3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Gopro camera set  (Read 684 times)

Offline Lefty

• Trad Bowhunter
Gopro camera set
« on: August 08, 2023, 10:53:09 PM »
For those of you that film your hunts.  What should I set my Gopro settings at?  I am using a GP 8 and want to be able to see shoot placement and share some footage with my friends and family.  Not looking to make a hunting video.  My shoots are inside 30 yards and my camera is on a head mount strap,

Offline Archie

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Gopro camera set
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2023, 05:29:21 PM »

Life is a whole lot easier when you just plow around the stump.

2006  64" Black Widow PMA
2009  66" Black Widow PLX
2023  56" Cascade Archery Whitetail Hawk
2023  52" Cascade Archery Golden Hawk Magnum

Offline JamesD

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2023, 06:52:10 PM »
You might also check out Clay Haye’s YouTube channel. He films a lot with a GoPro. I’m not certain if he does or does not have an instructional video concerning camera setup.
Regular PBS Member

Online Bowguy67

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2023, 12:58:47 PM »
If you don’t have a go pro I wouldn’t advise it. Everything looks so far. 30 yards looks way out there. You’ll not see anything
62” Robertson Primal Overdrive 57lbs
62” Robertson Primal Overdrive 52lbs
62” Robertson Primal Overdrive 53lbs
62” Robertson Fatal Styx 47lbs
64” Toelke Whip 52lbs
58” Black Widow PSA 64lbs
62” Black Widow PSA 54lbs
60” Bighorn Grand Slam 60lbs
60” Bear Kodiak Hunter 50lbs painted black. My uncles bow. He may be gone but his spirit isn’t. Bow will hunt again
52” Bear Kodiak Magnum 50lbs

Online Bowguy67

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2023, 06:30:32 PM »
Lefty for kicks, shoot a 3D target at 25-30, see if you can see your shot. I have a hero 10. I don’t use cinematic cause it’s too small, I use horizon leveling and standard or activity setting. Standard gives a lot closer view but it’s narrow. My go pro doesn’t have the fish eye some older ones do. I think the camera is good for certain things. I use it to tune arrows, to record my girls face when I scare the pee out of her. Amusing. I just can’t find a good reason to carry it hunting except I may try setting it on a tripod and using the wireless function to turn on under a turkey deke to close range reaction clips. I’ve tried, best I’ve done is time lapses and time warps. That’s def cool and a neat part of a video. I know you don’t want you say to make real videos but many apps are free and do pretty good at splicing dif clips. Starting out with a time lapse leading into a morn hunt then videoing a shot might be cool.  Time lapse/time warp are real easy and night shots are awesome. Again on a hero 10, can’t say about 8. During the day recording hunts I’d use a real camera and starting out maybe a good camcorder, one the can film low light. An iPhone imo would be better than go pro and show shots much clearer. They sell cheap phone adapters that could help you. Sony and Canon both sell decent camcorders thatre pretty easy to use. Some pretty affordable  The go pro might be a good over the arrow type thing, showing tracking, after pics though night tracks would be better w a real camera and light, etc  but for showing shot placement? I think I’d pass especially with the older ones. Hope that’s a better answer for you
62” Robertson Primal Overdrive 57lbs
62” Robertson Primal Overdrive 52lbs
62” Robertson Primal Overdrive 53lbs
62” Robertson Fatal Styx 47lbs
64” Toelke Whip 52lbs
58” Black Widow PSA 64lbs
62” Black Widow PSA 54lbs
60” Bighorn Grand Slam 60lbs
60” Bear Kodiak Hunter 50lbs painted black. My uncles bow. He may be gone but his spirit isn’t. Bow will hunt again
52” Bear Kodiak Magnum 50lbs

Online trad_bowhunter1965

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2023, 09:40:04 AM »
DITTO on what Archie posted
" I am driven by those thing that rouse my traditional sense of archery and Bowhunting" G Fred Asbell

Trad Gang Hall of Fame
Yellowstone Longbows
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society Associate Member
Retired 38 years DoD civilian.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©