Author Topic: Bigfoot-----------bows??  (Read 4393 times)

Offline Mad Max

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bigfoot-----------bows??
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2023, 06:10:32 PM »
Nice story
Back to the original question

"I see Bigfoot holding your bow and some arrows.  Tell us the story, he came by your house?? ect.
How did all that go?? "   :dunno:

You know the Jack Links guy ??
I would rather fail at something above my means, than to succeed at something  beneath my means  
}}}}===============>>

Online Captain*Kirk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2023, 10:13:46 PM »
Great story! Even better ending! Did you ever do any follow-up on it? Search for tracks? Go back in the bush better armed...with a couple friends? That would have shaken me to my core.
Aim small,miss small

Online Kirkll

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2023, 10:32:53 AM »
Nice story
Back to the original question

"I see Bigfoot holding your bow and some arrows.  Tell us the story, he came by your house?? ect.
How did all that go?? "   :dunno:

You know the Jack Links guy ??

Actually…… The name “Big Foot Bows” originated from a heart breaking experience with a beautiful piece of black walnut on one of my first prototypes of the Sasquatch hybrid long bow…..

I had built a one piece bow out of a single block of black walnut, and had it completely finish sanded and almost ready for clear coating. I was shooting the bow when it developed a compression crack right at the back of the  shelf cut out…
I was sick…. This thing shot beautifully…..

So being the die hard that I am, rather than throwing in the towel, I decided to put a footing in that finished riser and try and save it. So I took it over to the band saw and cut a radius out of that bow free hand, and hand fit that footing into the walnut…. Believe it or not… I pulled it off and saved the bow….

It was. BIG FOOTING job…… Hence forth, and towitt…. Two words Big Foot Bows…

Of course my Sasquatch buddy had to get some PR time, and…. I did get a photo release contract signed……. :biglaugh:

Now you know “The rest of the story”….. (Paul Harvey). I know, I know,,, I’m dating myself.    Kirk
Big Foot Bows
Traditional Archery
[email protected]
http://bigfootbows.com/b/bows/

Online Pine

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2023, 12:46:23 PM »
 :archer: Really enjoyed this thread.
Thanks a bunch.  :clapper: :clapper: :clapper:
It's easier to fool someone than to convince them they have been fooled. Mark Twain

If you're afraid to offend, you can't be honest.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Mad Max

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2023, 08:10:38 AM »
Cool Thanks
I would rather fail at something above my means, than to succeed at something  beneath my means  
}}}}===============>>

Offline Trond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2024, 03:11:28 AM »
Wow! What a story!

Kirk is currently beginning to build two sister Saquatch hybrids to my granddaughter and myself. I was sondering about the name, but now I know!

Thank´s Kirk
BearPaw Cayuga 66", 37# @29"
Samick Red Fox 64", 35# @28"
"The more you work, the luckier you get." Byron Ferguson

Online Kirkll

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2024, 02:46:55 PM »
Wow! What a story!

Kirk is currently beginning to build two sister Saquatch hybrids to my granddaughter and myself. I was sondering about the name, but now I know!

Thank´s Kirk

Here are the footed riser blocks Trond... You are next on my list after i get done with a 1 piece Flatliner....

https://photos.app.goo.gl/yyeQoRDg15V45xH58

Btw.... After i finish your bows and get some pictures of you and your grand daughter shooting together i'd like to write the whole story of Thea being born with a bow in her hand to date. it's been very cool watching her grow up and get into archery thanks to grandpa....    Kirk

« Last Edit: July 29, 2024, 02:54:39 PM by Kirkll »
Big Foot Bows
Traditional Archery
[email protected]
http://bigfootbows.com/b/bows/

Offline Trond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2024, 05:19:27 PM »
The story will be told, my friend. And when I have read the story you have just told, I know it will be good. I’ll supply you with the keywords, and leave the rest to you. I knew you where an artist in the workshop, but now I see that you’re a brilliant storyteller as well.
You’re awesome, buddy!
BearPaw Cayuga 66", 37# @29"
Samick Red Fox 64", 35# @28"
"The more you work, the luckier you get." Byron Ferguson

Offline rich k

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: September 08, 2024, 07:48:43 PM »
Great storytelling! Kirk paints a picture so clearly that I feel like I am right there with him. I'm hooked..
"Aim at squirrel - miss squirrel. Aim at squirrel's eye - hit squirrel's head"  Native American expression.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©