3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Recurve shooters - need some input  (Read 666 times)

Offline eagle24

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Recurve shooters - need some input
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2008, 05:24:00 PM »
Originally posted by AMB:
Greg,

You have slap lost your longbow mind haven't you!
I wondered how long it would take for you to see this and start giving me grief.  :p  

If my wife needs to know, I can handle telling her myself.  :thumbsup:

Offline JiminTexas

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2008, 08:26:00 PM »
Quinn Longhorn Classic. For the price of anything listed so far you can buy two or three of them. They are great shooting bows made of top quality woods with impecable craftsmanship.
Younger money, faster whiskey, older women and more horses.....or something like that..

Offline kmac2216

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2008, 12:06:00 PM »
In this bow hunters mind the finest recurve bow made has to be the BlackTail ,fast smooth and quiet.
Blacktail Bows
1655 Decker Point Road
Reedsport, Oregon 97467-8728 USA
(541) 271-2585

Offline DeerSpotter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2008, 12:44:00 PM »
I was shooting my Bob Lee " Hunter " three-piece takedown that is set up that 56" 42# @ 29" it was shooting arrows at 186 fps and the arrow weight is 435 g.  I thought that was pretty decent speed for that low poundage bow.  And you can't beat the price.

Pastor Carl
--------------------------
 Heb.13:5-6

Offline Grant Young

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2008, 12:57:00 PM »
Greg, I've shot the same old Bear B riser TDs for a very long time. The only bows of recent vintage that I've looked at, shot, and considered switching to were Morrisons and Borders, with a slight edge to the Morrison because of the grip. That said, there's a ton of good recurves out there with the qualities that you stressed. Good luck in your search. (Morrison, Morrison, Morrison)     Grant

Offline mooseman76

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2008, 01:57:00 PM »
My choice is a 60" Black Widow PSA.  I like the riser weight and the Asbell grip just fits me like a glove.  That said, I've yet to try out a Morrison Cheyenne.  I tried to get my hands on one a month or so ago, now I think I better wait till I got a little more money in my "bow kittie".  I doubt you'd go wrong with any of the choices here, but I'd be sure to shoot em first.  Just my $.02...Mike

Offline sgrogg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2008, 09:00:00 PM »
Great Plains SR Swift

Offline sgrogg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2008, 09:05:00 PM »
Originally posted by sgrogg:
Great Plains SR Swift

Offline Jedimaster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2008, 09:29:00 PM »
Originally posted by eagle24:
I want a takedown with decent riser mass, but not a boat anchor.  Gotta have something dead in the hand, fast, and quiet.
I have to agree with JC.  I have been shooting the Shawnee with the foam/carbon limbs and it is all that he says it is.  To my estimation it is considerably lighter and more svelt than the Black Widow.  I like the Widow's but I also shoot well with the boat anchor's.  I know alot of the bows mentioned would fit your needs and I like them too but the Morrison's fit your qualifications exactly.
Do or do not ... there is no "try"

Cum catapulatae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2008, 10:14:00 PM »
I have a Blacktail and a Black Widow PSA III with the same poundage.  The Blacktail is 60" the Widow is 58".  Very similar performance.  The Blacktail is definitely a much smoother drawing bow and the Widow is a lot heavier weight wise.
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline Desperado

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2008, 10:48:00 PM »
Greg....Black Widows didn't get their reputation by accident.Go with a Widow and when you draw your first blood, you will be glad you chose BW.
Having said that,after all, they do make chocolate, vanilla, strawberry and Chunky Monkey ice cream for those with different tastes. For my taste, it doesn't get any sweeter than a Widow. Cotton

Offline Plywood Bender-laptop

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2008, 12:44:00 AM »
I'm a Ballistik fan myself.  Just enough mass but definitely not heavy, and very fast and very quiet.

Offline B4NZ41

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2008, 12:28:00 PM »
My draw length is about 29ish as well, and I shoot a 52" Bear kodiak magnum. It's not a 3p, but it is a recurve.  :D  It shoots fine and I like how quiet it is for a recurve. Plus with the small limbs I can shoot it easily while sitting flat on the ground.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©