3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: ADDRESING Mike Yancy's post...  (Read 3142 times)

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
ADDRESING Mike Yancy's post...
« on: August 26, 2023, 05:48:46 PM »
I'm posting this separate so that I don't take away from my post about his african hunt...

One of many.....

" IM A HUNTER and I kill stuff and if its legal that's all that matters!"

Amen

Check back in the morning for more. I'm fixing to get on a rant....
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: ADDRESING Mike Yancy's post...
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2023, 09:52:28 AM »
"I said all that, not to offend anyone but to state the fact that you used to be able to come here and visit with big time hunters that were real men"

Yes, I'm not going to name names but each blank is a name that use to post here. Most have passed away or are too old to hunt anymore. And they aren't many replacements like them.  These men were all VERY well known in Tradbowhunting. And the blanks below are men that I pulled out of my head at the moment.  I'm sure I have left off many more than the 17 below.

_______, ______, _______, ______, _______, _______, _______, _______, ________, _______, _______, _______, _______, _______, _______, ______, _______,

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Offline Mike Yancey

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2023, 10:25:31 AM »
Again, I would like to stress that I in no way meant to belittle anyone or disrespect their method here. I was perhaps was a bit harsh in the opening comment in defending my hunting, mainly ahead of anything being said. I had already had to delete and block one guy on my site for accusing me very aggressively for hunting and killing a zebra. Stating why in so many cuss words would I kill and hunt an animal that is on the brink of extinction! I don't know what Disney movie he watched, but zebra are far from the brink of extinction. In fast by their nature of being smart and hard to hunt, in many areas they are over populated and have to be managed in more than desirable methods to control the numbers.

I know that its exciting to be ordering a new or your first custom bow and the excitement of picking out the perfect one. Well there isn't one thing that I would say bad about that in any way!! I have guys call me multiple times when ordering a bow from me and I totally understand and can appreciate the excitement involved!

On the primitive method, I will never think bad or look down on anyone that doesn't do it my way or how they want to do it. The thing again that got me in a self-defenses mode was the guys that try to shove their primitive ideas and judgment on to me! I could care less if you shoot a carbon shaft out of your selfbow, I have and killed a bunch with them. My deal is when you hunt you use the best at what works! I mean works! Not what someone says is Primitive or Traditional, we owe it to the animals to do it as best we can, PERIOD!  In fact this is a way of life for most and not some cute little thing that we saw in a video that we thinks looks cool, what we do requires practice and dedication like no other way I know of and I have always and will always help new guys with questions and help in any way that I can.

In my defense, I really do miss the old guys that were here years ago! There are few that I see that are taking up the torch and following in respect and carrying on what I love. That being said, there are still several here that do and I can name them out as great guys and story tellers. Walt Francis, Mike Mitten are just a couple that are left that still share their hunting stories and both can sell articles to magazines or in book form but share it here to us for free.

I would encourage each and everyone to step up and live and tell the adventure as you grow in the sport!
Mike

Offline GCook

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2023, 11:39:33 AM »
Mike you hunt the hard way and have had long term success doing it.  Nothing but respect for that.
As for the rest of it, well people aren't the same as yesteryear.   An Era has passed and I doubt we shall see the like again.  You keep being you and I'll always enjoy the tales of your hunts.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2023, 11:50:37 AM by GCook »
I can afford to shoot most any bow I like.  And I like Primal Tech bows.

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2023, 12:17:15 PM »
No apology is needed Mike, you said what many needed to say.... And I'm going to chime in on it. I'm gonna back you up in my own words.

Offline Maclean

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2023, 12:21:38 PM »
Again, I would like to stress that I in no way meant to belittle anyone or disrespect their method here. I was perhaps was a bit harsh in the opening comment in defending my hunting, mainly ahead of anything being said. I had already had to delete and block one guy on my site for accusing me very aggressively for hunting and killing a zebra. Stating why in so many cuss words would I kill and hunt an animal that is on the brink of extinction! I don't know what Disney movie he watched, but zebra are far from the brink of extinction. In fast by their nature of being smart and hard to hunt, in many areas they are over populated and have to be managed in more than desirable methods to control the numbers.

I know that its exciting to be ordering a new or your first custom bow and the excitement of picking out the perfect one. Well there isn't one thing that I would say bad about that in any way!! I have guys call me multiple times when ordering a bow from me and I totally understand and can appreciate the excitement involved!

On the primitive method, I will never think bad or look down on anyone that doesn't do it my way or how they want to do it. The thing again that got me in a self-defenses mode was the guys that try to shove their primitive ideas and judgment on to me! I could care less if you shoot a carbon shaft out of your selfbow, I have and killed a bunch with them. My deal is when you hunt you use the best at what works! I mean works! Not what someone says is Primitive or Traditional, we owe it to the animals to do it as best we can, PERIOD!  In fact this is a way of life for most and not some cute little thing that we saw in a video that we thinks looks cool, what we do requires practice and dedication like no other way I know of and I have always and will always help new guys with questions and help in any way that I can.

In my defense, I really do miss the old guys that were here years ago! There are few that I see that are taking up the torch and following in respect and carrying on what I love. That being said, there are still several here that do and I can name them out as great guys and story tellers. Walt Francis, Mike Mitten are just a couple that are left that still share their hunting stories and both can sell articles to magazines or in book form but share it here to us for free.

I would encourage each and everyone to step up and live and tell the adventure as you grow in the sport!
Mike

Mike, I love this. Well said!

I for one am saddened by the gradual loss of the old guard. Learning from those who came before us, and actually walked the talk is the main reason I'm on this forum.
Toelke Chinook 58" 52@28
Toelke Pika 54" 50@28
Toelke Whip 64" 42@28
Java Man Elkheart Magnum 52" 48@28
Centaur Longbow 60" 50@28
Black Widow PL III 62" 53@28

Idaho Traditional Bowhunters
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Backcountry Hunters and Anglers

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2023, 01:10:27 PM »
"Seems like nothing brings out the cry babies and hate faces like the picture of a dead zebra or mountain lion. "

Yep, they will cry and  cry until they find out the reeds they are weaving provide no nutrition. Then they will gladly eat what the alfas bring in to the tribe.

They sound like lunatic vegans. Eat only broccoli for 2 months and see how you fare against someone who's only eaten steak for 2 months. Research it!!!

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2023, 02:26:23 PM »
"and didn't care about the color of their bow limbs only about the adventure and challenge of the hunt."

Yes, there are hardly any stories told anymore.  Is mostly flash in the pan pics on big tech for 'likes'.

Golfball challenge,  milk carton challenge, 6 am challenge, 6 pm challenge, It's the third Wednesday in March and it's cloudy challenge.... bs bs and more bs. Most now aren't killing anything but time.

Online Pine

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2023, 03:20:02 PM »
 Well I have to admit the last time I was grilling some bacon wrapped venison tenderloins I had tears in my eyes.
The wind shifted as I opened the grill and got some ashes in my eyes.  :wavey:
It's easier to fool someone than to convince them they have been fooled. Mark Twain

If you're afraid to offend, you can't be honest.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Maclean

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2023, 03:59:42 PM »
Well I have to admit the last time I was grilling some bacon wrapped venison tenderloins I had tears in my eyes.
The wind shifted as I opened the grill and got some ashes in my eyes.  :wavey:

:clapper: :biglaugh: :laughing:
Toelke Chinook 58" 52@28
Toelke Pika 54" 50@28
Toelke Whip 64" 42@28
Java Man Elkheart Magnum 52" 48@28
Centaur Longbow 60" 50@28
Black Widow PL III 62" 53@28

Idaho Traditional Bowhunters
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Backcountry Hunters and Anglers

Offline Skates 2

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2023, 05:12:46 PM »
Most people who have only been here for a year or less have no clue.  It is so sad to see the people who are now infiltrating this site and belittling those who went before them and dominated traditional bow hunting. Just keyboard warriors. They only want to Hunt from their little pods in their house.  They have no clue what real hunting is, and only want to make fun of those that have come before them carving the way for them to proceed on forward. I agree they need to find a peta forum.

Offline Md2bintn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2023, 07:57:59 PM »
Can someone please point out the offensive post?? Can’t seem to find it

Offline CoilSpring

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2023, 11:12:57 PM »
Md2bintn (Anthony),
I think your question was misunderstood.

Here's the topic started by Mike Yancy entitled "Zebra Story".  The quotes were from his first (opening) post.

https://www.tradgang.com/tgsmf/index.php?topic=182127.0

Maybe this will help.
Regards,
CoilSpring

Offline Md2bintn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2023, 03:47:54 PM »
Yes, perhaps my question was misunderstood. I’m still looking for the offensive post. Was it on another forum??
Kudos to Mr Mike on and awesome hunt

Offline Bow man

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2023, 05:18:41 AM »
Sad we always need to be ready defend ourselves and our legal fully ethical way of hunting. Mike well done in Africa. Thank you for sharing it with us. Terry thank you for keeping this site going
Compton Life Member
PBS QRM

Online rastaman

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2023, 09:19:55 AM »
Thank you Terry and thank you Mike! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
TGMM Family of the Bow

:archer:                                               

Randy Keene
"Life is precious and so are you."  Marley Keene

Offline pdk25

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2023, 05:10:50 PM »
I didn't read the post that may have been offensive to some.  I don't know how much things have changed really regarding people, but there are far too many people that think hunting with trad bows is an activity enjoyed over tea and scones, and that anyone doing things different from them just aren't enlightened.  Then there are those that don't know all of the facts and still weigh in with a strong opinion.  Then there are those with little real world experience that are quick to tell others the right or only way to do something or the only appropriate equipment to use.  I hope that I don't fall into any of those categories, but I am far from perfect.  All in all, this can be as easy or as difficult as one chooses it to be, and hopefully we can all just have fun hunting with trad bows.  When it really comes down to it, getting your arrow flying straight and hitting the mark is all that is important roughly 99 percent of the time, unless you are hunting something crazy tough.  The rest is mostly personal preferences.  Okay, I will shutup for now.  Hunting season coming up, so everyone enjoy.

Offline Tajue17

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2023, 06:21:00 PM »
I don't get to post much anymore and just catching this and kinda figure I know whats going on and thats all I can say is Mike I enjoy all your photos and storys of your hunts,, the selfbows and flintlocks speak for themselves...  we are hunters we deal with hate every day pretty much in some form or another.....  you keep doing what you enjoy and if you feel good in the end I salute you!  don't change or explain away anything.   
"Us vs Them"

Online Captain*Kirk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2023, 09:02:44 PM »
I was talking with an acquaintance today and telling him I put in for my archery deer permit this week. He asked if I hunted with a crossbow. I let out a snort, rolled my eyes and said, "Hell no!"
Then he asked if I hunted with a "C-word"...again, "no. I use a 50 year-old recurve and handmade cedar arrows. Instinctive, no sights." 
"Aren't you limiting yourself?" I just smiled at him and said, "Yeah, I reckon maybe I am."
 :archer2:

Keep up with the stories, Mike. We all enjoy them even if we can't be there.
Aim small,miss small

Offline JonCagle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2023, 10:51:55 AM »
I found there are many folks out there carrying on the old ways and doing well for themselves in this sport. I see them at shoots and on other websites aplenty. The deal is they don’t waste their time here to bicker like the rest of you. I come here periodically and all I ever see is bitterness at the lack of quality here and pointing fingers as to why, but y’all ever took a look inward you may find the common denominator is yourselves.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©