3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Zvers Longbow  (Read 1229 times)

Offline Todd McDiffitt

• Trad Bowhunter
Zvers Longbow
« on: August 23, 2023, 08:53:50 PM »
I was sending this out to Jim Neaves at Centaur to have him stipple and carve on the grip and USPS somehow “lost”, “misplaced”, “stolen” my brand new bow. So I’m just asking if anyone sees it for sale somewhere on the web to please message me. It’s a lefty, 66” 42@28. Mostly all black FR4 with tan accents. Thanks

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Zvers Longbow
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2023, 07:46:48 AM »
Man that sucks. Did you insure it with USPS?  If so, are you getting any resistance?  I hear horror stories about USPS and insurance claims.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Todd McDiffitt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2023, 08:26:47 AM »
Yes, I insured it, it’s been one month, I haven’t filed my claim yet. I’m going to tonight when I get home. It was scanned at Warrendale PA facility on July 22nd and hasn’t been seen since.  Don’t really care about the money, just want bow back but obviously will file a claim.

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2023, 08:36:59 AM »
Talk to your postmaster , mine seemed to be able to make stuff happen when I couldn’t.

You gotta jump thru a lotta hoops to get any insurance most times…
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Offline Todd McDiffitt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2023, 08:51:14 AM »
Yep, did that on several occasions. They filled out forms that I had already, still zero responses. It even states when you fill out the forms that they will be in touch within 2-3 days but I’ve filled out every form they have with no replies at all. I even talked to the postmaster in Hamilton MT where the bow was supposed to end up and he tried some things with no results.

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2023, 09:01:09 AM »
That just sucks!!  Hope they come up with it...
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Offline Maclean

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2023, 04:09:11 PM »
What a bummer. I sincerely hope that your bow shows up somewhere. This is just unacceptable.

Reading posts like this makes me absolutely paranoid about shipping or receiving a bow through any of the big three; USPS, FedEx, or UPS.
Toelke Chinook 58" 52@28
Toelke Pika 54" 50@28
Toelke Whip 64" 42@28
Java Man Elkheart Magnum 52" 48@28
Centaur Longbow 60" 50@28
Black Widow PL III 62" 53@28

Idaho Traditional Bowhunters
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Backcountry Hunters and Anglers

Offline Todd McDiffitt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2023, 04:19:49 PM »
I have very little faith that it will show up. It’s been a full month with zero interest from USPS! It’s inside a 6 ft long black corrugated drain pipe for protection. It weighs over 6 lbs. There is an envelope inside with my name, address, and phone number. I’m told lost packages are sent to a large warehouse in Atlanta and after 60 days they are auctioned off to the public! This particular warehouse gets over 60 million “lost” a year.

Offline Maclean

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2023, 04:29:21 PM »
I have very little faith that it will show up. It’s been a full month with zero interest from USPS! It’s inside a 6 ft long black corrugated drain pipe for protection. It weighs over 6 lbs. There is an envelope inside with my name, address, and phone number. I’m told lost packages are sent to a large warehouse in Atlanta and after 60 days they are auctioned off to the public! This particular warehouse gets over 60 million “lost” a year.

Well that doesn't sound like the USPS is losing the packages at all, redirecting them to the auction warehouse in  Atlanta is more like it. And where is the money from those 60 million auctioned packages going? To the USPS? Sounds like theft to me.
Toelke Chinook 58" 52@28
Toelke Pika 54" 50@28
Toelke Whip 64" 42@28
Java Man Elkheart Magnum 52" 48@28
Centaur Longbow 60" 50@28
Black Widow PL III 62" 53@28

Idaho Traditional Bowhunters
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Backcountry Hunters and Anglers

Offline Todd McDiffitt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2023, 10:54:51 AM »
It’s been 37 days now with not a single reply from USPS.

Offline blacktailbob

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
    • Island Graphics Inc.
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2023, 11:24:46 AM »
37 days is one thing but the fact that USPS has never replied to any of the correspondence would have me calling my local news station that has a reporter that loves
to work for the little people on all kinds of unprofessional cases.

Nobody wants bad publicity on TV
[email protected]

Islandgraphicsfl.com

Online dbeaver

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2023, 11:51:33 AM »
I'm a machine tech with the postal service and with the hiring practices and lack of training for the mail handlers I'm not surprised by this. Supervisors get promoted to keep the status quo, I've seen a specifically heavy decline in delivery practices in the last 3 years.

Offline MCNSC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2023, 08:20:51 PM »
 Hope you can get some satisfaction from USPS . Losing a package is one thing, but that level of “ service” is unacceptable.
"What was big was not the trout, but the chance. What was full was not my creel, but my memory"
 Aldo Leopold

"It hasn't worked right since I fixed it" My friend Ken talking about his lawn mower

Offline Todd McDiffitt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2023, 07:31:38 PM »
Well USPS just keeps on getting better. Paid for $500 worth of insurance on this “lost” package. Filed a claim about 7-8 days ago with all the identifying evidence and just got a letter today saying they will only pay $100. What a racket they got going on at USPS. Filing an appeal when PO opens on Tuesday. Man what a nightmare!

Offline Hud

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • 360-921-5779
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2023, 04:55:16 PM »
Todd it should be fraudulent and a scam to falsely sell insurance to cover the loss to the seller and then pay a minimum to make the problem go away. Be sure to include the original sales contract, photos, etc when you file a claim. Send a copy to your representatives in Congress and your local paper.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Todd McDiffitt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2023, 05:08:00 PM »
Oh yes, I had all pertinent paperwork when I filed the claim.

Offline Todd McDiffitt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2023, 07:18:31 PM »
I relentlessly pursued this claim for over 4 months with untold number of phone calls, emails and visits to local Post Office. Had 2 claims denied and filed the 3rd and final one on October 1st with no feedback until Monday when the insurance check showed up in the mail. Boy do they make it hard to collect what you paid for in the beginning. I guess it’s over now but I will be extremely reluctant to use USPS to send another bow anywhere.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©