hammock seats a while back. While it is light and packs up small the one I had was noisy, meaning the material it was made from was noisy. Hopefully they have fixed that issue with them. I keep looking at the packseats, one of these days I’ll probably get one. I’d have one if they took PayPal but that’s not an option.
"What was big was not the trout, but the chance. What was full was not my creel, but my memory"
 Aldo Leopold

"It hasn't worked right since I fixed it" My friend Ken talking about his lawn mower

Offline Radford

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2023, 06:49:46 PM »
I bought the low down hammock seat and received it on Friday. After two or three try’s I think it will work well as long as the material quiets down. It’s too noisy for longbow hunting.
McBroom reverse handle asl

Offline huntin_sparty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2023, 08:58:04 AM »
If you use just the shoulder straps on chair I did have it clip my heel of boot or catch going through rough stuff or over deadfalls.  The fix I added from an army navy surplus a molle waist belt to chair as well as shoulder straps and that fixed it right up.  Can use as improvised pack frame now. 
More bows than I should have!
Michigan Traditional Bowhunters

Online MCNSC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2023, 09:14:24 AM »
Anyone actually use the Packseat to pack out game? I have the Millinium Tree seat that is light and very comfortable, but , I keep finding spots I want to hunt and feel the Packseat would be a better option. I’m looking at hunting packs but wondering if the Packseat would do both.
"What was big was not the trout, but the chance. What was full was not my creel, but my memory"
 Aldo Leopold

"It hasn't worked right since I fixed it" My friend Ken talking about his lawn mower

Online Michael Guran

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2023, 07:34:05 AM »
Hey Mike.  I have the original seat, so it doesn’t convert to a packing shelf, but it is definitely comfortable with some weight in it.  I have loaded the game bag up for some all day cold sits here in the mountains with jackets, food, drinks, my Simmons quiver mounted on it, etc.  I never weighed it but I’m guessing I’ve had at least 20lbs of stuff in the sack and it’s plenty comfortable walking these steep hills.  I tried connecting various packs and haversacks to the frame, but found that just using the game bag as a pack works better for me.  Highly recommend them.  I’ll bring it on our next hunt if you want to check it out…

Offline Wudstix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Wood arrows & D/R Longbows Rule!!!
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2023, 12:48:02 PM »
I have used the pack seat as a pack frame, leashed hammock, camping gear, extra clothing for a couple day hog hunt.  Roughly 5-6 mile hike in and bring heavy duty garbage bags to haul out hog meat/quarters or just prime cuts.  Have the game bag and that helps.
 :campfire: :coffee: :archer2: :campfire:
"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space!!!" - Me

Psalms 121: 1-3 - King David

60" Big River 67#@28"              
60" MOAB D/R LB 62#@27"
60" Big River D/R LB 65#@27"
62" Kota Badlands LB 72#@28"
62" Howatt TD 62#@28
58” Bear Grizzly 70#@28”
62" Big River D/R LB 60#@30"
66" Moosejaw Razorback LB 60#@28"

"Memento Mori"
PBS - Associate Member
Retired DoD Civ 1985-2019

Offline Longrifleman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2023, 07:19:59 PM »
I absolutely LOVE mine!

Online MCNSC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2023, 10:03:55 PM »
Michael, yes if you are down this way sometimes please bring the chair.  It would be nice to try one before purchasing.   Thanks.
 Aldo Leopold

Offline BOHO

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2023, 08:08:06 PM »
I had him make me one in a larger size cause I’m fat. It’s comfy and definitely one of the best options out there. I’ve since lost my place to hunt.
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow
Black Widow Recurve
Mike Corby Special
DAS Recurve

Offline Tajue17

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2023, 06:38:30 PM »
love my waldrop,,  but!!!!     twice the hunt started fine until I woke up after dark spooked out of my boots because until your brain wakes up you have no idea where you are.....  :shaka:
"Us vs Them"

Online MCNSC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2023, 08:42:17 PM »
Ted , I’ve dozed quite a bit in a Millinium tree seat , woke up wondering where I’m at.
 Can’t say I’ve ever fell asleep in a tree stand , which is probably a good thing.
 I placed an order for a Packseat a couple days ago. Was told about 2 1/2 weeks for delivery ( powder coating vender had been down ) anyway I started to order one last year but glad I waited. Price is lower and seems they made a couple of improvements, better shoulder straps and the seat folds out the back to make a shelf making it more “ pack “ friendly. Looking forward to putting it to use this fall.
 Aldo Leopold

Offline varmint101

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2023, 08:06:36 AM »
I think it's pretty intriguing!  I too have the Millennium seat and it works well, but I like the idea of the Waldrop too.  I won the seat though so I didn't exactly choose one or the other lol. 

Jason Samkowiak did a review on the Waldrop recently too. He did rave about it!

https://youtu.be/01Fgg8rg40U?si=KmLQ648NhjuuEnD2
Bless The Lord, O My Soul!

Member:
Indiana Bowhunter Association
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society

Online jimmytidmore

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2023, 08:24:50 AM »
I haven’t hunted out of mine yet—just arrived a week or so ago. So take my thoughts for what they’re worth. But it’s well designed and well made—not to mention very light. I always hunt with a backpack, and it’s a cinch to attach one to the pacseat. I’ve also found it very easy to shoot my bow from while seated. Easy to shoot while carrying it on your back too. Looking forward to using it this fall.

Offline bama

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2023, 08:38:06 AM »
https://youtu.be/01Fgg8rg40U?si=69YCI-8nPDLzV0dt
Jason Samkowiaks review worth watching

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2023, 08:35:34 PM »
 [ Invalid Attachment ]
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2023, 12:37:03 PM »
The new ones do have a fold down pack our frame shelf.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Michpatriot

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2023, 04:32:50 PM »
Ugggg..the wait is killing me! :knothead:

Online mgf

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2023, 05:17:57 AM »
Me too. They told me two weeks but it's been almost three and I haven't heard anything.

Offline toddster

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2023, 11:09:12 AM »
I have hunted with Daves seat for few years now.  Like everyone else said, over the Decades of using all kinds of chairs, this is by far the best in my opinion.  It is light, portable, quiet and comfortable, I sat on few all day hunts with it.  It is easily customizable, through a pack on it or side quiver.  I added a pack, with few PVC painted ground brush stakes, a ground stake for bow holder, then my dressing kit.  I am ready to go anywhere at anytime.  The only thing I would change on it, would be actual shoulder packing straps, which I did, but other than my bow, my favorite hunting tool.  Great for camping, bonfire, cookouts too.  Just do not let spouse or others sit in it, lol.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©