Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: Just a little left.  (Read 2337 times)

Offline Boondocks

• Trad Bowhunter
Just a little left.
« on: August 13, 2023, 03:41:07 PM »
Hey y’all, I got a new Black Widow PSA and I have been painstakingly building arrows for it. Bareshafting out to 18 yds I think I have found the magic combo.  Nock perfect left to right and barely high. My concern is this, I shoot a little left. Like Always!  I am grouping within a tennis ball at 18yds and my fletched arrows are grouping with the bareshafts. My old bow, (same poundage) was a little left also. I’m talking like 3-4 inches but consistent. Is it time for me to just hold a little right with my recurve and accept my fate or is there anything else I could consider. FYI -I have tried 4 different bows and 4 different Black Widow PSA demos each with a different grip (standard, low, Snyder and now Cooling). I’ve tried different ways of gripping and release. I have always shot left. Are my eyes just wonky???  Any ideas?  Thanks!

p.s.- I have shot competition compound for years with zero issues with a sight so I don’t think it’s just a mental thing)

Online Pine

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Just a little left.
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2023, 04:15:42 PM »
Cant your bow over to about 45° and see if it comes over.
Byron Ferguson says to draw a vertical line on paper and adjust the cant until you hit close to the line.
It's easier to fool someone than to convince them they have been fooled. Mark Twain

If you're afraid to offend, you can't be honest.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Boondocks

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Just a little left.
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2023, 05:51:25 PM »
Never mind. I just slow motion videoed a few shots and the back of the arrow is hitting the shelf so bad I’m surprised it stayed on the target. I’ve got a whole new set of problems. Ugh

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©