3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: bought a Waldrop Pacseat!  (Read 912 times)

Online Michpatriot

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
bought a Waldrop Pacseat!
« on: September 24, 2023, 11:08:19 PM »
Well Ive been turning it over all summer, just took the bait!! I messed with a bunch of seating over the years for outdoors and hunting. Couple points I've always had to contend with are, hauling said seat to and from each and every hunting spot while sometimes still hunting ,sometimes while having a rucksack on It was a cumbersome task. Then getting a comfortable arrangement in different ground conditions once a spot presented itself come to mind. This Pac seat looks to be a great and flexible system. I think my rucksack is going to get affixed to the rear so it stays put while using it as a seat reducing the riggamarole involved with just setting down quick and maybe for just a short sit. I would like to hear from anyone who uses one of these Pacseats, in particular the comfort level. I have lower back\tailbone and hip issues that really give me fits when I've sat in less desirable positions for a while that may get some relief from the hammock style of the seat I see this has.  Can't wait to get this out in the woods.

Joel
« Last Edit: September 25, 2023, 04:19:33 PM by Michpatriot »

Online mgf

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: bought a Waldrop Pacseat!
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2023, 06:14:12 AM »
I've used a bunch of different seats too. I think my favorite so far has been my Torgas seat but it's still something extra to carry and most of our trees are covered in poison Ivy vines. LOL

The Waldrop always seemed expensive to me but it's a versatile seat and is part of the pack.

When I was younger I didn't need to be comfortable to sit. I have always had trouble sitting still for long periods and more so now that it hurts.

It seems backwards but as my hunting opportunities get more limited and I become less able (age) I find myself buying more gear just so I can best take advantage of any opportunity. 

Last year I got a new XOP stand and a real safety harness with the idea of bring the stand in and out with me and being able to move around. My old hang on was the most uncomfortable torture contraption ever invented.

Yesterday I took my squirrel rifle out to scout a new property...50 acres of beans and about 7 acres of the most gnarly blowdown choked, sticker and poison ivy filled woods you ever saw. I thought I was going to have to wait for the bus to bring me back to my truck. I'm not going to march in and out of there with 20+ pounds on my back and be climbing up and down trees. I'm going to walk out there and just sit and rest up for the trip back. LOL

Offline Mike Malvaini

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2023, 01:06:21 PM »
Yes, they are great seats and not flimsy and not trickery For a real bow hunter.

Online frassettor

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2023, 04:22:23 PM »
You’ll enjoy it. Best seat I have ever had
"Everything's fine,just fine". Dad

Offline MCNSC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2023, 07:43:30 AM »
I just got one a couple weeks ago. Well made,quiet, light weight and very versatile, I’m pretty impressed with the seat.
 In my opinion it’s not as comfortable as some seats , but much easier to use and so versatile. Been shooting my bow from it some, first shots were high but seems I’ve got it down pretty good now.  Looking forward to using it
"What was big was not the trout, but the chance. What was full was not my creel, but my memory"
 Aldo Leopold

"It hasn't worked right since I fixed it" My friend Ken talking about his lawn mower

Online Roger Norris

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2023, 09:50:47 PM »
I used mine this morning...super comfortable, I had deer close and I didn't need to fidget. Excellent quality, well worth the money.
"Good Lord....well, your new name is Sledge."
Ron LaClair upon seeing the destruction of his new lock on the east gate

"A man that cheats in the woods will cheat anywhere"
G. Fred Asbell

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©