3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: New age bs  (Read 2247 times)

Offline Jim Jackson

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
New age bs
« on: September 26, 2023, 01:55:13 PM »
instagram, and facebook have brought about so many fake hunters, it's ridiculous. It's really sad what the real true traditional hunter is having to go through and I can see the mandate and the frustration. Because it's going away and will probably never come back again.

I'm afraid it's over due to the fakenes an need to be famous.

Blaze out your own trail.

Offline Jim Wright

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: New age bs
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2023, 02:18:38 PM »
Fake hunters have been around for a lot longer than instagram and facebook! For decades now back to vhs , beta, etc... "pros" in the hunting and fishing field have been rolling out an endless parade of "trophies" and hawking an unending line of mostly useless crap to "sportsmen" and examples of this and their popularity can be seen in more than a few past posts on this forum.

Online M60gunner

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2023, 02:40:54 PM »
I know what you mean. IMO a big part of their success in drawing people to them is the viewers wanting “instant “ answers to questions without doing a little research like visiting this website. Or, heaven forbid read a book on the subject written by people with proven records. Oh, it also seems in order to be one of these new “experts “ you have to wear a ball cap with the brim backwards and have a straggly beard.

Offline Maclean

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2023, 03:06:59 PM »
I know what you mean. IMO a big part of their success in drawing people to them is the viewers wanting “instant “ answers to questions without doing a little research like visiting this website. Or, heaven forbid read a book on the subject written by people with proven records. Oh, it also seems in order to be one of these new “experts “ you have to wear a ball cap with the brim backwards and have a straggly beard.

That's so true gunner. Every time I see someone wearing the ball cap backwards I just laugh and shake my head. It's so friggin pointless.   :knothead:
Toelke Chinook 58" 52@28
Toelke Pika 54" 50@28
Toelke Whip 64" 42@28
Java Man Elkheart Magnum 52" 48@28
Centaur Longbow 60" 50@28
Black Widow PL III 62" 53@28

Idaho Traditional Bowhunters
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Backcountry Hunters and Anglers

Offline Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2023, 05:34:10 PM »
Agreed that there's a lot of that stuff going on, but there have always been con people, and there always will be.  Regardless, it doesn't affect what I do or how I hunt. 

Online BAK

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2023, 06:44:01 PM »
I had a friend who was a Game Warden here in Iowa.  He was also a consummate cat fisherman.  He was contacted by a TV production company who paid him to go to another state, go out and catch a bunch of catfish, then place them on the hook for the TV personality so he could real them in and make his TV show look good.

He got such a kick out of this, knowing what a phony the TV show was, and he made some extra cash in the process.  That was back in the 1970's.....

Nope, not new at all. :nono:
"May your blood trails be short and your drags all down hill."

Online mgf

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2023, 06:07:48 AM »
Next think you know you guys will be trying to tell me that Superman can't really fly.

Offline HARL

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2023, 03:13:34 PM »
        Are you serious about Superman ?
62"63@28 Zipper Nitro
62"60@28 Zipper Nitro
A Doz. Hill Longbows

Offline Trenton G.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2023, 09:04:41 AM »
The Easter Bunny is still real though, right? I understand that the tooth fairy is a bit of a stretch, but don't tell me that the rabbit doesn't exist either!

Offline blacktailbob

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
    • Island Graphics Inc.
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2023, 03:10:11 PM »
And man walked on the moon 54 years ago too.
But they've had to hitch rides with the Russians to the ISS for 9 years after the shuttle was scrapped till just recently cuz we didn't have the ability or capability.
 :biglaugh:
[email protected]

Islandgraphicsfl.com

Offline Russell Southerland

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2023, 07:23:54 PM »
Too funny blacktail!!!  :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Yes, I think th OP knows the bs has always been around, but titled it new age because of the bs'ers new platform.  :bigsmyl:

Offline Roger Norris

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2023, 09:44:38 PM »
instagram, and facebook have brought about so many fake hunters, it's ridiculous. It's really sad what the real true traditional hunter is having to go through and I can see the mandate and the frustration. Because it's going away and will probably never come back again.

I'm afraid it's over due to the fakenes an need to be famous.

While I agree with you that we are overrun with some glory hungry social media type "hunters", I don't think that it is "over".

I decided a long time ago that traditional bowhunting was for ME. Not the world, not for attention, but because I love it. I used to post online about bowhunting a lot more than I do now...that is part of my rebellion....I don't need to tell everyone what I am doing, all the time. So my advice is ignore them, and don't let them ruin a sport for you. Hunt for yourself....not the approval of others.
"Good Lord....well, your new name is Sledge."
Ron LaClair upon seeing the destruction of his new lock on the east gate

"A man that cheats in the woods will cheat anywhere"
G. Fred Asbell

Offline Maclean

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2023, 09:59:32 PM »
Bravo Roger. Well said. Thank you.
Toelke Chinook 58" 52@28
Toelke Pika 54" 50@28
Toelke Whip 64" 42@28
Java Man Elkheart Magnum 52" 48@28
Centaur Longbow 60" 50@28
Black Widow PL III 62" 53@28

Idaho Traditional Bowhunters
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Backcountry Hunters and Anglers

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2023, 10:44:35 AM »
Oh Lord, don't get me started on the youtubers that are trying to teach people how to shoot.  It's horrendous at the garbage that is out there.  It's like if you have a YT channel, that instantly makes you an expert.  Unbelievable at the people I've watch teaching that couldn't hit a barn from the inside.

People, please don't buy into everyone that has a youtube channel.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Online mgf

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2023, 09:58:42 AM »
        Are you serious about Superman ?

Kind of making a joke out of taking anything on TV or Youtube at face value. "movie magic" can show you just about anything. 

Offline degabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2023, 05:25:01 PM »
Was smelt dipping on the east side of Michigan and getting nothing. The local outdoor show showed up to do a clip on smelt dipping but the fish didn't show up. Their answer to that was to dump some frozen smelt into the river and have a few people scoop them up like they were actually catching fish. They made a big deal about it on tv about how great the fish had been running that night. That was the last time I watched that show.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©